The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally watched the ep.

I've loved every ep up until this one, but I'll reserve judgement on this one until the season is over. That Maeve story line is kinda going off the rails. I can over look a lot of unrealistic shyt in a TV show but they're breezing over too much stuff in her arc....from the two techs listening to her for no apparent reason, to there seemingly being no cameras anywhere in the building, to her slashing the tech and leaving blood all over the place, and (as of the end of this ep, anyway) nobody seems to notice. They didn't even show how that was resolved, the next scene with her she's back in town.

I have read the spoiler about what's going on with her and the two techs....if that's the case they need to clarify that ASAP and also explain a few other things I outlined. As of right now I'm not gonna hold this ep against the show because there has been a few series where an episode had me :patrice:until subsequent eps cleaned it up a bit. The rest of the show is written pretty tightly so for now I'll give them a pass for the Maeve stuff.

Fred.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
:whew: Felt like alot happened this episode....

So Bernard a host but he was so emotional about Teresa.... Is that a good or bad thing?

Finally got a good back story on the MIB, seems like the Park messed him up so much internally that he rather be there than the real world. It's crazy how all the hosts are starting to remember specifically what he did to them around the same time...

My girl Maeve leveled up :wow: bout to start her own army and shid....

I know alot people have a hard time with understanding why the techs aren't stopping her but it seems pretty obvious that Felix doesn't want to stop her. He seems to be intrigued and enchanted by her so why would he want to shut her down? So he can go back to being a bottom level tech?

The tough part to me is keeping up with Dolores, it's feels like she is in like 3 timelines. Before the park started, 30 years ago, and the present. I just assume anytime they show her alone it's the present. But hopefully that will be cleared up soon.

Either way, im all the way in. This show pretty much made me throw The Walking Dead in the bushes. The acting and writing is so much better... And even though I only got 1 like for this tweet, it's the only like that matters :obama:

View media item 11018

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know alot people have a hard time with understanding why the techs aren't stopping her but it seems pretty obvious that Felix doesn't want to stop her. He seems to be intrigued and enchanted by her so why would he want to shut her down? So he can go back to being a bottom level tech?

I have less of a problem with them helping her, than how they're doing all this shyt and nobody notices. If they resolve the latter, I'll give the former a pass.

Fred.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I have less of a problem with them helping her, than how they're doing all this shyt and nobody notices. If they resolve the latter, I'll give the former a pass.

Fred.

I feel that.....

I had a problem with both the tour and when he took her to see Clem getting decommissioned. I would think someone would have had questions or issues with a tech just walking around with a host like that

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I feel that.....

I had a problem with both the tour and when he took her to see Clem getting decommissioned. I would think someone would have had questions or issues with a tech just walking around with a host like that

Not only this, but the issue about low level access needs to be mentioned. Why do low level employees have access to the code base and to make changes in production without higher approval?

As a programmer now, I can't add an extra space to a line of code in production without going through a ton of paper work and bureaucracy to do it.

The show spent the first few episodes laying out the groundwork about how secure the place was, and how they were always watching and being notified of issues. All conveniently disregarded for this part of the story.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Do we have a general agreement here or at least a strong consider that Ford actually may WANT the hosts to get "out of control"? Or is he pinning this "fault" on Arnold's fukkery?

Of course the concept of "control" with Ford is gonna be just a wider "pen" he can corral them into.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Poor Felix he wants Maeve so bad that he is unintentionally creating a monster and she is gonna end up cucking him with Hector
So why is he doing this?
No human could be so stupid
So what if he isn't human?
If Bernard is a host then you potentially have a situation where Ford is replacing everyone with Hosts and facilitating a crazy breakout to push arnold's vision of westworld and take the park from delos

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I feel that.....

on top of that, they are walking maeve around fully dressed, when EVERY other host (not bernard) is out there stark naked.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Not finished ep 8 yet but Jeffrey Wright and Anthony Hopkins are putting on an acting masterclass - some of the best acting on TV this year.

Dolores storyline can get the fukk outta here though - give no fukks about what she's on. Pay off better be good.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He seems to be intrigued and enchanted by her so why would he want to shut her down? So he can go back to being a bottom level tech?

Yup... Its just that simple..... Maeve is sentient and can read people, even when she was a level 14. She just read Felix..... that's why the show put Felix's ambitions out there when he was trying to fix the code on the bird

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Finally watched the ep.

I've loved every ep up until this one, but I'll reserve judgement on this one until the season is over. That Maeve story line is kinda going off the rails. I can over look a lot of unrealistic shyt in a TV show but they're breezing over too much stuff in her arc....from the two techs listening to her for no apparent reason, to there seemingly being no cameras anywhere in the building, to her slashing the tech and leaving blood all over the place, and (as of the end of this ep, anyway) nobody seems to notice. They didn't even show how that was resolved, the next scene with her she's back in town.

I have read the spoiler about what's going on with her and the two techs....if that's the case they need to clarify that ASAP and also explain a few other things I outlined. As of right now I'm not gonna hold this ep against the show because there has been a few series where an episode had me :patrice:until subsequent eps cleaned it up a bit. The rest of the show is written pretty tightly so for now I'll give them a pass for the Maeve stuff.

Fred.

About the spoiler

Are they hosts?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
About the spoiler

Are they hosts?

Yeah, supposedly. Jonathan Nolan was being interviewed somewhere....I think EW....and he let it slip that they're hosts. But people claim the original article was edited to remove the spoiler. So take it with a grain of salt.

One thing this last ep that made me :jbhmm: was Maeve said "it seems your friend has more compassion than you"....I don't know if she meant that as he's a kinder person, or if she seen some info about their host stats when she had the tablet.

Fred.