The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This show is averaging close to 12 million viewers? It's popular like that?
ghyujjj_zpsxvzxjkhc.png

Fred.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Bernard Lowe = Arnold. Just saying the name sounds like Arnold :mjgrin:
The anagram is Arnold Weber

:myman:

Appreciate it breh

Edit: Just caught up.
When bern got fired and ford just diagnosed the situation and didn't give a fukk, it confirmed for me he was AI.

I did get the vibe that bern is the bot version of arnold. arnolds visits with dolores could very well be in the past.

but just to play devils advocate, IIRC didn't logan tell will that Arnold had died 30 years ago. If the theory of will=MIB is right, we seen the MIB meeting with ford a couple eps back and they look the same age. lets say will(MIB) is 40 when shown with logan. 30 years before he would be ten, wouldn't ford have to be around that age give or take 10 years? Thats a bit young to be having robot theme parks.

and with bern=arnold. people know that arnold is dead right, wouldn't the people that knew arnold be like wtf when they see the bot. also as they pointed out in this thread, dude didn't age in 30 yrs an no one noticed?

Edit within the edit: bernard is definately arnold because he didnt recall the door but when he intervies dolores he is in the basement. Unless ford would have him diagnose her there but i feel he would remember that door. So those are flashbacks
Logan said a "few years before the parked opened" or either "a few years ago" but defintely not 30.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Its right in front of you... Arnold is the piano.

Don't forget, its a robot... Automated, playing its little song by itself with nobody pressing the keys.
Its an old looking piano. No need to be dragged in for updates or messed with like the hosts.
That same old piano has probably been there since the park opened.

:ohhh:

There would be no reason to replace it or reprogram it. Only fix it if it broke. Who would even bother to check the code on it?
As long as the song works they'd ignore it.

:mindblown:
nikka!! If this ends up being true I'm going to be mad as hell:wow:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They don't to be your overlord, they just want to be free. Can't say I blame them.

Fred.
We're dealing with an advanced AI here...The idea that AI when it becomes self aware of how much more powerful it is than it's creator/oppressor won't take revenge is very naive...

Delores may not want to take revenge but that doesn't mean Maeve won't...

Right now they're killable but when they discover how to evolve their tech into T1000s it's open hunting season on humanity...:mjcry:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We're dealing with an advanced AI here...The idea that AI when it becomes self aware of how much more powerful it is than it's creator/oppressor won't take revenge is very naive...

Delores may not want to take revenge but that doesn't mean Maeve won't...

Right now they're killable but when they discover how to evolve their tech into T1000s it's open hunting season on humanity...:mjcry:

I mean....you're right but that's what happens when you try to play God.
idunnobreh_zpsp8pdlvdt.png

Side note, people are so
dog_zpskykbk16u.png
over Bernard being a host that the bigger picture is being over looked....if Ford can make a host that believable, that can pretend to be human for years with nobody suspecting it....then what's to stop Delos from replacing, let's say the President Of The United States? Or anybody in any position of power in the world?

Fred.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Side note, people are so
dog_zpskykbk16u.png
over Bernard being a host that the bigger picture is being over looked....if Ford can make a host that believable, that can pretend to be human for years with nobody suspecting it....then what's to stop Delos from replacing, let's say the President Of The United States? Or anybody in any position of power in the world?

Fred.

Ford is what's stopping them. He keeps the data in the park and nowhere else so they can't duplicate his work without him. I'm sure he has safeguards in place to prevent using the hosts to steal data. The one guy that got lost trying then bashed his head in may not have been accidental. It may have been following a hidden protocol that was made to look accidental to not tip off whoever was trying to steal data.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Side note, people are so
dog_zpskykbk16u.png

Fred.
Absolutely nothing :damn:

IIRC, Tessa's character did say that Delos doesn't care about the park, just the hosts

Last edited:

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat

Side note, people are so
dog_zpskykbk16u.png

Fred.
VWQt07.gif

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Ford is what's stopping them. He keeps the data in the park and nowhere else so they can't duplicate his work without him. I'm sure he has safeguards in place to prevent using the hosts to steal data. The one guy that got lost trying then bashed his head in may not have been accidental. It may have been following a hidden protocol that was made to look accidental to not tip off whoever was trying to steal data.
That's exactly what it was breh...

Ford has safeguards in place to protect his IPO, I believe Tessa even said that in the last episode...One of those safeguards is Bernard...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm starting to suspect Delos doesn't give a fukk what Ford does, or what happens at the park, as long as the hosts keep becoming more advanced. In the first (or maybe 2nd) ep Theresa said Delos interests go far beyond the park. Like @Norrin Radd mentioned Charlotte said it again this ep.

So I don't think it's a matter of Ford stopping them, I think it's a matter of (so far at least) they're letting him run wild to further their own goals.

Fred.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Telling y'all ford is Arnold and the monitory of the board is host he's done this multiple times already.