The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Daps
I kind of see what your saying. If you are already in that area, might as well roll the dice.

I still wouldn't do it. The Jane Strip is too iffy.
Jane strip gonna remain like it is with minor touch ups. THat's where they place the new immigrant communities.....Used to be all the Caribbean immigrants back in the day, then it turned into majority latino, now it is becoming more vietnamese.......Jane strip is gonna be Jane strip.....

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
My first property was a 1 bedroom + den with 2 bathroom condo downtown in 2005. I paid 250k. Today a similar condo in that neighbourhood is listed for 738k. Almost triple.

Toronto is a haven for foreign money. Demand is not going to slow down any time soon.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My first property was a 1 bedroom + den with 2 bathroom condo downtown in 2005. I paid 250k. Today a similar condo in that neighbourhood is listed for 738k. Almost triple.

Toronto is a haven for foreign money. Demand is not going to slow down any time soon.

Almost triple but the average salary hasn’t tripled in that time space

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Jane strip gonna remain like it is with minor touch ups. THat's where they place the new immigrant communities.....Used to be all the Caribbean immigrants back in the day, then it turned into majority latino, now it is becoming more vietnamese.......Jane strip is gonna be Jane strip.....

I know they are putting condos up at jane and driftwood and the new lrt
At best it’s going to be like regent park and Lawrence west with condos right beside metro housings

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
How do other single people survive in the GTA?

Is it safe to assume that most singles live with their family (parents), roommate with 4 other people, or blow their money on rent?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
How do other single people survive in the GTA?

Is it safe to assume that most singles live with their family (parents), roommate with 4 other people, or blow their money on rent?

If you bought years ago life ain't bad, or if you rented years ago not bad. Even 5 years ago you could rent a 1bdrm condo for 1,300 and that was considered pricey.

but now? Paycheck to paycheck / roommate etc.

Even single rooms go for 8-900

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
My fam is on Keele/Eglington which isn't anything to show off, and it's still 5x better than Jane. I wouldn't advise someone to move in to the area, but 10 years from now who knows.
I won't be waiting though. :hubie:

FACTS...........soon as I'm done this degree I'm out.....you go on any real estate site, go on numbeo.com and see how much farther your money goes anywhere in the world............being in Toronto is just a str8 stress.....for what? to keep up with the "lifestyle"...I'm good.
It's something we should all consider. This covid problem shows me being in a "top" city or country doesn't mean much. It's all about how far your money can stretch.

People are actually leaving Toronto and the other big cities, but they can't cover it up with immigration right now.
Population Growth Declines in Canada's Major Urban Centers Amid Pandemic

Less population, means less taxes, which means more mysteries money coming in. There are too many underlying problems.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My fam is on Keele/Eglington which isn't anything to show off, and it's still 5x better than Jane. I wouldn't advise someone to move in to the area, but 10 years from now who knows.
I won't be waiting though. :hubie:

It's something we should all consider. This covid problem shows me being in a "top" city or country doesn't mean much. It's all about how far your money can stretch.

People are actually leaving Toronto and the other big cities, but they can't cover it up with immigration right now.
Population Growth Declines in Canada's Major Urban Centers Amid Pandemic

Less population, means less taxes, which means more mysteries money coming in. There are too many underlying problems.

Don't blame them. It's an eye opener for many immigrants when they land in toronto how expensive it is. You're preached the land of milk and honey but yeah right

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

Even then, the Vietnamese are in town houses
behind Trethewey.

:unimpressed:

FACTS...........soon as I'm done this degree I'm out.....you go on any real estate site, go on numbeo.com and see how much farther your money goes anywhere in the world............being in Toronto is just a str8 stress.....for what? to keep up with the "lifestyle"...I'm good.

Was looking up properties in Florida

:ohlawd:

Canada ain’t for me. Only reason to stay here is for cheaper schooling. A few more years and I'm out of this prison called Canada. Can actually afford property

:sadbron: