The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I get the preservation of land and avoiding natural disasters but does Ontario have floods like that?

just seems pointless to worry about natural disataters if they don’t affect us immidiately.

It’s too expensive out here and crime will continue to rise because if it. So the choice kinda is, do you wanna focus on the environment, or somewhat lessening financial burden for regular folks? (unless you already making 6 figures as of today)
Flooding, yeah we do bro, from what I hear the engineers say, storm sewers are in rough condition.

It's like every year we have some sort of environmental fukkery here in ottawa. You don't see how Canada is getting rocked everywhere left right and center ? There was an F4 in Alberta not even a month ago.

Gotta tackle both, it's not the 90s where crime was the big thing and you can say w.e to the other problems.

Tbh crime is raising because the "Canadians" who have it good don't want a help the communities in need. "Regular folk" aren't so regular when you look into it, especially If you're black.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
=
Flooding, yeah we do bro, from what I hear the engineers say, storm sewers are in rough condition.

It's like every year we have some sort of environmental fukkery here in ottawa. You don't see how Canada is getting rocked everywhere left right and center ? There was an F4 in Alberta not even a month ago.

Gotta tackle both, it's not the 90s where crime was the big thing and you can say w.e to the other problems.

Tbh crime is raising because the "Canadians" who have it good don't want a help the communities in need. "Regular folk" aren't so regular when you look into it, especially If you're black.
doubt ontario government can handle both

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

NIMBY

have money for ukraine and refugees but not for reg ol canadians

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is it true they are blocking outside news to Canadians? You all cant' see news sites from non Canadian locations?

That's sounds so Chinese

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
is it true they are blocking outside news to Canadians? You all cant' see news sites from non Canadian locations?

That's sounds so Chinese

What is Bill C-18?
Bill C-18, or the Online News Act, lays out a framework that would require digital giants such as Google and Meta to develop agreements with Canadian news sites to provide them with compensation for sharing their online news content through links or other means

In brief, the tech giants don’t want to pay to host Canadian news content as required by C-18, which means Canadians may no longer see it appear on Facebook, Instagram and Google. Instead, they will have to seek it out elsewhere to stay informed since the content produced by Canadian news organizations will be blocked on those platforms in the coming months.