The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Has @hex dropped thoughts on last night's ep yet?

BTW this show has spoiled me so much that I threw in the towel on TWD. I gutted it through the 2nd episode of this season but I haven't watched any of the 3 recent episodes and don't plan to.

There's too much high caliber stuff out there to watch, and not enough free time.

Sorry, Walking Dead. They finally lost me entirely.

:whoa:

Haven't watched it yet, about to right after I eat.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
What's more confusing is that maeve ask the mechanics who is Arnold? She might be an original build that Arnold created before he died.

"Arnold" is constantly in their heads talking to them. So she doesn't have to be an original. Then again...they can't tell the difference between memories and the present day... :ohhh:

Side note the dialogue between Dr. Ford and Bernard on what makes him different from humans was eye opening. Are you following a storyline like the host? or are you trying to create your own like Maeve? there is levels to this maze.

The messed up thing is that Ford is basically admitting that real humans are no more "alive" than the hosts. So, if he thinks he's qualified to be a god to the hosts, then he probably thinks he's equally qualified to be a god over real humans.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
shyt dude. I was a philosophy major and the Chinese room was bugged out. Nostalgia trip here.

I wasn't a philosophy major but I did take a lot of philosophy classes and Philosophy of Mind was probably one of my favorites.

The quest for Artificial Intelligence is really a quest to understand consciousness and what it means to be a sentient being.

Some would argue that AI and machines are just the next evolutionary step for consciousness, which they describe as self-aware and sentient electrochemical signals and patterns.