The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Toronto's weird breh.

People are very lonely here so they'll make an effort to have a superficial conversation with you. Moreover, the racism is often palpable regarding stares. I often have to interact with cac women in public due to my school and the stares that I get are hilarious.

Also, this city is 8 per cent black but I rarely see black men downtown/wearing suits downtown. Instead, I see them working in the TTC.
:francis:
I'm downtown every other day and 4 out of 10 Black men I encounter are mentally ill and potentially homeless. That's ridiculous

Then the murder stats... Is it like at least one a month right now? Are we even growing as a population? Men in the prime of their lives raised thru poverty and pain only to die before 25 for absolutely nothing. That's why I'm still mad they killed an Engineer breh this year... We need professionals... I wouldn't give 2 shyts if all the bangers took each other out... good riddance.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Damn. It’s that bad? Why black guys from tdot acting like it’s the Mecca then? I went to school with way too many of them. Never liked Toronto, if I’m being real. Very odd city.

Mecca of what?
Ish ain't Atlanta with black CEOs and many opportunities

There's a invisible line for most black men in terms of the highest you can go

You may eat as a black man but you might be the only one or one of two eating in your whole department or city

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm downtown every other day and 4 out of 10 Black men I encounter are mentally ill and potentially homeless. That's ridiculous

Then the murder stats... Is it like at least one a month right now? Are we even growing as a population? Men in the prime of their lives raised thru poverty and pain only to die before 25 for absolutely nothing. That's why I'm still mad they killed an Engineer breh this year... We need professionals... I wouldn't give 2 shyts if all the bangers took each other out... good riddance.

Nah like once a week
Prob every year like 40-50 black men 18-34 are killed

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Mecca of what?

You may eat as a black man but you might be the only one or one of two eating in your whole department or city

I'll be looking for various jobs this fall. I might post interview stories here this fall.

Daps
Mecca of what?

I figured they were lying because most of them graduated from uni, yet a lot are jobless or working dead end jobs. I used to stay in Tdot and it’s outskirts (Ajax) for months at a time. People are arrogant as hell, especially the women.