The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They start shooting in June or July next year. Assuming they follow the sameish timeline as GoT did that would put them on track for an early March 2018 premiere. Not too bad.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They start shooting in June or July next year. Assuming they follow the sameish timeline as GoT did that would put them on track for an early March 2018 premiere. Not too bad.
For you :mjpls:

After a slow start this show got really addictive

Sly Cooper

dem bilaa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ET/ER
Great season finale :ohlawd: Ford finally found peace and the hosts took back their world

I think it was episode 1 or 2 where one of the characters said that Ford was chasing his demons (guilt). Now that I look back, I guess that was a little clue into his endgame: he wanted to set things right.

But real quick, did yall see how happy MIB was when he saw all those robots coming out the damn forest?! That man was ready to die :snoop:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:wow: hbo with another one

About to rewatch cause I know I missed alot of details but it was still great.

I guess we gonna see society have to deal with a new type of being next year. Robots with consciousness. Conservatives with the guns out wanting to kill them all and liberals trying to protect them and integrate :heh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
William's turn is so fukking funny to me. His transformation was so sudden. He didn't just "fell in love" with Dolores and made everything to find her, that journey somehow unlucked a whole demonic side that came completely out of left field: Then he completely lost it when he realized she was a thotbot. Be a fukked up simp brehs :mjlol: :mjlol:

I don't care about theories being proved right. This was a really dope first season. Gonna miss Hopkins, dude fukking killed it as Ford.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I fear for my shawty Tessa...:mjcry:
I usually can't fault her as an actress (or in looks for that matter) but something about her was off in this show. And her acting sucked she looked like she was trying so hard to suppress the British accent

Ps never knew she was so shapeless either, white man's fantasy right there

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
William didn't die. He just got grazed and has a broken arm. Ed Harris is signed on for season 2, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah. At first I saw that scene and thought William just got murked off camera. But if West World and Samurai World are supposed to keep going - not sure if that's even the intention going into Season 2 - they kinda need William to be alive and be like ":demonic: let the real games begin, Delos still gonna put money in this thing".

Or he could just be bait for Maeve...:patrice:

What a finale brehs...:wow:

Sir GOATkins final speech was like...

jordan-last-shot-o.gif

Perfection but I have a feeling that wasn't the real Ford...He was building somebody in that lab and they never showed who...

I'm not sure if Maeve stuck to her script, seemed like she broke out of her programmed route when she got off the train...

Whoever planned this wasn't planning for that geek sliding her that info about her daughter..

But on the other hand, Ford's last speech did imply hosts would make their own hard decisions...and just as he was saying that they made a cut to show Maeve's face :jbhmm:

I'm still somewhat confused on the realization that Delores had before the slaughter began. She finally realized the voice that was talking to her and realized what she had done in the past- Ford expected her to kill him, but he did mention this time Delores pulling the trigger would be by choice :jbhmm:. Any insight into that?

:ohhh:

He told her "do you now know what you have to do, Dolores?" and he knew that meant her killing him.

Arnold and Ford made Dolores shoot them in the head. Is there a real difference between Arnold's method (program her) and Robert's (make her "choose")? :mmmmm:

Maeve's narrative was a distraction but more importantly also a test of consciousness. Ford told Bernard that consciousness came from the hosts going through suffering, to be in a situation where you want to change things as they are. Maeve was programmed to escape, but was given the note about the daughter she remembered as a test (the suffering of her losing her daughter). Would she follow her programming by leaving on the train or would she develop true free choice and go back for her daughter. The narrative ends with the train departing, hence everything shutting down, but Maeve stayed online because she had conquered the narrative. It was my favorite part of the entire episode because of how cleverly they did it, plus it finally explained why the Asian tech let everything slide because he was in on it.

I was so caught up on everything else that Felix being in on it went completely over my head :wow: :wow: :wow:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I just finished it. When she shot Ford I was like Delores Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.:damn: and the whole park is in shutdown and they're trapped in there with them!!!!

Next season Samurai World!!!!! :krs:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yeah. At first I saw that scene and thought William just got murked off camera. But if West World and Samurai World are supposed to keep going - not sure if that's even the intention going into Season 2 - they kinda need William to be alive and be like ":demonic: let the real games begin, Delos still gonna put money in this thing".

Or he could just be bait for Maeve...:patrice:

But on the other hand, Ford's last speech did imply hosts would make their own hard decisions...and just as he was saying that they made a cut to show Maeve's face :jbhmm:

:ohhh:

He told her "do you now know what you have to do, Dolores?" and he knew that meant her killing him.

Arnold and Ford made Dolores shoot them in the head. Is there a real difference between Arnold's method (program her) and Robert's (make her "choose")? :mmmmm:

I was so caught up on everything else that Felix being in on it went completely over my head :wow: :wow: :wow:

I see William being the Agent Smith of the show in season 2. He's gonna be wiping out the hosts and low key be the real hero of the story while being portrayed as a villain. I think the show will put a spin where the viewer will sympathize with the hosts, but who knows :manny: