The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm thinking she set up an environmental danger (to use a video game term) because she couldn't directly kill him. But yeah, I assume the horse would've killed him if he didn't get loose.

As far as why she'd do that, I'm starting to think more of the hosts are "woke" than we were originally lead to believe. Like the ones that attacked the security guard.

Fred.
Yep. There also have been references on the show and on the website that farther away you go from Sweetwater (where the train pulls in) the more dangerous the "games" can become for the guests. And the release form does make you sign off that you're okay with the possibility of accidental death.

As far as the security guard getting attacked though, I'm wondering if the ghost tribe is "woke" or if Ford programmed them to ignore that dude's commands.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yep. There also have been references on the show and on the website that farther away you go from Sweetwater (where the train pulls in) the more dangerous the "games" can become for the guests. And the release form does make you sign off that you're okay with the possibility of accidental death.

As far as the security guard getting attacked though, I'm wondering if the ghost tribe is "woke" or if Ford programmed them to ignore that dude's commands.
That dude was getting suspicious and ford knew it I'm guessing. Just offed his ass.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Another thing I meant to mention earlier, Ford is smarter than Bernard but I seriously doubt he's smarter than Arnold. Bernard told Ford last ep :umad: "you didn't even program most of me, Arnold did"....meaning Arnold is a better programmer than Ford, who is himself a beast. It seems like Arnold started to realize their creations were more than just machines and Ford was like :camby:
"fukk all that" because he wanted to play God and had Delores kill him. But Arnold seems too smart to go out like that, despite what he told Delores last ep I think he's still around in some capacity, fukking things up. There has been too much unaccounted for fukkery this season.

Fred.
I think ford mentions how the bots would cause destruction inthe outside world to bernard and they are better in the park, and the board has more sinister plans with the bots. Ford might actually be the good guy, even though weve percieved him to be the antagonist. These robots are likable here, but if they got full control of their protocol, theyd become the top of the food chain easy.

It seems like arnold was the scientist who went mad and wanted to give these bots consciousness and get them out there.

There is also now studies foreal that show it is possible to download ones consciousness further in the future. Considering this is way in the future it can be a possibility here so arnold might very well be in the park someway.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm starting to think even the "woke" hosts are part of Ford's narrative.

Ford had to set up the security guard because he was lured out there by a signal from Elsie....and we obviously know Ford had her killed.

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Logan = MIB

MIB being William would be too predictable and would explain his contempt for Delores. Still can't picture William raping or killing delores, even in the future timeline
agree. i would be all for william but how he gonna make that heel turn to dragging her into the barn in the future. i think you may be right

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing I meant to mention earlier, Ford is smarter than Bernard but I seriously doubt he's smarter than Arnold. Bernard told Ford last ep :umad: "you didn't even program most of me, Arnold did"....meaning Arnold is a better programmer than Ford, who is himself a beast. It seems like Arnold started to realize their creations were more than just machines and Ford was like :camby:
"fukk all that" because he wanted to play God and had Delores kill him. But Arnold seems too smart to go out like that, despite what he told Delores last ep I think he's still around in some capacity, fukking things up. There has been too much unaccounted for fukkery this season.

Fred.
Bernard was mistaken there, it's confirmed that Arnold was dead before Ford started work on Bernard. The things in Bernard's program that weren't written by Ford were written by Bernard himself. Ford is steps ahead of Bernard but he is a better programmer and potentially smarter than Ford and Arnold ever dreamed of being. He just can't see the full picture and when he goes looking for the answers Ford is able to use what he can't see against him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
agree. i would be all for william but how he gonna make that heel turn to dragging her into the barn in the future. i think you may be right

It's not really a heel turn because in his mind he's helping them evolve. Remember when he said he killed Maeve and her daughter? He said before Maeve died she seemed more real than any other point in her life. He said the same thing in the 1st or 2nd ep about how hosts are the most real when they're suffering.

Dude is clearly nuts but he does have a logic behind what he's doing.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The things in Bernard's program that weren't written by Ford were written by Bernard himself.

I don't mean Arnold worked on Bernard. I mean Arnold wrote the code the hosts are built around.

As far as what I quoted....huh? Bernard was created after Arnold died. Arnold wrote the code that went into creating him and every other host. Ford has fukked with the code since then which is why he's like a god in the park.

The only host that has fukked with it's own code is Maeve.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think ford mentions how the bots would cause destruction inthe outside world to bernard and they are better in the park, and the board has more sinister plans with the bots. Ford might actually be the good guy, even though weve percieved him to be the antagonist. These robots are likable here, but if they got full control of their protocol, theyd become the top of the food chain easy.

It seems like arnold was the scientist who went mad and wanted to give these bots consciousness and get them out there.

There is also now studies foreal that show it is possible to download ones consciousness further in the future. Considering this is way in the future it can be a possibility here so arnold might very well be in the park someway.

I think they're going to use the "Futureworld" plot for what Delos actually wants to do with the hosts.

They were replacing anyone powerful, rich people, world leaders, CEOs, etc. with hosts so they can take over the world.

Fred.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mean Arnold worked on Bernard. I mean Arnold wrote the code the hosts are built around.

As far as what I quoted....huh? Bernard was created after Arnold died. Arnold wrote the code that went into creating him and every other host. Ford has fukked with the code since then which is why he's like a god in the park.

The only host that has fukked with it's own code is Maeve.

Fred.
During his convo with Bernard Ford mentions that Bernard came up with a lot of code that Ford himself never considered. He also stated that Bernard built the backdoor that Ford used to shut down Clem and keep Bernard in check. Ford and Arnold worked together to start the original foundation for the hosts but the deeper more nuanced stuff that allowed Bernard to pass for human among people who know what to look for in a host was added and tweeked by Bernard. Ford may have been the one that added the updates but Bernard wrote the code.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
During his convo with Bernard Ford mentions that Bernard came up with a lot of code that Ford himself never considered. He also stated that Bernard built the backdoor that Ford used to shut down Clem and keep Bernard in check. Ford and Arnold worked together to start the original foundation for the hosts but the deeper more nuanced stuff that allowed Bernard to pass for human among people who know what to look for in a host was added and tweeked by Bernard. Ford may have been the one that added the updates but Bernard wrote the code.

Oh ok now I get what you're saying.

Fred.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

Fred.

That's where the piano comes in breh

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Just finished episode 9 it was great and I called it a couple episodes back
that Benard was Arnold it crossed my mind the first time they showed him and Delores speaking and telling her to go find the Maze.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Not really time line fukkery. Just two main time periods.

Any scene with William, Logan, and Delores, or any character around them, is in the past.

hbo-close-to-westworld-renewal.jpg

Any scene with The Man In Black is the present, because William (the guy in the picture above) is The Man In Black, just 30 years later:

ed-harris-returns-for-westworld-s2.jpg

That's the easiest way to remember it.

Fred.
ok :patrice: