The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I moved here from the usa..where are u thinking?
I don't want to rant, but overall the economics here doesn't favour the middle. It's difficult to live an honest straightforward life.

I don't want to live my life based around investing in Crypto or Skip the Dishes. I see where things are going.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't want to rant, but overall the economics here doesn't favour the middle. It's difficult to live an honest straightforward life.

I don't want to live my life based around investing in Crypto or Skip the Dishes. I see where things are going.

if you don't own property already in toronto or the gta you are SOL
1bdrm condos going for 500k plus :picard:
average house like a mill

A couple months ago, we learned that you would need an income of $100,000 to buy the average condo in Toronto. Most people don’t make that much money. The median Canadian household income is just $70,336 as of 2015 (the latest info from StatsCan). That’s a gap of about $30,000 per year for half of all households.

If you have a 20% down payment on a $100,000 household salary, you can probably comfortably afford a $560,000 condo.

BUT

and this is a big but

this number assumes you have very little debt and $112,000 in the bank.

Even for people on a salary of $100,000 that may not be the case.

Tom Foolery

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
if you don't own property already in toronto or the gta you are SOL
1bdrm condos going for 500k plus :picard:
average house like a mill

A couple months ago, we learned that you would need an income of $100,000 to buy the average condo in Toronto. Most people don’t make that much money. The median Canadian household income is just $70,336 as of 2015 (the latest info from StatsCan). That’s a gap of about $30,000 per year for half of all households.

If you have a 20% down payment on a $100,000 household salary, you can probably comfortably afford a $560,000 condo.

BUT

and this is a big but

this number assumes you have very little debt and $112,000 in the bank.

Even for people on a salary of $100,000 that may not be the case.
Life shouldn't be this complicated and if it is, maybe I'm in the wrong place.

No growth, all inflation. I'm not sure this is the place to be for the future. Just like how our parents had to move, It might be time for us.

A house in my sisters area sold over the asking of $1.5million. It's wild out here and the Government is turning a blind eye.

The economics here is so shyt. This country sucks for people between the working ages of 30-65.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Life shouldn't be this complicated and if it is, maybe I'm in the wrong place.

No growth, all inflation. I'm not sure this is the place to be for the future. Just like how our parents had to move, It might be time for us.

A house in my sisters area sold over the asking of $1.5million. It's wild out here and the Government is turning a blind eye.

The economics here is so shyt. This country sucks for people between the working ages of 30-65.

People in their 40s and 50s even who worked menial jobs own houses because they were able to buy when even an average salary you could buy a house three times your salary

The government doesn’t care
And I honestly think this is the worst in the world

because London is expensive but you can live a hour away from London and it’s cheap and there is proper transit to take you in

same for New York, San Fran

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

The wicked won't see zion

like i keep saying doug ford is giving is cronies more and more powers, you can't do anything inside an dnow they want to snuff out what you can do outside.

I can go to walmart and be around tons of people but can't at a park for church?

Tom Foolery

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
People in their 40s and 50s even who worked menial jobs own houses because they were able to buy when even an average salary you could buy a house three times your salary

The government doesn’t care
And I honestly think this is the worst in the world

because London is expensive but you can live a hour away from London and it’s cheap and there is proper transit to take you in

same for New York, San Fran
At least in America you can move to a new location and grind hard. They got major companies all over. East Coast, West Coast, South.

Canada is shrinking or stagnant. Northern Ontario is declining in population with no hope in site. Southern Ontario is inflation city.

I'm travelling once covid is done. I got to see what's out there.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I was looking at houses in toronto on zillow and was very unimpressed with what I saw at certain price ranges...not much house/land at all

toronto housing is overpriced

in most places in the world a million dollar house is :wow:

in toronto its just some old shack

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least in America you can move to a new location and grind hard. They got major companies all over. East Coast, West Coast, South.

Canada is shrinking or stagnant. Northern Ontario is declining in population with no hope in site. Southern Ontario is inflation city.

I'm travelling once covid is done. I got to see what's out there.
Feel like the problems we have here are happening all over the world. :francis: