The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to suspect Delos doesn't give a fukk what Ford does, or what happens at the park, as long as the hosts keep becoming more advanced. In the first (or maybe 2nd) ep Theresa said Delos interests go far beyond the park. Like @Norrin Radd mentioned Charlotte said it again this ep.

So I don't think it's a matter of Ford stopping them, I think it's a matter of (so far at least) they're letting him run wild to further their own goals.

Fred.

They want things to get more advanced but they also want to replicate the tech outside the park and can't, that's why Theresa was stealing code. They let him do whatever he wants because if they stop him they lose all his work since he controls everything, literally, and can shut it all down in an instant. Since that would be a waste of everything they invested they leave him to his own devices while making plans to get rid of him while keeping his work. If they ever beat him that thing you're worried about with people being replaced will be possible, right now they can't create hosts outside the park and Ford controls all the hosts made inside the park.

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
Watched the latest ep. last night and that twist got me good brehs :whew: Haven't been keeping up with all the speculation but I didn't see it coming from a mile away.

My biggest criticism of the show was I thought Bernard was too restrained and low key to be the lead protagonist but now I see that was all part of the plan and this put it into context nicely. Kind of eerie watching earlier scenes knowing he was a host all along. Jeffrey Wright with another example of how to use subtlety to nail a performance. :salute:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I mean....you're right but that's what happens when you try to play God.
idunnobreh_zpsp8pdlvdt.png

Side note, people are so
dog_zpskykbk16u.png
over Bernard being a host that the bigger picture is being over looked....if Ford can make a host that believable, that can pretend to be human for years with nobody suspecting it....then what's to stop Delos from replacing, let's say the President Of The United States? Or anybody in any position of power in the world?

Fred.
Man...

This episode, especially the look on Bernard's face, had me questioning whether the show Westworld is just a subtle revelation to the Human Race that we are just as fake...on some computer simulation in simulation-esque shyt.

Imagine right now finding out we are not only not created by some omnipotent entity... not only are we and our world just an accident...but we and our world is a game or program that will shut down when some dude is bored.

Spooky.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Its right in front of you... Arnold is the piano.

Don't forget, its a robot... Automated, playing its little song by itself with nobody pressing the keys.
Its an old looking piano. No need to be dragged in for updates or messed with like the hosts.
That same old piano has probably been there since the park opened.

:ohhh:

There would be no reason to replace it or reprogram it. Only fix it if it broke. Who would even bother to check the code on it?
As long as the song works they'd ignore it.

:mindblown:

I don't think so. When Ford was at the bar with MIB. When ge left he sped up the piano. So he has control over it

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I mean....you're right but that's what happens when you try to play God.
idunnobreh_zpsp8pdlvdt.png

Side note, people are so
dog_zpskykbk16u.png
over Bernard being a host that the bigger picture is being over looked....if Ford can make a host that believable, that can pretend to be human for years with nobody suspecting it....then what's to stop Delos from replacing, let's say the President Of The United States? Or anybody in any position of power in the world?

Fred.

I think the robot that was being built in the beta room is a Teressa model... :lupe:
Anthony Hopkins knew he was gonna off her at least since she had the meeting with the black chick, and they said the beta room takes a few days to make a host. So that host was being worked on prior to the fake host test that management put on. So he started making it like about the time of the 'blood sacrafice' meeting in the hotel room.

Hes gonna invasion of the bodysnatcher her and just replace her.
Now Robo-Bernard gonna be fukking another bot and neither is gonna know.
:ohlawd:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I don't think so. When Ford was at the bar with MIB. When ge left he sped up the piano. So he has control over it
Maybe... but maybe it stopped playing on its own.
Same way the black brothel madam pretended to freeze when the techs walked in.

:pachaha:

Remember, the piano is promenantly featured in the opening show intro each episode... :ohhh:
They show a little man rise up from it. :umad: Watch...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:stopitslime:

:ohhh:thats a great point.

:sas1: JJ Abrams is an executive producer of this show
Dk0HzIu.png

:dwillhuh::patrice:

Please, JJ. Don't fukk up a great thing.

I'm not even against it as long as they do it right. I just don't want it to be goofy. I'm actually starting to believe it's possible. I was in the camp of one timeline but now I'm not so sure.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Its right in front of you... Arnold is the piano.

Don't forget, its a robot... Automated, playing its little song by itself with nobody pressing the keys.
Its an old looking piano. No need to be dragged in for updates or messed with like the hosts.
That same old piano has probably been there since the park opened.

:ohhh:

There would be no reason to replace it or reprogram it. Only fix it if it broke. Who would even bother to check the code on it?
As long as the song works they'd ignore it.

:mindblown:

:wtf: breh this kinda makes sense