The Official "Westworld" Season 1 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
About the blood sacrifice thing, I believe that was Ford showing Theresa that he has access to the hosts memories and that even when they're powered down they still record what's going on around them.

Charlotte was clearly referring to someone taking the fall for problems with the hosts, not a literal sacrifice. Ford was being flat out menacing and displaying to Theresa that he knows everything that goes on in Westworld before having her killed.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
About the blood sacrifice thing, I believe that was Ford showing Theresa that he has access to the hosts memories and that even when they're powered down they still record what's going on around them.

Charlotte was clearly referring to someone taking the fall for problems with the hosts, not a literal sacrifice. Ford was being flat out menacing and displaying to Theresa that he knows everything that goes on in Westworld before having her killed.

Much like God, Ford is always watching and Theresa :ufdup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Charlotte was talking about Ford but Bernard took the fall for him.

Or it's possible Charlotte was talking about Theresa.:jbhmm:

Anyway, Clementine (the host that spazzed during the presentation on Sunday) is no longer on the show. They retired her.

Fred.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Charlotte was talking about Ford but Bernard took the fall for him.

Or it's possible Charlotte was talking about Theresa.:jbhmm:

Anyway, Clementine (the host that spazzed during the presentation on Sunday) is no longer on the show. They retired her.

Fred.
Absolutely her target was Ford. She made that clear when she was telling Theresa about asking him politely to resign. That's why gave Bernard that out when she asked if someone else was culpable for the mistake besides him and shot her eyes at Ford. When Bernard fell on the sword she had no logical reason to ask Ford to resign. I don't think Theresa was ever her target.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely her target was Ford. She made that clear when she was telling Theresa about asking him politely to resign. That's why gave Bernard that out when she asked if someone else was culpable for the mistake besides him and shot her eyes at Ford. When Bernard fell on the sword she had no logical reason to ask Ford to resign. I don't think Theresa was ever her target.

I agree but I'm still entertaining the idea that Delos is aware of what Ford is doing, and culpable to a certain extent as long as he gets results. The way he words certain things about Delos makes me curious.

Fred.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I agree but I'm still entertaining the idea that Delos is aware of what Ford is doing, and culpable to a certain extent as long as he gets results. The way he words certain things about Delos makes me curious.

Fred.
Right, I think they're content to let him keep doing what he wants until they achieve their goal of obtaining the knowledge necessary for advancing their ultimate goal of whatever is they want the tech for on the outside.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The common theory is Bernard is Arnold. Or, he's meant to look like Arnold, I mean.

This is why earlier in the thread I said don't watch the promos for this show. For some odd reason instead of showing things from the next ep they show things from the whole rest of the season mixed in with the next ep. I've seen a lot of scenes from the last 3 eps I wish I hadn't.

Fred.
Yeah, I'm always sure to turn it off before previews come on for any show I'm invested in

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Such a good show been meaning to post here for minute, only one thing I haven't been able to to get yet

How do regular people travel from the normal world to West world? I seen that mini scale of the world so I thought some miniaturization was happening but this last episode i saw them take that elevator

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Such a good show been meaning to post here for minute, only one thing I haven't been able to to get yet

How do regular people travel from the normal world to West world? I seen that mini scale of the world so I thought some miniaturization was happening but this last episode i saw them take that elevator

They showed it in the second ep. You arrive at the Delos facility via subway, get dressed up, and walk to the car of the old school train. An elevator takes the car to the surface where it attaches to the rest of the train, and goes into Westworld.

Side note, and this is more about the thread in general....I see people asking why the lower levels of Delos look like some horror movie shyt....just read an interview that says they're the oldest levels. Delos is basically built like an inverted skyscraper....the bottom levels are the first ones they built. That's why they throw random shyt like malfunctioning hosts down there.

Fred.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They showed it in the second ep. You arrive at the Delos facility via subway, get dressed up, and walk to the car of the old school train. An elevator takes the car to the surface where it attaches to the rest of the train, and goes into Westworld.

Side note, and this is more about the thread in general....I see people asking why the lower levels of Delos look like some horror movie shyt....just read an interview that says they're the oldest levels. Delos is basically built like an inverted skyscraper....the bottom levels are the first ones they built. That's why they throw random shyt like malfunctioning hosts down there.

Fred.

Ya i remember that but is west world a actual part of the real world so to say?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, definitely. What that world is, who knows? It might not even be on Earth.

Fred.

Real interested in what this turns out to be. "Decompression" has been mentioned, as well as a "cycle" in reference to a period of time.

Off the Earth? Earth with a fukked-up atmosphere or something? :lupe:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Real interested in what this turns out to be. "Decompression" has been mentioned, as well as a "cycle" in reference to a period of time.

Off the Earth? Earth with a fukked-up atmosphere or something? :lupe:

They might not even get into all that until much later. This is going for 4-5 seasons and with the ratings it's getting there's basically zero chance it gets cancelled.

Fred.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at

Fred.

They know. right before Ford had Benard kill Theresa, ford told her that Delos has been doing this for a while. Said it was her turn to be the sacrifice