The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
ottawa has has the highest media household in all of canada at nearly 100k

those government jobs :noah:

I swear me and my wife could have an absolutely amazing life if we moved back to ottawa

Like mortgage free, making bank, h on e by 530 every day, weekends off etc

But Toronto is home, its in my blood

So I put up with $2000 plus mortgages, three hour daily commutes etc

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This was done a few years ago

A highly educated black person living in Montreal with at least a university graduate degree can expect an unemployment rate higher than that of a non-black high school dropout.

That's one of the bleak findings of a new study released Thursday by a McGill University consortium that looked at social and economic data comparing blacks and non-blacks in the city. The study found that there are "persistent" and "pervasive" wage, income, employment and even home ownership gaps.

And even as blacks attain higher levels of education, this chasm in joblessness endures. The rate for blacks with a graduate degree or equivalent is 13.4 per cent. For non-blacks it's 5.2 per cent.

The rate for non-black high school dropouts is 12 per cent.

Torczyner and his team also found that blacks are severely under-represented in higher-paying jobs, occupying just 1.8 per cent of posts in management, 1.4 per cent of judges and lawyers, and 1.8 per cent of doctors.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I swear me and my wife could have an absolutely amazing life if we moved back to ottawa

:scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
This was done a few years ago

A highly educated black person living in Montreal with at least a university graduate degree can expect an unemployment rate higher than that of a non-black high school dropout.

That's one of the bleak findings of a new study released Thursday by a McGill University consortium that looked at social and economic data comparing blacks and non-blacks in the city. The study found that there are "persistent" and "pervasive" wage, income, employment and even home ownership gaps.

And even as blacks attain higher levels of education, this chasm in joblessness endures. The rate for blacks with a graduate degree or equivalent is 13.4 per cent. For non-blacks it's 5.2 per cent.

The rate for non-black high school dropouts is 12 per cent.

Torczyner and his team also found that blacks are severely under-represented in higher-paying jobs, occupying just 1.8 per cent of posts in management, 1.4 per cent of judges and lawyers, and 1.8 per cent of doctors.
This city is poorly constructed and corrupt, but SO CHEAP.
You have to kinda have your own business to make moves if you're black here...especially non french :mjpls:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
ottawa has has the highest media household in all of canada at nearly 100k

those government jobs :noah:

You Toronto people don't know. It's actually shocking. Quickest way to middle class life and a pension. Plus houses are relatively cheap compared to Toronto. After I pay off my school debt, I'm going to Ottawa. Gonna have a house, garage and peace/quiet
:blessed:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

You're making a mistake. I'll pray for you and your young family :lawd:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Networking and having friends in high places Will get you farther Than a degree alone.
That's why DC "day party" black folk always used to ask "What do you do"?
I thought it was a rude question but it was really black business networking presenting itself to me.
:francis: