The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and they'll reward you with a segment on Global News....:francis:

Canadian media is an absolute joke

Walking through the hood with the man who him and his gang are terrorizing their communities

Someone said it earlier and I’m actually surprised there’s not a task force in taking these nikkas down. They’re on IG and YouTube everyday talking about merkin nikkas. You can piece their crimes together :mjlol: that’s how goofy these nikkas are but also shows the cops do absolutely no investigating or you’d easily be able to link this man and his crew to countless shootings and murders. fukk this lil nikka too he soft he just has to have 5 nikkas wit him and a strap to be a tough guy. Would get beat the fukk up

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider

Walking through the hood with the man who him and his gang are terrorizing their communities

Someone said it earlier and I’m actually surprised there’s not a task force in taking these nikkas down. They’re on IG and YouTube everyday talking about merkin nikkas. You can piece their crimes together :mjlol: that’s how goofy these nikkas are but also shows the cops do absolutely no investigating or you’d easily be able to link this man and his crew to countless shootings and murders. fukk this lil nikka too he soft he just has to have 5 nikkas wit him and a strap to be a tough guy. Would get beat the fukk up

I just saw a clip of John Tory saying he's aware of gangs & their social media presence & he hinted that raids may be coming soon....

and you right, Top 5 is literally the poster child for the problem:heh:

that segment was a slap in the face to anyone that's been a victim or had to deal with losing a loved one...:francis:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
and they'll reward you with a segment on Global News....:francis:

The fukked up thing is how white rappers here can be on their murder/gun/pill popping/Eminem meets the Juggalos tip, and nothing happens to them. They live their lives and are drama free. Young black rappers though? Not even. And here's the thing. I've been involved in the scene here for almost 20 years. The ones getting killed are not the ones performing at local venues. They are the YouTube rappers. They get hundreds of thousands of YouTube views, but almost zero local performances. The ones keeping the underground venues open can't crack 5000 views online. And as someone who has a band that backs me when I perform, and I lean towards rock-hip Hop hybrid music, it is hard to get some of these venues to take you serious as a black performer... Post covid Toronto is going to be a dead zone for performing arts though so...

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
The fukked up thing is how white rappers here can be on their murder/gun/pill popping/Eminem meets the Juggalos tip, and nothing happens to them. They live their lives and are drama free. Young black rappers though? Not even. And here's the thing. I've been involved in the scene here for almost 20 years. The ones getting killed are not the ones performing at local venues. They are the YouTube rappers. They get hundreds of thousands of YouTube views, but almost zero local performances. The ones keeping the underground venues open can't crack 5000 views online. And as someone who has a band that backs me when I perform, and I lean towards rock-hip Hop hybrid music, it is hard to get some of these venues to take you serious as a black performer... Post covid Toronto is going to be a dead zone for performing arts though so...
Drill music is a toxic and needs to get banned

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I just saw a clip of John Tory saying he's aware of gangs & their social media presence & he hinted that raids may be coming soon....

and you right, Top 5 is literally the poster child for the problem:heh:

that segment was a slap in the face to anyone that's been a victim or had to deal with losing a loved one...:francis:
All they do is instigate beefs...and members of their dusty crew will drive in other neighborhoods and catch someone "lacking"

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Drill music is a toxic and needs to get banned

We need jobs for young black men that pay. We need affordable housing. We need more black media representatives. More black political representatives. More black performing arts centers. A good example is Canadian TV. Right now we have maybe one TV show with a black lead being produced in Canada. Think about that. We can't tell our own stories. Without our own outlets we rely on American outlets and stories to teach us who we are. We can be multiple generations Canadian and still get pressed and asked where we're from. There isn't one affluent black neighborhood that I can think of. As soon as a neighborhood becomes "black" you see a crazy amount of white flight (See Scarborough in the early 90's). And let's not forget the condescending politicians who refer to after school programs and breakfast clubs as "hug a thug" programs, when they themselves are former drug dealers.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Dude is like 5’2 no one is scared of top 5

Cops don’t care that’s the thing they don’t live in these communities (they all make 100k plus) They don’t shop in those communities and the innocents don’t look like them

and yeah proper detective work and it’s easy all these idiots are on social media and can’t keep quiet.

as I said before city could easily lower the crime rate it’s happening in the same areas for years . You can literally outfit all of metro housing with cctv high quality cameras and cameras on every street light fixture in high crime areas. Thus you’d be able to easily get High quality images of suspsects and their license plates

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
get on youtube, don't diss other rappers.

truth be told a lot of these guys are looking for an identity. they'll take on street thug because it's all in the media they consume and the lifestyles that are reflected to them in their neighbourhoods. to some of them being a man in a poor neighbourhood means killing without thought, staying high, selling dope and pimpin' with no plan for an exit. that last part - no plan for an exit is important.

you see if you're planning an exit, you WILL NOT hold on to the toxic behaviour patterns as a way of life because you understand they're for survival in that environment alone (if your environment is that treacherous at all).

good luck to the wild ass youths and the old devils that feed the evil behaviours with rewards.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cops don’t care that’s the thing they don’t live in these communities (they all make 100k plus) They don’t shop in those communities and the innocents don’t look like them

and yeah proper detective work and it’s easy all these idiots are on social media and can’t keep quiet.

as I said before city could easily lower the crime rate it’s happening in the same areas for years . You can literally outfit all of metro housing with cctv high quality cameras and cameras on every street light fixture in high crime areas. Thus you’d be able to easily get High quality images of suspsects and their license plates

Breh cops would have to do 1 raid and they’d be guaranteed to get guns (possible murder weapons cause these nikkas are stupid) all of their cell phones which is guaranteed to have incriminating evidence and the ability to match with cell towers to track their locations and pin point them to the crimes. Would literally be that easy :francis: And like you said with the cameras, I’d guarantee you that would cost less than a million dollars to do that in all TCH communities (which would be tax payer money) but they refuse.

Like you said tho it’s the embedded racism in Canadian society and since we like to tote our horn as this multicultural mosaic and compare our every move to America, we can always say “well it’s not like it is down in the states! It’s way worse there” and we do nothing. The only people who suffer are the people who look like me and you and we suffer silently because we have no media representation here to be our voice or tell the true stories of our lives as black Canadians.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps

stolen vehicles breh....the crux of the issue is identity...these nikkas don't know who they wanna be frfr. if they knnew they could make money properly and live good doing a trade, they would. the opportunities just aren't made viable for them.

also, some of these dude genuinely are looking to score "man" points by doing dirt so people can revere & respect them. some may have had their pride hurt at one point and been on a tear since, others are genuinely lost souls tryna find a place in the world, some are authentically sociopathic and enjoy the carnage, the vast majority of dudes who play in the street don't catch bodies, don't do serious time, are struggling to make a way out of poverty frfr.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need jobs for young black men that pay. We need affordable housing. We need more black media representatives. More black political representatives. More black performing arts centers. A good example is Canadian TV. Right now we have maybe one TV show with a black lead being produced in Canada. Think about that. We can't tell our own stories. Without our own outlets we rely on American outlets and stories to teach us who we are. We can be multiple generations Canadian and still get pressed and asked where we're from. There isn't one affluent black neighborhood that I can think of. As soon as a neighborhood becomes "black" you see a crazy amount of white flight (See Scarborough in the early 90's). And let's not forget the condescending politicians who refer to after school programs and breakfast clubs as "hug a thug" programs, when they themselves are former drug dealers.

85 Sheppard East :blessed:

Used to ride this bus everyday as a shorty for school and to get to STC on friday nights and saturdays during the day y’all remember that :wow:

Great post tho breh. All facts. You should post in here more