The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, supposedly. Jonathan Nolan was being interviewed somewhere....I think EW....and he let it slip that they're hosts. But people claim the original article was edited to remove the spoiler. So take it with a grain of salt.

One thing this last ep that made me :jbhmm: was Maeve said "it seems your friend has more compassion than you"....I don't know if she meant that as he's a kinder person, or if she seen some info about their host stats when she had the tablet.

Fred.
With that said, yeah I'm going to have to see how they handle the writing here going forward. Hopefully the Maeve storyline wraps up nicely. I would hate for Thandie's great performance to be marred by shytty writing at the climax of the season.

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
There's no way Ford doesn't know what's going on with Maeve. If he has let her continue her efforts to escape and gather more hosts, I wonder if it's because it doesn't matter to him. Like his new storyline will render everything that's happening meaningless :patrice:

I still have no clue why Ford let the MiB have a free pass on the park and chase the maze. Even if he's a billionaire and paid for that kind of access, he serves no purpose to Westworld besides wrecking havoc among some hosts....maybe Ford sees him as the key to finding out what Arnold's plan were (or are)? :mmmmm:

Rewatched it and it sure as hell looks like Bernard was choking Elsie when he had that flashback after asking Ford if he had killed anyone before :mjcry:
I think it goes back to the ep when Ford and MiB were conversing at the table - MiB told Ford he saved the park. I don't think it was financially though - that may be some part of it but I also think it's to do with the previous William x Dolores timeline. Arnold has sent Dolores on the maze mission and obviously it failed because Dolores is still in the loop and park is still standing. I think William/MiB thwarts Dolores from achieving her mission to the centre of the maze thereby 'saving the park' which is what MiB is refering to when he was having the convo with Ford

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So Elsie disappears off the face of the Earth an no one has asked about her or is searching for her?

They asked about her this ep. People been trying to contact her and she hasn't responded.

When she disappeared they logged into the system and put that she took some time off so that's why there's not a big hunt for her yet.

Fred.

Jards

All Star
Daps
this whole shyt with maeve amd the 2 techs is pissing me off and making me feel like they're playing us for dumb. these guys have had absolutely no reason to do any of what she has demanded. she has zero leverage and they've had multiple opportunities to shut her shyt down. Now despite them actually deciding to help her, there is no way that at a corporati like this that they would be able to pull it off. Someone higher up would've realized that hey, maeve is getting tampered with and taken her in for troubleshooting. Also, how are they always the ones who fix her when she comes in. How are they in there talking to her and letting her move about and touch shyt from the tablet, to the blades, to anything, and no one fukking notices? How are they able to walk with her up he escalators to see everything then take her to get rebooted this most recent episode with no oe noticing. This is the type of place that would have cameras everywhere yet I'm supposed to believe that no one notices the fukkery that is abounding with her and the techs? shyt is giving me a real bad imrpession of the show despite everything else that is happening. Really poor writing/plot device.
I said this shyt in the thread when Felix bytch ass first was doing every thing she told them to do. It just seemed like a cheap way to move the story forward. And didn't she say Felix has now overriden her controls so she can now catch bodies? WTF is this idiot doing that for? :martin:

Felix is the W.O.A.T character on this show at this point due to sheer ridiculousness. Dolores is 2nd behind because her story has been trash and the fact that Hopkins, Harris and Wright are killing it is really exposing how non interesting her arc is - like I said previously I hope her pay off is spectacular. The Maeve storyline is being hampered by Felix although I do like the fact that she now has the permissions to control the hosts - some next level fukkery is about to happen.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Yeah, supposedly. Jonathan Nolan was being interviewed somewhere....I think EW....and he let it slip that they're hosts. But people claim the original article was edited to remove the spoiler. So take it with a grain of salt.

One thing this last ep that made me :jbhmm: was Maeve said "it seems your friend has more compassion than you"....I don't know if she meant that as he's a kinder person, or if she seen some info about their host stats when she had the tablet.

Fred.
I feel that still doesn't explain why their doing everything she says though - if they're hosts I'd think they'd be pretty rigid in sticking to the tasks they've been programmed to do - not 'improvise' and take hosts for a walk around the facility at their request. Even if they're hosts they seem to know they're higher up the chain than her - them doing what she says doesn't make sense unless they're part of a storyline.

The only way I'd buy this shyt is if someone else has been pulling the strings for that arc the whole time which is kind of hinted at when the techs found Maeve's controls have been tampered with. Similar to Bernard where we thought he was investigating shyt of his own free will but the whole time he was a host and Ford was in control of him. If these techs are hosts then someone has to be controlling them otherwise it's bad writing for them to be improvising and doing shyt of they're own accord.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think it goes back to the ep when Ford and MiB were conversing at the table - MiB told Ford he saved the park. I don't think it was financially though - that may be some part of it but I also think it's to do with the previous William x Dolores timeline. Arnold has sent Dolores on the maze mission and obviously it failed because Dolores is still in the loop and park is still standing. I think William/MiB thwarts Dolores from achieving her mission to the centre of the maze thereby 'saving the park' which is what MiB is refering to when he was having the convo with Ford

That would explain the all access pass and why MiB knows about the maze :ehh:

Ford being :manny: about MiB himself going after the maze is still a question though. Maybe Ford wants to know what Arnold was up to after all these years :patrice:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel that still doesn't explain why their doing everything she says though - if they're hosts I'd think they'd be pretty rigid in sticking to the tasks they've been programmed to do - not 'improvise' and take hosts for a walk around the facility at their request. Even if they're hosts they seem to know they're higher up the chain than her - them doing what she says doesn't make sense unless they're part of a storyline.

The only way I'd buy this shyt is if someone else has been pulling the strings for that arc the whole time which is kind of hinted at when the techs found Maeve's controls have been tampered with. Similar to Bernard where we thought he was investigating shyt of his own free will but the whole time he was a host and Ford was in control of him. If these techs are hosts then someone has to be controlling them otherwise it's bad writing for them to be improvising and doing shyt of they're own accord.

Well if they are hosts and a 3rd party is fukking with them (IE, Maeve) then nobody would have to control them directly. It would be as simple as lowering their Stats to make them easier to manipulate.

Or, like you said, making them think they're part of a story line.

Fred.

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
Well if they are hosts and a 3rd party is fukking with them (IE, Maeve) then nobody would have to control them directly. It would be as simple as lowering their Stats to make them easier to manipulate.

Or, like you said, making them think they're part of a story line.[/spoilers]

Fred.
That could work in that the same person/people fukking with Maeve's stats are fukking with their stats too.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Do we have a general agreement here or at least a strong consider that Ford actually may WANT the hosts to get "out of control"? Or is he pinning this "fault" on Arnold's fukkery?

Of course the concept of "control" with Ford is gonna be just a wider "pen" he can corral them into.

It does seem that Ford's new storyline somehow depends on the hosts getting out of control. My question is, does he want them to go out of control for his own ends, or is it some kind of trap to catch "Arnold" and rid the park of the entity that is rivaling his god-hood?

I can 't figure out if Ford's goal might simply be to preserve the status quo of being the unrivaled God of his own little universe.

Ford might end up being some kind of anti-hero. Maybe both Delos' and Arnold's plans would independently lead to an AI revolution that ends up in a Terminator or Matrix future, and Ford is willing to kill to keep self-aware AI from getting into the wrong hands.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So, here's an idea about who Ford is creating in his secret lab: himself. I know it sounds crazy, but maybe he's dying? Maybe he's actually facilitating the recent uprising, trying to see how aware the robots can really be, preparing his own 'self' for the future. Let the robots take over, and ensuring that with his host in place, he can still be in 'control'.

A stretch, yes, but dude is such an egomaniac, that anything is possible.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, here's an idea about who Ford is creating in his secret lab: himself. I know it sounds crazy, but maybe he's dying? Maybe he's actually facilitating the recent uprising, trying to see how aware the robots can really be, preparing his own 'self' for the future. Let the robots take over, and ensuring that with his host in place, he can still be in 'control'.

A stretch, yes, but dude is such an egomaniac, that anything is possible.

Ford definately is controlling all the strings and gotta be hiding what them dimwits are doing with thandie because this episode when she was going away from the bar they caught on too it mad quick and u see how he easily cleaned up 2 murders. I think he finally cracked like arnold and is trying to figure out how he achieved his "ghost in the machine" influence over some of these hosts possibly to replicate it himself.

He tells bernard they are no different so it must hurt him that he can die while they can loop in a story forever