The Official TNA Discussion Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:yeshrug:

I just see the positives in it I guess. It's easier to just think doom and gloom but that's what 90% of wrestling fans are doing anyway.
i am not one of those fans though if you have seen my posts I am actually rooting for them to succeed but you haven't really backed up your statement with facts for why this is a positive. Just seem like nothing moves :ld:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
i am not one of those fans though if you have seen my posts I am actually rooting for them to succeed but you haven't really backed up your statement with facts for why this is a positive. Just seem like nothing moves :ld:

I can see why you feel that way. I wasn't saying you were a pessimistic fan, just saying I decided that having some hierarchy after Jarrett left was good.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
They Def had a boom a few months ago. It's clear as day they need Jarret. When they brought him back for his stake in tna for gfw TV time last year they had a solid show, when they brought him back this year they were killing it. Then every angle they had went to shyt cuz they were killed off with no explanation Too bad the bosses couldn't handle a drunk, JJ belongs in the business.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
vuvhdomces201.gif

:mjlol:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown

I'm with you this could be a step in the right the direction but they have to get the high-cost contracts off the books and just do a full rebuild.I think they are too invested in what people in and Fans of the industry think because this should of have been done months ago. Scott D'amore has a pretty decent track record and Cyrus had a pretty dope concept for what he envisioned the company to be on observer radio this past week. I don't think that this company will ever be number one but there more than capable of putting on an entertaining Show and being positioned as a destination in the industry.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Haven't done this for a while, but here are weeks 12-15 of of the Asylum Years

Jeff Jarrett
is involved in about 5 different angles. His feud with Bob Armstrong with The Bullet making multiple appearances finally culminates in The Bullet being revealed as The Road Dogg, now going by his given name of BG James. The reveal was such a surprise that Don West immediately said, "I figured". Meanwhile, the stuff with Brian Lawler repeatedly attacking Jeff was ended as Jeff convinced Brian that he never touched his girlfriend, but the rest of the roster has. You see, Brian has been verbally and heavily implied to be physically abusing his girlfriend, April, who in response is finding comfort in various boys in da back. After this, he starts partnering with Jeff, forming a loose alliance consisting of Lawler, Jarrett, Elix Skipper...and Ron Killings. Yes, despite Jeff making his entire time in TNA being about winning the NWA Championship, he's now partnering up with Truth because in addition to Road Dogg debuting, so has Syxx Pac, and those 2 along with Scott Hall (who promptly no shows 2 weeks in a row) are making life hell for Jarrett, and all 3 are gunning for Truth's title.

tYes1SJ.gif
bol9NEd.gif
KqaYYN8.gif

Speaking of Truth, as NWA Champion, he's taken some offense to the attention the X-Division is getting, so he started engaging in a feud with the entire division, with he and Jerry Lynn defending their respective titles against each other, and defending his title against Low Ki. A mysterious masked man apparently known as Mr. Wrestling III has been attacking Truth for weeks.
DCxGwOK.gif
CxCtZcn.gif
XrflH4w.gif

Sonny Siaki
got involved with the Lynn matches, staking his claim to the title picture after burning his Elvis costume. Meanwhile, AJ Styles has become a cocky little a$$hole who is still fukking with Lynn whenever, grinding on Goldylocks in promos, and calling Bullet Bob an "old fakkit". In general, the X-Division gets about 40 minutes of any given show, with guys getting tons of time to do whatever they can come up with and putting on :gladbron: matches every week. Kid Kash is showing out every week, Low Ki is getting over huge with the Asylum crowd. There are multiple ladder matches, a 5 man iron man match, and fukkery with Siaki/Styles trying to cheat Lynn out of the title leading to the title being given back to Lynn, but an injury vacated it, so Bullet Bob made a ladder match with all X-Division talent available eligible, ending with Syxx Pac running down last second to steal the title from AJ. There's definitely a lot of wild shyt that would get huge reactions 15 years later.

lZc8KzN.gif
HrUhIPS.gif
Ywcixy0.gif

DxY0oUd.gif
oaaMA8k.gif
Pw372AH.gif

America's Most Wanted have finally gelled and won the tag titles, fully on the same page and having very good modern day RNR Express style matches but with more power movies. Chris Harris in particular looks like a can't miss star ( :mjlol:). Ron Harris keeps turning on partners, and his continued attacks on security got him into a tussle with Don Harris, seemingly setting up a match between them but it kind of got dropped a week or two later. In addition, you have debuts of Ace Steel, CM Punk (which was terrible as he kept trying to do springboard and top rope moves and botched every one of them, Ace was brought back the next week and he wasn't), and Curt Hennig. Bruce is still doing his thing beating up women, only to eventually be challenged by NASCAR driver Herme Sadler.

NK3U2kd.gif
RDE9Z1o.gif
OcKcsOl.gif
eru6hZl.gif

Odds and sods: Chris Rock appeared to film for Head Of State, Screech had a boxing match with Tiny the time keeper (and teasing a fight with Don West), Buff Bagwell returned talking about all the chances he's blown and asking for one more chance which ended up with BG James saying pretty much the same thing an accepting him as his partner for a tag team Gauntlet For The Gold (only for Buff to put in the least amount of effort possible and not be asked back for 8 months), Disco Inferno getting into the ring looking like he had a broken back, and a whole lot of guys just vanishing.

p12gjkj.gif
7R9SRoH.gif
QKpA4Hl.gif
5C6tPVH.gif

While I can't say these are great shows or anything, they are entertaining, and it was a genuine alternative to WWE at the time.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Haven't done this for a while, but here are weeks 12-15 of of the Asylum Years

Jeff Jarrett
is involved in about 5 different angles. His feud with Bob Armstrong with The Bullet making multiple appearances finally culminates in The Bullet being revealed as The Road Dogg, now going by his given name of BG James. The reveal was such a surprise that Don West immediately said, "I figured". Meanwhile, the stuff with Brian Lawler repeatedly attacking Jeff was ended as Jeff convinced Brian that he never touched his girlfriend, but the rest of the roster has. You see, Brian has been verbally and heavily implied to be physically abusing his girlfriend, April, who in response is finding comfort in various boys in da back. After this, he starts partnering with Jeff, forming a loose alliance consisting of Lawler, Jarrett, Elix Skipper...and Ron Killings. Yes, despite Jeff making his entire time in TNA being about winning the NWA Championship, he's now partnering up with Truth because in addition to Road Dogg debuting, so has Syxx Pac, and those 2 along with Scott Hall (who promptly no shows 2 weeks in a row) are making life hell for Jarrett, and all 3 are gunning for Truth's title.

tYes1SJ.gif
bol9NEd.gif
KqaYYN8.gif

Speaking of Truth, as NWA Champion, he's taken some offense to the attention the X-Division is getting, so he started engaging in a feud with the entire division, with he and Jerry Lynn defending their respective titles against each other, and defending his title against Low Ki. A mysterious masked man apparently known as Mr. Wrestling III has been attacking Truth for weeks.
DCxGwOK.gif
CxCtZcn.gif
XrflH4w.gif

Sonny Siaki
got involved with the Lynn matches, staking his claim to the title picture after burning his Elvis costume. Meanwhile, AJ Styles has become a cocky little a$$hole who is still fukking with Lynn whenever, grinding on Goldylocks in promos, and calling Bullet Bob an "old fakkit". In general, the X-Division gets about 40 minutes of any given show, with guys getting tons of time to do whatever they can come up with and putting on :gladbron: matches every week. Kid Kash is showing out every week, Low Ki is getting over huge with the Asylum crowd. There are multiple ladder matches, a 5 man iron man match, and fukkery with Siaki/Styles trying to cheat Lynn out of the title leading to the title being given back to Lynn, but an injury vacated it, so Bullet Bob made a ladder match with all X-Division talent available eligible, ending with Syxx Pac running down last second to steal the title from AJ. There's definitely a lot of wild shyt that would get huge reactions 15 years later.

lZc8KzN.gif
HrUhIPS.gif
Ywcixy0.gif

DxY0oUd.gif
oaaMA8k.gif
Pw372AH.gif

America's Most Wanted have finally gelled and won the tag titles, fully on the same page and having very good modern day RNR Express style matches but with more power movies. Chris Harris in particular looks like a can't miss star ( :mjlol:). Ron Harris keeps turning on partners, and his continued attacks on security got him into a tussle with Don Harris, seemingly setting up a match between them but it kind of got dropped a week or two later. In addition, you have debuts of Ace Steel, CM Punk (which was terrible as he kept trying to do springboard and top rope moves and botched every one of them, Ace was brought back the next week and he wasn't), and Curt Hennig. Bruce is still doing his thing beating up women, only to eventually be challenged by NASCAR driver Herme Sadler.

NK3U2kd.gif
RDE9Z1o.gif
OcKcsOl.gif
eru6hZl.gif

Odds and sods: Chris Rock appeared to film for Head Of State, Screech had a boxing match with Tiny the time keeper (and teasing a fight with Don West), Buff Bagwell returned talking about all the chances he's blown and asking for one more chance which ended up with BG James saying pretty much the same thing an accepting him as his partner for a tag team Gauntlet For The Gold (only for Buff to put in the least amount of effort possible and not be asked back for 8 months), Disco Inferno getting into the ring looking like he had a broken back, and a whole lot of guys just vanishing.

p12gjkj.gif
7R9SRoH.gif
QKpA4Hl.gif
5C6tPVH.gif

While I can't say these are great shows or anything, they are entertaining, and it was a genuine alternative to WWE

I've been watching these on there Pluto tv channel and some of them were better than I remember them being.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Yeah, I think the past few years of dogshyt from TNA and blandness from WWE (and trash that has always been ROH TV) have given me a new appreciation of the Asylum era stuff. There's a lot of ex WWE/WCW/ECW talent, but also a whole lot of fresh talent not exposed to any kind of national audience getting tons of time to find themselves in and out of the ring, old school angles with modern presentation. It's often tasteless and trash, but they hit a point after like week 10ish where they dropped a lot of the more aggressively garbage angles and talent and figured out what was working and stuck to it.

For every week that has a main event ending with Hall, Kid, Jarrett, and Road Dogg in the ring, you have 2 or 3 that end with AJ/Ki/Lynn/SAT/Kid Kash, etc.

Daps
Sami Callihan has never met an occasion he thought it was inappropriate to spit in, has he?

This is why he flopped in NXT. No bodily fluids.