The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You know it's getting bad when you have Olivia Chow calling out Trudeau. I think people are starting to see how dumb Trudeau is for allowing a record number of immigrants into the country when infrastructure can't handle it. Most of them end up in GTA or Vancouver area it seems, and we can't handle them.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Now that I’m single I’m considering eventually moving to NY or London, UK

(I work in finance)

What sucks about working in finance is the places you can work kinda limited
Isn't the finance industry strong in NY?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Isn't the finance industry strong in NY?
yea but its really only strong in London/NY

Then there are mini hubs in Chi/Charlotte/Houston/LA

Thing is i want a leave to a warmer climate and cheaper cost of living if i leave Canada. I dont care for the big city life at this point tbh.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
What the suburbs got to do with anything lol
A lot actually lol.

The non black kids that grew up in the city around us were constantly called "wiggers"(looking back that shyts racist as hell) and told to stop acting black. They were cool with us, so I get it.

In the city, a running joke is we're all low key connected lol. The horror stories I used to hear about the brehs who grew up in the burbs about non black people jumping them or always messing with them, makes me sick and I'm talking pre drill.

Then I remember when the drill movement was blowing up, you'd have these same non-blacks who terrorised brehs, make chief keef and the drill their whole persona. Like wtf you know

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea but its really only strong in London/NY

Then there are mini hubs in Chi/Charlotte/Houston/LA

Thing is i want a leave to a warmer climate and cheaper cost of living if i leave Canada. I dont care for the big city life at this point tbh.

living Charlotte or Houston may work for you.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You know it's getting bad when you have Olivia Chow calling out Trudeau. I think people are starting to see how dumb Trudeau is for allowing a record number of immigrants into the country when infrastructure can't handle it. Most of them end up in GTA or Vancouver area it seems, and we can't handle them.

It’s a funny conundrum.

In 20 years, the dependency ratio between old Canadians and working age Canadians will be 1:1.

Healthcare, pensions and other stuff will be under severe strain.

But as you noted, we don’t have the right infrastructure for such population expansion.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A lot actually lol.

The non black kids that grew up in the city around us were constantly called "wiggers"(looking back that shyts racist as hell) and told to stop acting black. They were cool with us, so I get it.

In the city, a running joke is we're all low key connected lol. The horror stories I used to hear about the brehs who grew up in the burbs about non black people jumping them or always messing with them, makes me sick and I'm talking pre drill.

Then I remember when the drill movement was blowing up, you'd have these same non-blacks who terrorised brehs, make chief keef and the drill their whole persona. Like wtf you know
fair enough. i will admit i grew up mostly in brampton
i just feel like you dont have to be from the inner city or hood to be a hip hop enthuiast

but maybe i misinterpreted the meaning of your post

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i just feel like you dont have to be from the inner city or hood to be a hip hop enthuiast

Yeah, I don't see this happening in Brampton or Sauga, so it may be outside of those cities. I can see this happening somewhere like Kitchener, London, Hamilton, etc.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps

Yeah I get you 100%, I probably wasn't being clear enough my bad. Hip hop is global, and for everyone.

I just don't like these bloggers and enthusiasts who only focuses on negative imagery of black people. You'd think Canada doesn't have Indian/Asian/white street gangs causing havoc too.