The official ‘Tory Lanez vs Megan Thee Stallion’ trial thread.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, that isn't what you said.
"The legal definition is when you use some random comment to verify a claim with no evidence."

"Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered to prove the truth of whatever it asserts. "

Yes it is

:gucci:

Maybe you just lack reading comprehension

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Realistically speaking, the bodyguard didnt do the shooting

So doesn't that only leave Tory and ol girl? And who's gun was it ownership-wise?

tory and the friend both had gun shot residue on they hands... to me that made it plausible there was a struggle for the gun. That's a problem for meg and the prosecutors. You need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tory had the gun out and aimed at Meg.

Maybe a jury sees it differently.. but all that combined w/ Meg's lies could be a problem. Doesn't seem open and shut

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A small nikka whose skinny and doesnt work out having an absurd power advantage over bigger, taller women? :hubie:

Not to mention a trained professional bodyguard there observing it all not stepping in to stop it? :hubie:

I'm not saying you right or wrong :hubie:
Lol when I say our strength over women is absurd I mean that shyt. Megan's size means jack shyt. Tory probably isn't as strong as me, but I'm willing to bet he's still stronger than Megan.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
"The legal definition is when you use some random comment to verify a claim with no evidence."

"Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered to prove the truth of whatever it asserts. "

Yes it is

:gucci:

Maybe you just lack reading comprehension
No, I don't lack reading comprehension.

There are 3 components to hearsay:

1) A statement.

2) Said statement being made outside of court.

3) Said statement being relied upon to prove the truth of a stated matter.

The above is not reflected in your claim that "hearsay is random comments made to verify a claim without evidence". You're moving into the exceptions and admissibility territory.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, I don't lack reading comprehension.

There are 3 components to hearsay:

1) A statement.

2) Said statement being made outside of court.

3) Said statement being relied upon to prove the truth of a stated matter.

The above is not reflected in your claim that "hearsay is random comments made to verify a claim without evidence". You're moving into the exceptions and admissibility territory.
Yes my post does meet those three components.

I think you're just slow and got confused because I didn't specify using a random comment IN COURT to prove a claim is hearsay, which should be obvious if we're talking legal definitions.

Or maybe it's my use of "comment" instead of "statement".

Either way, the definition I came up with based off my understanding of how the term is used was close enough to the legal definition.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
because she is a dumb alcoholic and the female empowerment shyt is good for her career

shyt she dropped a song about being shot like she was a female empowerment tupac weeks later :mjlol:
So she got shot by somebody else and created this huge lie, to get female empowerment points? :what:

And the ex-friend is gonna say the same thing, even though they ain't cool anymore?:wtf:

The "I'll give you a million dollars" is a lie too?:childplease:

Sooooo you believe she is SO EVIL that she would make up this lie which could have a drastic effect on the rest of his life, who apparently up until that moment she liked enough to fukk, just to get female empowerment points?:dahell:

Ok.

(I actually don't believe he intended to shoot her. I think that little man complex got the best of him when she said some slick shyt, he wanted to scare her and show he was a tough guy by firing near her, and accidentally shot her in the foot)

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yes my post does meet those three components.

I think you're just slow and got confused because I didn't specify using a random comment IN COURT to prove a claim is hearsay, which should be obvious if we're talking legal definitions.

Or maybe it's my use of "comment" instead of "statement".

Either way, the definition I came up with based off my understanding of how the term is used was close enough to the legal definition.

No, it doesn't meet the 3 components.

You're focusing on elements that come up after hearsay has been established. Whether or not it admissible due to any exceptions and its relevance to the proceedings.

You can't seem to grasp that when defining hearsay, "randomness" is not one of the criteria. It is simply a statement made outside of court, repeated at trial to prove the truth of a matter.

"Close enough" to the legal definition doesn't cut it.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Wait wasn’t there a bodyguard there who witnessed this? Is he gonna testify?