The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Not really. You have to compare apples to apples. In other major city in the world, you need to have money to buy a home. It's only in Toronto where everyone feels they're above renting. There's this need to buy an expensive, unaffordable home here rather than rent. Why is that?

I've also heard the story about how easy it is for those of us who bought years ago. Well, my mom bought her first house for $200K. If I wanted to buy that house today it's well over $1M. We all face these issues and I've been telling people to buy condos for YEARS on here while they skinned up their faces because they were above buying a shoebox. Well, there are certain steps one must take to home ownership if you're not wealthy. Buying property at the low end of the housing ladder is a good option. Folk didn't want to do that.

If I was in a situation where I as making $80K didn't want a condo, I'd move. Folk act like they're being held here against their will and told they must buy a house. People could have bought 3 years ago and be doing well right now. The "yall bought early" shyt is nonsense....there was also a drop in condo prices during the pandemic. Condos dropped 10-15% the same folk complaining didn't buy. Houses in Durham region were CHEAP just 2 years ago. Same folk complaining did nothing.

So I get it that folk feel they should be able to buy any home they want, but the oportunities were there and yea home ownership in a world class city means you need to make bank. Whether it's right or wrong is a different discussion. But folk eat up all that liberal bullshyt and then question why they are where they are. We printed all kinds of money to help all the people in need...many skipping out on paying rent... All that money went to helping struggling businesses, helping students, etc. This is the COST of that..and when those of us said that we needed to chill on that shyt, we were criticized. Everything that has happened with housing is what I predicted. Today if you want to get into real estate you really have to study it.

Yall too fixated on "averages" You can easily find a GTA condo less than $700K.

Compare Toronto to other top cities. Compare us to New York, Boston, LA, Vancouver in North America. Stockholm, London, etc. Americans aren't comparing stats in NYC to Oshawa.

Yeah when you're mom bought that house for 200k it was prob just 3-4 times her salary ight? See what I'm saying?
In durham the average price was 600,000 in 2018

Breh we can compare
affordability.jpg

Like I've said before you can live in New Jersey just like 10 miles from Manhattan and find affordable housing

We get it breh you won congrats, you have a property you have equity, you prob bought your first property like 15 years ago right?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
this the cop that called Top 5 & let him know ahead of time the charges were upgraded & gave him a head start to vacate the city...
SpicyAssuredCanine-max-1mb.gif

Hey Top5 we just found more damming evidence and are now charging you with first degree murder which means you probably won't see the light of day ever again. This evidence is straight damming and you'll probably be convicted. If you can please come down to Police Headquarters at your earliest convivence thanks

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
Hey Top5 we just found more damming evidence and are now charging you with first degree murder which means you probably won't see the light of day ever again. This evidence is straight damming and you'll probably be convicted. If you can please come down to Police Headquarters at your earliest convivence thanks

:mjlol:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah when you're mom bought that house for 200k it was prob just 3-4 times her salary ight? See what I'm saying?
In durham the average price was 600,000 in 2018

Breh we can compare
affordability.jpg

Like I've said before you can live in New Jersey just like 10 miles from Manhattan and find affordable housing

We get it breh you won congrats, you have a property you have equity, you prob bought your first property like 15 years ago right?

Affordable housing can be found in Toronto and the GTA. You can also find much cheaper prices in Ottawa and Montreal.

Daps
I mean you come here and even to just rent a private room just a private room you're looking at 900 a month. Basement apartments go for like 1,400 now, one bdrms even at jane and finch 1,535 a month :picard:, and im sure once the lrt is completed they will go up

jnf.jpg

The old rule of thumb was to buy a house 3-4 times your salary now? :mjlol:

San Romanoway is 1500 for a 1 bedroom??.....Jeezus.....I just keep on getting it confirmed more and more....I'm out when I'm done my degree...:what:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Affordable housing can be found in Toronto and the GTA. You can also find much cheaper prices in Ottawa and Montreal.

montreal is getting up there as well houses are selling for 100-200k over asking prices:francis: