The Official TNA Discussion Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Is it just me or does Eli having the title just seem off. Its like he came out of nowhere with a lot of brash and confidence clearly has something (though overrated) and is definitely an upgrade on someone like Kennedy (who was kind of similar). But he just seemed like a guy that needed to put in more work as a midcarder first. I feel he should have been the grand prix champion and had a series of great matches (where he'd cheat to win) for like 3-6 months building his status and then become the champ.

Before becoming champion he had an okay feud with moose but then was directionless for a couple months then suddenly he wins the strap it just looks random. And why is Chris not scheming to make a move again?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Knockouts continue to be the brightest spot

Tbh I thought it was quite sad when rosemary was getting double teamed and that ditzy blonde was running to the ring. She's just a female eugene mascot type character but due to being short on talent they are slowly making her a legit knockout. Going to be a sad day when Gail goes

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Tbh I thought it was quite sad when rosemary was getting double teamed and that ditzy blonde was running to the ring. She's just a female eugene mascot type character but due to being short on talent they are slowly making her a legit knockout. Going to be a sad day when Gail goes

For some reason they like downplaying her skills.

She's much more competent in the ring outside of Impact

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
For some reason they like downplaying her skills.

She's much more competent in the ring outside of Impact

:ehh:

Ps

I like Terell but there is so much better talent out there, there is no reason the roster should have trash like allie or boring/unathletic sienna when Cheerleader Melissa is still actively rasslin. Okay you want to steer from ODBs and have more editorial front page looking stunners that doesn't mean waste money. Even this valkrie bytch with her 1980s azz sucks

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
:ehh:

Ps

I like Terell but there is so much better talent out there, there is no reason the roster should have trash like allie or boring/unathletic sienna when Cheerleader Melissa is still actively rasslin. Okay you want to steer from ODBs and have more editorial front page looking stunners that doesn't mean waste money. Even this valkrie bytch with her 1980s azz sucks

True. I think we've got to the point where girls are hoping they get that NXT or ROH call, though I'm not sure how many indy women have been signed lately by the E.

At one time a girl that wasn't a former Divas search contestant would prefer Impact but now not so much.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
True. I think we've got to the point where girls are hoping they get that NXT or ROH call, though I'm not sure how many indy women have been signed lately by the E.

At one time a girl that wasn't a former Divas search contestant would prefer Impact but now not so much.
:francis: I wonder why, the "women's revolution" started '15 and has sort of sputtered since the roster shake up. Ppl are putting their hopes on asuka but I think she's going to turnout like shinske.

Mickie was seen as royalty in these parts and look how she's being used. Sasha should be the face of the whole thing and she's constantly taking a back seat to a blonde. At least Charlotte had the talent to support it but alexa is nothing special. :why: It just seems with their one at a time booking most of the divas are just fodder for 4 or 6 way matchups. Who wants that?

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 8 8/7/02
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 9 8/14/02
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 10 8/21/02
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 11 8/28/02

The last time I left you, The Truth had convinced Ricky Steamboat to give him a NWA Championship match. Truth would go on to win the title to become the first black NWA Champion, in a match that ended with 4 run ins and a completely botched finish of Apolo missing a superkick by a good 6 inches and Ken selling it anyway and getting pinned with a Kanyon Cutter.
Apolo+misses+superkick+on+Ken+Shamrock.gif

Now, the real fun came after this, when Ricky Steamboat came out and called Apolo out only to give him a title shot, too. This brought out Jeff Jarrett, who brought up REVERSE DISCRIMINATION because Ricky, a non-white, keeps giving minorities title shots instead of him. "Ricky Steamboat, "Dragon", what we have here is a case of reverse discrimination." "Just because I'm not BLACK, just because I'm not PUERTO RICAN, just because I'm not HAWAIIAN,just because I'm not a minority, I gotta ask you one question, Steamboat. Why does a man like Ron The Truth Killings and why does a man like Apolo the PUERTO RICAN Sensation get a title shot and not me? WHY? WHY STEAMBOAT?" Naturally, Steamboat is stunned, yet books Apolo and Jeff in a number one contender match with himself as the ref. Jeff wins, but then Steamboat said he'd give Jeff The Truth in a title match...as his tag partner, next week. This leads to a double pin the next week, leaving the tag titles vacated and Jeff Jarrett starting a feud with Bob Armstrong, who has replaced Ricky Steamboat without any story reason. Also, Bill Behrens is still around, and Steamboat was brought in to replace him. Also also, Jeff Jarrett has been suspended this whole time.

At the same time, Brian Lawler has been randomly attacking Jeff Jarrett, and for weeks, every time he's about to reveal what Jeff did that pissed him off, someone is attacked or otherwise causes the reason to remain a secret.
Ricky+Steamboat+is+stunned.gif
Brian+Lawler+attacks+Jeff+Jarrett.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+hits+Bob+Armstrong+with+chair.gif

Elsewhere on the cards, The Dupps have introduced The Dupp Cup, a points based hardcore division where doing things such as fukking farm animals, putting someone's head in a shyt filled toilet, and goosing men can gain you points, but screaming like a p*ssy makes you lose points. It starts out on Jive Talkin', Disco Inferno's talk show, where the rules are explained in excruiating detail leading into the first ever match being The Dupps vs Ed Ferarra in what from start to finish is possibly the all time worst wrestling segment on any show anywhere. The next week, Teo the midget wins after putting Bo's head in the outhouse they brought, which was purported to have a 5 year old collection of their grandma's shyt in it.
Stan+Dupp+hits+Ed+Ferarra+with+blow+up+doll.gif
Pauline+hits+Stan+Dupp+with+chalkboard.gif
Teo+swirly+to+Bo+Dupp.gif

Monty Brown and Elix Skipper are feuding over what it means to be black, which was started by Truth, and ends up with Monty getting a title shot and promptly giving Truth a concussion.
Elix+Skipper+hits+Monty+Brown+with+paint.gif
Elix+Skipper+trashcan+dive+to+Monty+Brown.gif
Monty+Brown+suplexes+R+Truth+on+floor.gif

Oh, and both of the Harris Brothers are now wrestling, with Don as a face head of security, and Ron as a heel teaming with Brian Lee. That's right, THE fukkING DISCIPLES OF APOCALYPSE REUNITED IN TNA.
Brian+Lee+attacks+fan.gif
Brian+Lee+eliminates+Trent+Acid.gif

Oh, but don't forget about Bruce, who is now defending his Miss TNA crown against random women from the audience, doing a full blown Andy Kaufman rehash but with added Goldust for fun. One week, he powerbombs April Hunter, which leads to Tenay making p*ssy eating jokes.
Woman+Spears+Bruce.gif
Bruce+powerbomb+to+April+Hunter.gif

This...is TNA. :francis:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Is it just me or does Eli having the title just seem off. Its like he came out of nowhere with a lot of brash and confidence clearly has something (though overrated) and is definitely an upgrade on someone like Kennedy (who was kind of similar). But he just seemed like a guy that needed to put in more work as a midcarder first. I feel he should have been the grand prix champion and had a series of great matches (where he'd cheat to win) for like 3-6 months building his status and then become the champ.

Before becoming champion he had an okay feud with moose but then was directionless for a couple months then suddenly he wins the strap it just looks random. And why is Chris not scheming to make a move again?
He's Kennedy evolved basically. If Kennedy could cut a promo(and not just to say his name) and could work convincingly he'd be Eli Drake.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

I agree, but they're desperate.

Talent is fleeing like the plague, bruh.

The Champ is supposed to have name recognition outside of the company. That's why I say, Lashley should have had that title glued to him. He's the one guy that they have that's a shoot fighter and has name recognition.

Maybe have EC3 or somebody spell him of the title every once in a while, but to have guys like Eddie Edwards and that other skinny cac beating Lashley was retarded as fukk.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
They got new people from The Crash and AAA coming in every week, damn near most of LU's roster is in TNA. They went with Drake because people wanted them to have someone who became a star in TNA.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They got new people from The Crash and AAA coming in every week, damn near most of LU's roster is in TNA. They went with Drake because people wanted them to have someone who became a star in TNA.
Ethan Carter 3 with his boring self would have sufficed. I feel Eli was better served elevating a midcarder title before transitioning. Dude needs to be reigned in a bit, he clearly has capabilities but it's obvious he was an attitude era mark so when he speaks he kind of sounds like a dusted off vynl but not in a good way like a homage. He sounds like a dude who missed his spot and is still rolling out the same shtick regardless what the year is