Wonder who that could be? :dwillhuh:

I never understood why TNA gave her that knockoff Miranda Sings gimmick
Miranda-Sings.jpg

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Does anything positive ever happen for impact? Seems this thread is only updated when something negative happens (like the knockouts champ, asking for a release).

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Does anything positive ever happen for impact? Seems this thread is only updated when something negative happens (like the knockouts champ, asking for a release).

Admittedly I haven't watched in a minute (haven't been watching much wrestling in general) but I see they've got Trevor Lee there. He's a Hardy recommendation away from signing with WWE.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was at Bound for Glory and two of the TV tapings that week in town and it's hard to see any positives for this company right now.

I like that they're giving exposure to Japanese talent from NOAH that would otherwise likely go unnoticed by American fans

Eli Drake is really strong in his current role and Chris Masters is good in his role as his sidekick.

They have some good talent in the middle of the card that could likely have good matches with each other.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I never understood why TNA gave her that knockoff Miranda Sings gimmick
Miranda-Sings.jpg

Who the fukk is this? Her gimmick is "crazy bytch that cracked cuz she got used and dumped at the altar". I mean it's these kind of gimmicks that most ppl are wishing half the roster in WWE had right now because they are "boring".

I would rather this than nothing.

As for the actual gimmick itself, would have been nice to see them have her form more "friendships" to reel her brain in, then something happens that makes her go off the deep-end again (kinda like how they did with the Grado angle).

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Overall, the roster talent has declined very hard from a couple of years ago, and the production quality of the show is at an all-time low, due to budget cuts. The most storyline going on is usually in the comedic angles. I mean their match-ups are good on paper, but they do a terrible job at getting you to care about them, which has always been a problem so w/e.

Some positives are they aren't hot potatoing their titles at the moment. They also managed to book a successful MMA crossover angle. If you like to see fresh talent, them collaborating to bring talent from other companies onto the show might be a positive (or negative) to you.

I'm not sure how much Anthem want to spend on Impact, but if they don't start gaining some momentum soon, I would expect rumors by at least Slammiversary. They are making the right moves by releasing and letting talent walk (in the books, not in the ring mind you), and moving their tapings exclusively to their Canadian HQ. They are taking a scale back and grow properly approach, instead of the let's try to keep everything we bought at the same level and hope it pays off "because new owners".

For the time being, it definitely ranks last amongst all the televised wrestling you can watch in North America.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
They've definitely gome SOME good stuff going on.

Dan Lambert is a fukking natural heel. You'd think he'd been in the wrestling business his whole life.

That whole MMA vs. pro wrestling bit is actually pretty good.

Eli Drake's okay. ECIII is good. Moose is doing pretty good.

They were doing so well about 3 months ago when Jim Cornette was going and it looked like they were going in a decent direction with Jeff Jarrett back in charge and then, BAM nothing