The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
so people that are 25? My question would be why do they need to buy a house now?

The youth are voting for ineffective liberal policies. I can’t really say much to them besides they are wasting their votes.

Also the youth need to really start thinking about going into professions that make good money. Start thinking long term.

You can make good money and still housing is out of reach as a first time buyer

According to a newly-released Housing Affordability Report from the National Bank of Canada, you currently need to have an annual household income of at least $178,499 to afford a "representative home" in the Toronto market.

Assuming a savings rate of 10 per cent of total median household income, it would now take 60 months (5 years) to save for the minimum down payment (approximately 6 per cent) on the representative home."

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can make good money and still housing is out of reach as a first time buyer

According to a newly-released Housing Affordability Report from the National Bank of Canada, you currently need to have an annual household income of at least $178,499 to afford a "representative home" in the Toronto market.

Assuming a savings rate of 10 per cent of total median household income, it would now take 60 months (5 years) to save for the minimum down payment (approximately 6 per cent) on the representative home."

Mario using those metrics. They are not realistic.

you can easily find a home (condo) in the GTA for $500k. Home ownership takes some saving and some sacrifices.

I heard the same complaint 10 years ago. Those who want a hime and can adjust their expectations are good. The ones who fail to to this continue to complain.

6 months ago you could have purchased a staked townhouse 2 bedrooms for less than 500k in Durham. In 5 years when that property is fetching 650k the same people will be crying.

Folk complain about prices but fail to look at what has pushed prices up. Government policy. Stress test removed 20% of your buying power. First time hime buyers putting down 5% must qualify with a 25 year ammort. This should be extended. The banks are running away with money and get whatever they want. Direct the anger at the right people.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
so we at 65 percent first dose given in ontario as of right now

why are we not in stage 1... or do we gotta wait 21 days :dead:
smh

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i just got back from the Gatineau mall did some shopping..first time in forever :wow:
getting 2 month gym membership when they open the gym on may 31st

ontario moving like snail..scust

lucky you
This past weekend I did nothing just laid in my bed and watched tv

im like bill murray in groundhog day

im-reliving-the-same-day-over-and-over-bill-murray.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Watched basketball arenas are packed fans not even wearing masks.
Watch soccer stadiums like 1/4th packed, bars , pubs, mall , restaurants etc. open
People travelling

Yet we on lockdown, i can't even buy a damn glass at dollarama