The Official TNA Discussion Thread

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
That's what - five hours from TO? People will make the trip, I should think. :ehh:

If they move everything up here, I wonder where they'll do regular tapings:ld:

I'd probably go if they had TV tapings in a nice building

I wouldn't drive 5 hours for GFW. I told my friend they might come here, and he was down because he just wanted to chant "Moose", but we're not driving five hours just for Moose :dead:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

@PlayerNinety_Nine @CJ It's in Ottawa. Guess it's cheaper than Toronto.

Wow. You're right, probably cheaper though. Maybe I'll try and schedule an MTL weekend and do BFG on the way home, lol.

Interesting choice of venue:

Aberdeen_Pavilion_Inside.jpg

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Didn't have time to look through the thread so sorry if posted

Bound for Glory headed to Ottawa, Jim Cornette done with Impact

Jim Cornette done with impact

When the word got out that the tapings were being moved to Canada, a number of people in wrestling inquired about the status of Jim Cornette, who has been all over the recent television shows as the head of authority for the promotion.

Cornette hasn't been to Canada for years because he was turned away at the border in 2010 when they ran his record, which included a number of assaults, mostly stemming from incidents involving fights with fans who attacked him while he was a manager at matches in the 80s. He had been going to Canada for years, including his WWF run, with no incident, prior to 2010. When he worked for ROH, he never attended the shows in Toronto.

Because of that, Cornette won't be at the next set of tapings and is done with the promotion, which he said there is no heat over and it's just a matter of circumstances.

Cornette is expected to go into more detail on this on his podcast on Thursday.

GFW officials confirmed his being done yesterday as did Cornette today. Cornette noted that he came to GFW after being called in August by Jeff Jarrett, and the agreement was just to work one set of television tapings to facilitate a few storylines, which were the stripping of the championship from Alberto El Patron and the gauntlet match, the on-screen firing of Bruce Prichard so he could return as a heel manager, and to try and make Anthem Sports & Entertainment babyfaces to the wrestling fans.

After the tapings, he and Jarrett agreed that he would come back for Bound for Glory and for a few days at the next tapings in November. Cornette didn't know his status with Jarrett now out of the company and the company's creative, headed by Scott D'Amore and Sonjay Dutt, said to be more focused on in-ring action and less on authority figure angles.

Cornette hadn't heard from anyone in the company other than Bob Ryder, who told him not to believe what he read on the Internet, and spoke to Dutch Mantell, where he explained with the tapings being done in Canada that he wouldn't be able to appear.

Cornette agreed to come to Nashville and do whatever would be needed on camera to do a storyline exit. Right now there is nothing on the table for it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Didn't have time to look through the thread so sorry if posted

Bound for Glory headed to Ottawa, Jim Cornette done with Impact

Jim Cornette done with impact

When the word got out that the tapings were being moved to Canada, a number of people in wrestling inquired about the status of Jim Cornette, who has been all over the recent television shows as the head of authority for the promotion.

Cornette hasn't been to Canada for years because he was turned away at the border in 2010 when they ran his record, which included a number of assaults, mostly stemming from incidents involving fights with fans who attacked him while he was a manager at matches in the 80s. He had been going to Canada for years, including his WWF run, with no incident, prior to 2010. When he worked for ROH, he never attended the shows in Toronto.

Because of that, Cornette won't be at the next set of tapings and is done with the promotion, which he said there is no heat over and it's just a matter of circumstances.

Cornette is expected to go into more detail on this on his podcast on Thursday.

GFW officials confirmed his being done yesterday as did Cornette today. Cornette noted that he came to GFW after being called in August by Jeff Jarrett, and the agreement was just to work one set of television tapings to facilitate a few storylines, which were the stripping of the championship from Alberto El Patron and the gauntlet match, the on-screen firing of Bruce Prichard so he could return as a heel manager, and to try and make Anthem Sports & Entertainment babyfaces to the wrestling fans.

After the tapings, he and Jarrett agreed that he would come back for Bound for Glory and for a few days at the next tapings in November. Cornette didn't know his status with Jarrett now out of the company and the company's creative, headed by Scott D'Amore and Sonjay Dutt, said to be more focused on in-ring action and less on authority figure angles.

Cornette hadn't heard from anyone in the company other than Bob Ryder, who told him not to believe what he read on the Internet, and spoke to Dutch Mantell, where he explained with the tapings being done in Canada that he wouldn't be able to appear.

Cornette agreed to come to Nashville and do whatever would be needed on camera to do a storyline exit. Right now there is nothing on the table for it.
I understand why Cornette is leaving but this is just a lot of inconsistency in onscreen stuff by having all these people who were in heavy TV rotation for a set of tapings just disappearing by the time they tape new shows.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I understand why Cornette is leaving but this is just a lot of inconsistency in onscreen stuff by having all these people who were in heavy TV rotation for a set of tapings just disappearing by the time they tape new shows.

Right, it's 2017 dude could of made ruleings from his "satellite office" in Louisville like Jack Tunney. Especially if d'amore and Sonjay want stories focused around the wrestling Jim would only be needed like once or twice every six months lol.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Brehs, I went ahead and downloaded a torrent of the Asylum years. VHS rips :mjlol:

Episode 8 has me all kinds of :stopitslime::hhh::picard::wow::scust::gucci::dwillhuh::merchant::skip::martin::why::snoop::pacspit::trash::huhldup::russell::rudy:

I might get it uploaded and give a pre-release release here if you are interested. It's one of the damnedest shows.