The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TMIB/William timeline confirmed:ehh: Logan rode off the screen:hubie: Delores mortality ETHER:huhldup: Teddy:cape: to the rescue:duck: Arnold's consciousness inspired the maze:lupe: Bernard recharged:blessed: Demonic workers FUKKERY backfired:birdman: Tattoo Chick/Hector:fire: FATALITY count:ooh: MichaelAngelo's hidden brain:mindblown: Charlotte/Fantasy Writer schemin':usure: Beachfront narrative segue:ohhh: Lawrence still in the game:whoo: Felix's the consummate professional:mjgrin: Maeve flawless getaway aborted:damn: Dr. Ford's fatal oration:wow: Violence, the end of your chapter:ohlawd: Hosts Revolt:banderas: Guests targeted:dead: West World:mj: broke the 4th Wall/Internet:lawd:

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was going to say the Asian tech storyline was sloppy, but it all made sense at the end of the season finale.

:francis::francis: everything was brilliant, minus the security at Westworld. The back up security systems and the trained men are such trash, it doesnt even make sense.
It makes sense, Ford controls everything, maeves breakout was intentional. All the other human units and department in Westworld are just pawns

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll just take my L and admit it all must have gone over my head, b/c i have the same feeling I've had since episode 1, ...why the hell should i care exactly? I have no empathy for the "robots." And I certainly didn't care about the humans, especially when at any given second it could be revealed that said human was in fact a "robot." All the more complex stuff just put me to sleep. Jeffrey Wright is human ambien.
Jeffrey wright is very boring, but it fits this role. He's a technician

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
they made that kinda obvious tho when bernard was showing her how it was all a new narrative for her

a lot of shyt in this finale was obvious, but the execution of it all is just what puts it above and beyond :wow:
Yeah once it became clear that Ford was committed to the Hosts gaining consciousness then everything fell into place that he was planning this all along including Maeve's awakening and escape.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It makes sense, Ford controls everything, maeves breakout was intentional. All the other human units and department in Westworld are just pawns

I get that, but aren't they supposed to highly trained? I mean, it was typical action movie, where instead of having suppressing fire, you have each guy run out individually and get bodied. They were anateurish at best

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
TWO THINGS i loved about this episode.

1) they fixed the maeve storyline, which was my main complain about the show this entire season. and it looks like, based on the look on the face of that asian technician while he was giving her the daughthers location, the technician was in on fords plan too. another "maze" for maeve to find her self consciousness and her own voice. also, the big panel whcih images of westworld when you enter the park has a clip with maeve and her daughter, wouldnt be surprised if maeve was meant to see that when she went on the tour and when she tried to escape

2) the idea of consciousness which is your own voice telling you things (we all hear our own voice when were thinking) is brilliant, and was alluded to earlier in the season. arnold knew the robots needed a voice, he used his own until they found theirs

im not sure where the show goes from here, and yeah most of the twists were predictable, but people i know who arent tv junkies or on internet forums and shyt didnt see any of this coming
wait...how can you tell he was in on it? i dont understand. is he human or android?