The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
usually this is when we'd be ready for 3-4 hbo mega shows to drop in another season :francis:

i mean we got thrones and westworld.... what's going on over there... this ain't the hbo i'm used to

well if you hate, we'll let you hate and watch the emmy's pile up
50-Cent.jpg
I'm only 20 so I didn't really experience HBO back in the day like that, but man y'all were eating real good. Oz, The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, and that ain't even it.:whew:

You right though, nowadays it feels like HBO is lacking compared to the past. Game of Thrones has been popping for a while now, but Westworld has given me hope. If we can get a hit crime drama or horror series next.:ohlawd:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Logan = MIB

MIB being William would be too predictable and would explain his contempt for Delores. Still can't picture William raping or killing delores, even in the future timeline
Logan has blue eyes and MIB has brown eyes, or vice versa. Either way, that would be a huge oversight on the production side of the house.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
And if bots are programmed not to kill humans how come blonde bot nearly killed ed harris?

She left him tied to a horse. All the livestock in the park are robots, so the horse would be programmed to let him go if he was unable to free himself.

Somebody (either Theresa or Charlotte) said Ford's new narrative is about an old town that was buried. All that big machinery you've seen through out the season was digging out that town, and the church.

Fred.

MiB specifically went looking for the buried town when he found the rebuilt church (assuming that it is rebuilt, and not just the way Dolores perceives it)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
wait, are yall telling me this show is timeline fukkery? cuz i've just been watching it like its all happening at the same time....i'd kinda hate for it to be some time hopping shyt

Not really time line fukkery. Just two main time periods.

Any scene with William, Logan, and Delores, or any character around them, is in the past.

hbo-close-to-westworld-renewal.jpg

Any scene with The Man In Black is the present, because William (the guy in the picture above) is The Man In Black, just 30 years later:

ed-harris-returns-for-westworld-s2.jpg

That's the easiest way to remember it.

Fred.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
She left him tied to a horse. All the livestock in the park are robots, so the horse would be programmed to let him go if he was unable to free himself.
the same horse that galloped full steam ahead without a second glance to what was behind it? What is he bojack horsemen?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

MiB specifically went looking for the buried town when he found the rebuilt church (assuming that it is rebuilt, and not just the way Dolores perceives it)

Nah I mean earlier in the season. MiB and a few hosts mentioned "the buried town" but somebody back at the Delos labs specifically mentioned Ford was excavating an old town that was buried for his new narrative. At the time it was a throwaway line so most people didn't notice it.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the same horse that galloped full steam ahead without a second glance to what was behind it? What is he bojack horsemen?

I'm thinking she set up an environmental danger (to use a video game term) because she couldn't directly kill him. But yeah, I assume the horse would've killed him if he didn't get loose.

As far as why she'd do that, I'm starting to think more of the hosts are "woke" than we were originally lead to believe. Like the ones that attacked the security guard.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another thing I meant to mention earlier, Ford is smarter than Bernard but I seriously doubt he's smarter than Arnold. Bernard told Ford last ep :umad: "you didn't even program most of me, Arnold did"....meaning Arnold is a better programmer than Ford, who is himself a beast. It seems like Arnold started to realize their creations were more than just machines and Ford was like :camby:
"fukk all that" because he wanted to play God and had Delores kill him. But Arnold seems too smart to go out like that, despite what he told Delores last ep I think he's still around in some capacity, fukking things up. There has been too much unaccounted for fukkery this season.

Fred.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Another thing I meant to mention earlier, Ford is smarter than Bernard but I seriously doubt he's smarter than Arnold. Bernard told Ford last ep :umad: "you didn't even program most of me, Arnold did"....meaning Arnold is a better programmer than Ford, who is himself a beast. It seems like Arnold started to realize their creations were more than just machines and Ford was like :camby:
"fukk all that" because he wanted to play God and had Delores kill him. But Arnold seems too smart to go out like that, despite what he told Delores last ep I think he's still around in some capacity, fukking things up. There has been too much unaccounted for fukkery this season.

Fred.
Let's hope, even though his performances leaves me sleepy sometimes Jeffrey Wright is a great actor and there is more for arnold/bernard to still do

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No they don't.

maxresdefault.jpg

Fred.
Really hope this theory is disproved, as beautiful as the last episode was crafted the thought of Arnold being Bernard was always at the back of my head due to this thread :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
wait, are yall telling me this show is timeline fukkery? cuz i've just been watching it like its all happening at the same time....i'd kinda hate for it to be some time hopping shyt
I wouldn't say multiple timelines...just different points along the same line.

So most likely we are looking at 3 points.

Present/Current time - We are looking at Man in Black looking for the maze. Ford and Bernard clashing. Teddy. Dolores on her own retracing her steps where she has now found herself back to the town buried by sand. Maeve wanting to escape. The laboratory and the corporation, etc.

30 years ago - William, Logan, and Dolores on their adventure. Confederados. The hosts at this point don't have the same flesh and blood as us, and have more machine parts. The town buried by sand is actually buried by sand. There isn't much in this time period that isn't William and Dolores.

35 years ago - Arnold and Dolores meeting in the basement. At some point Dolores massacres the town which later becomes buried by sand.