The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of Toronto is bad for black people. U of T is special in that the institution is integrally tied to the city (ex. U of T owns a significant proportion of land downtown such as Yorkville and Queen’s Park)
Right, when I left there they were buying up blocks left and right. It's bad especially if youre a st8 blk man, unless you're used to deferring to people alot then you're just just blind folded.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Right, when I left there they were buying up blocks left and right. It's bad especially if youre a st8 blk man, unless you're used to deferring to people alot then you're just just blind folded.

They seem to hire a lot of Black's in the lgbt community. If you declare when applying for a position that you are gay and Black, you'll get a call.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
All of Toronto is bad for black people. U of T is special in that the institution is integrally tied to the city (ex. U of T owns a significant proportion of land downtown such as Yorkville and Queen’s Park)
I recently graduated from Ryerson, and I was shocked how there were barely any black people on campus. Unsure if it was due to enrolling in a business tech field, but it was alarming that none of the instructors were black and there seems to be less than 5 black people in a class.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
I recently graduated from Ryerson, and I was shocked how there were barely any black people on campus. Unsure if it was due to enrolling in a business tech field, but it was alarming that none of the instructors were black and there seems to be less than 5 black people in a class.

Yup. I work on Bay Street and I guarantee in a few years, I’ll know every black person in corporate, financial, legal etc. spaces

Not many of us.

Daps
I'm at U of T now in a STEM field and doing the advanced upper yesr courses. Since lower year courses I am the fly that you would find in a pale of milk...... if you don't have a tough skin, are a masochist for the difficulty of the grind, and ready to be a lone wolf you will get eaten and spit out.... it ain't a nice place if you a str8 black man... :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

thats normal
i always remember years ago I went to a blue jays game and it was sad literally all the workers/cleaners etc. were black

like i said before I work for one of the biggest hospital networks in the city and out of like 300 managers/directors/vps/ceos there are only like 6 that are black

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm at U of T now in a STEM field and doing the advanced upper yesr courses. Since lower year courses I am the fly that you would find in a pale of milk...... if you don't have a tough skin, are a masochist for the difficulty of the grind, and ready to be a lone wolf you will get eaten and spit out.... it ain't a nice place if you a str8 black man... :francis:

Yup its crazy but I bet if you looked at the demographics so much more black women than black male you probably see at school. It's sad black women are so far ahead of black men in this city no joke

Daps
Yup its crazy but I bet if you looked at the demographics so much more black women than black male you probably see at school. It's sad black women are so far ahead of black men in this city no joke
Funny and sad story at the same time: I had a sista in one of my classes, we knew what it was we were the only black folks for the most part in the program. Well I had to put Uni on hold for a few years I get back and I'm talking to another girl I knew who made it into tje PhD program, then the sista pops up and come to find out she made it too. Well the three of us were talking for a sec in a joking manner and I reach out for playful daps. The asian girl was cool with it, but sis?..:snoop:....just stayed there giving me a "divestor stare"...it doesn't translate the best over text, but it was one of those scenarios where you're left with a :ohhh: expression.

Of course I did leave out that when we were in undergrad together her "bf" was in a masters/PhD program at the school.. ...... there were no black folks in the masters/PhD for math and stats at the time...... take that as you like.....:hubie:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Funny and sad story at the same time: I had a sista in one of my classes, we knew what it was we were the only black folks for the most part in the program. Well I had to put Uni on hold for a few years I get back and I'm talking to another girl I knew who made it into tje PhD program, then the sista pops up and come to find out she made it too. Well the three of us were talking for a sec in a joking manner and I reach out for playful daps. The asian girl was cool with it, but sis?..:snoop:....just stayed there giving me a "divestor stare"...it doesn't translate the best over text, but it was one of those scenarios where you're left with a :ohhh: expression.

Of course I did leave out that when we were in undergrad together her "bf" was in a masters/PhD program at the school.. ...... there were no black folks in the masters/PhD for math and stats at the time...... take that as you like.....:hubie:

I’ve noticed that unlike in other places I’ve lived, black people in Toronto mostly just stare. No nod. No, “enjoy your day brother”. It’s weird.

This place is weird

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly
or go up north, my cousin and his wife both nurses work up in nunavut and get paid like 65 a hour and have housing provided for

If people were smart they’d literally move up there after nursing school for like 5 years and stack up.

Daps
I’ve noticed that unlike in other places I’ve lived, black people in Toronto mostly just stare. No nod. No, “enjoy your day brother”. It’s weird.

This place is weird
We been conditioned to "keep that screwface up" on site...... it's unfortunate. It is only after age amd reflection you realize the destruction it causes and you attempt to correct your ways. But your teens amd early-mid-twenties?... .. folks are too caught with the first tbought being defensive and antagonistic so the first question that comes up in any young black toronto cats mind is a "ay a who dat yo?, we he lookin at me sah?"

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
straight black men that have a good job and don't pawg is rare in the downtown core
lol is liberty village downtown?

youre right though. black women refuse to get in line too so its going to be a lot of attractive 40 something girls going on solo/girls trips to bali and tulum in the next decade

i see a couple on my IG even