The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
They gonna find the center of the maze and its gonna be Al Swearingin from Deadwood playing solitaire :russ:

giphy.gif

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Ford is what's stopping them. He keeps the data in the park and nowhere else so they can't duplicate his work without him. I'm sure he has safeguards in place to prevent using the hosts to steal data. The one guy that got lost trying then bashed his head in may not have been accidental. It may have been following a hidden protocol that was made to look accidental to not tip off whoever was trying to steal data.

They could be trying to steal something from Ford that Ford doesn't even have.

Part of me wonders if Ford might be using trickery to give the impression that he has more power than he really has. The latest episode implied that Arnold was the only one who REALLY knew how the code worked. Ford might not even know how to create a brand new AI at all, just how to copy Arnold's existing designs and keep repurposing the same ones in different roles.

When Lee wanted to create his new plot line, they mentioned that they would have to pull some old hosts out of their loops to put them on the new narrative. Maybe all Ford can do is create new robot bodies and give them wiped/reprogrammed personalities that were created by Arnold?

If Bernard was designed to look like Arnold, maybe Arnold's goal was to become immortal by transferring his mind from his physical body into his OWN duplicate robot. But Ford somehow messed with Arnold's plans and left his mind trapped in a computer. Then he reprogrammed the Arnold replica robot with the "Bernard" personality and kept it around.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just rewatched episode 3....It tells me Bernard = Arnold :wow: the signs are right there :wow:...shyt seem so clear now
I thought this was pretty obvious

same way it was obvious all the staff are robots

same way its obvious this mixed girl who was having sex in episode 7 is a robot,

same way its obvious its two timelines

this show is just obvious

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This Episode at the end Brehs..... had me like:

tumblr_inline_o9hki8yUls1t4lbyh_500.gif

:deadrose:

I had a feeling the minute he said "what door?" And the minute he said it doesnt look like anything to me... :mjcry: He's a host...

Then you got maeve trying to escape the park on some T-850 escape from LA type of shyt. :mjlol:

I also think the board's dire interest in the coding information well at least to me is either True A.I. or something to do with making Warmachines.... :yeshrug: I mean Ford's code is on the cusp of it but he's not gonna let them take it and it's too valuable to destroy. He said he built the entire park so he is essentially god...

Poor Teresa, what a waste of a Milf... :francis:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So evidently Nolan dropped a spoiler in an Entertainment Weekly interview. I looked up the interview and it seems to have been edited.

Don't click if you don't want to know something about Maeve
He said Felix and Sylvester are both hosts and that's why Maeve can easily manipulate them. The interview now says "Just wait for episode 8" in response to a question about the 2 techs

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Its right in front of you... Arnold is the piano.

Don't forget, its a robot... Automated, playing its little song by itself with nobody pressing the keys.
Its an old looking piano. No need to be dragged in for updates or messed with like the hosts.
That same old piano has probably been there since the park opened.

:ohhh:

There would be no reason to replace it or reprogram it. Only fix it if it broke. Who would even bother to check the code on it?
As long as the song works they'd ignore it.

:mindblown:

This would be :russ::ohhh::merchant::mindblown::wtf:

I stared too deep into the Mr. Robot abyss this year. Lord forgive me - this isn't really that nuts :ehh:

Sam Esmail reading this theory like

"Challenge accepted :mjgrin:"

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Hey, what kind of dog did young Anthony Hopkins have as a boy? Was it a St Bernard?
I can't remember. That would be a great parallel...