The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lol it’s crazy - the latter part

fukk Paris though hahaha. Nah for real I gotta go there again dolo and see it for myself.

London crazy expensive though

central london is but you can live outside central london and still get into town easy because of the tube.

First few times I went to london I stayed in central london and was paying an arm and a leg, then after that I stayed further away just always book by a tube station and easy peasy

premier league games on saturday :wow:
westfield stratford :wow:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
NIMBY

have money for ukraine and refugees but not for reg ol canadians
You want to owe the government favors too?

This is a lame talking point because those Ukraine dollars are not hand outs, those are business transactions. Refugees get money because they have no work status until they are processed they can't earn a living legally. That's standard practise

THe fact that you put them and Ukraine together is just more right wing babble. You use this talking point everytime there is a flood of refugees here like the Syrians last time. It's straight from the right wing script. By now you should know how refugee processing works. And no we literally didn't have money for them. It was majority Black people too this time. You a church dude with no empathy. Go figure. Religion is always showing it's ass. More about judgement than compassion.

Last edited:
Daps
You know it's getting bad when you have Olivia Chow calling out Trudeau. I think people are starting to see how dumb Trudeau is for allowing a record number of immigrants into the country when infrastructure can't handle it. Most of them end up in GTA or Vancouver area it seems, and we can't handle them.

I mean even though he has handlers and such, we voted in a drama teacher to be our prime minister...........should we be surprised at the level of competency? Granted it is much preferred to any COnverstive Party piece of shyt...... :pacspit: ...which explains why we are in the situation we are in............:francis:

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I have no faith that the restructuring of his cabinet will have any identifiable effects.

The cabinet selection process is laughable. The Prime Minister suggests people and they get appointed by the governor general regardless of qualifications.

Looking back historically all parties that have assumed the position of Government of Canada have had a plethora of unqualified people.

If you look at Trudeau's cabinet now, his Finance Minister is still the same. Chrystia Freeland has no background in Finance or Economics. She has a Bachelor of Arts from Harvard and a Master of Studies in Slavic literature. She has primarily worked as a Journalist and a Politician. How could she possibly be qualified to oversee a financial portfolio for the whole country. The Cabinet member in charge of Economics for Southern Ontario, Filomena Tassi, has a Bachelor of Laws from Western University and a Master of Religious Education from the University of Toronto. She worked as a chaplain at a Toronto High School prior to politics. Again how is this person qualified to oversee economic decisions relating to Ontario.

The lack of definable requirements for these position mean that these roles will continue to possibly be filled by people that will not have the depth of knowledge to really comprehend the intricacies of what they are overseeing.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

I unno why this man doin bare interviews lately but this is kinda funny:mjlol:

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean even though he has handlers and such, we voted in a drama teacher to be our prime minister...........should we be surprised at the level of competency? Granted it is much preferred to any COnverstive Party piece of shyt...... :pacspit: ...which explains why we are in the situation we are in............:francis:
I felt he got a lot of his votes from young voters by legalizing marijuana. I can admit I voted him in for that reason.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A lot of folks here have a selective memory of the Harper Conservatives.

Imagine those folks to a dialed up degree of crazy. They bought food for those white supremacists who occupied downtown Ottawa!

Anyway, we shall all learn by force.
Yeah, Harper wasn't good, and I feel a major issue with our country is we have bad leaders on all levels of government. We need a total restructuring on all levels and departments.