The official ‘Tory Lanez vs Megan Thee Stallion’ trial thread.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
the trial is tory lanez v. the state lmao

watching all of this and seeing how anyone with any sense (or legal knowledge) is convinced of Lanez's innocence is pretty funny
But you don’t have to be convinced of his innocence. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to convince beyond a reasonable doubt that he’s guilty. Those are two different standards. There’s nothing so far but Megan’s word that can say he’s guilty. But her not knowing where Kelsey was, not knowing where in relation to the vehicle Tory was. Her switching the story from stepping on glass originally despite her excuse. I don’t see how there isn’t any reasonable doubt with any of this. There’s no camera footage and the only unbiased 3rd party eyewitnesses claim they saw the girls fighting. And everyone there seemed to be drunk as fukk so none of their recountings imo are credible.

Last edited:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Yea, thats not the way the law works here. He’s innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

They think the actual court of law is like the court of public opinion on Twitter :mjlol:
Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I don't understand how the law works. I didn't even mention anything related to the courtroom

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
the trial is tory lanez v. the state lmao

watching all of this and seeing how anyone with any sense (or legal knowledge) is convinced of Lanez's innocence is pretty funny
In a criminal trial, what is the standard of proof required and whom is it opposed on?

Don't worry, I'll wait :sas1:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I don't understand how the law works. I didn't even mention anything related to the courtroom
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Im just pointing out that you said “if he’s proven innocent” when he has no burden to prove innocence.

Danny Ocean

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe the other shyt but Tory has not benefitted.

It has derailed his career and he had just went independent before this.
He did benefit. No one believes her. He won a lot of public opinion over these past two years. People don’t treat Megan as the victim. Y’all didn’t even beleieve she was shot until Monday 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Of course she benefitted from the publicity as well though.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I think he fired the gun at the ground and she got hit.

He seems dumb enough to do some stupid shyt like that
I think the real story is somewhere along this. Either Tory grabbed the gun and brandished it to scare Megan and Kelsey maybe tried to grab it from him and in that struggle the gun fired. Or it was the opposite and Kelsey grabbed it first and Tory struggled with her with it and then it fired. Those are the only scenarios that make sense to me. They said the shell casings were in random places. The detectives screwed this up because they didn’t gather much of anything on scene. Compare this to the YNW Nelly case where they did all types of geometry to measure the angle of the bullet holes in the car in comparison to where shell casings were found to disprove Melly’s claim of it being a driveby because the bullets had to have originated from inside the vehicle.

• Dap
Reactions: AVO