The Official TNA Discussion Thread

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Before their Network went t*ts up in a DAY, I managed to download 4 Asylum era shows from July 2002. Yes, the X-Division (and maybe tag division) clearly propped this shyt up, but let's talk about the bulk of the shows actually consisted of.

NWA TNA Weekly PPV 4 7/10/02
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 5 7/17/02
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 6 7/24/02
NWA TNA Weekly PPV 7 7/31/02

Jeff Jarrett is booking himself as an anti-authority bad ass who does what he wants when he wants and beats everyone's ass. AKA Real Ass Stone Cold. Except he's Jeff Jarrett, and all he does is blast people with chairs every week because TNA didn't yet have a guitar budget. He's suspended twice in six weeks and never misses a show. He frequently comes out to shyt on the NWA, Bill Behrens, and whatever "celebrities" are in the front row, like members of the Tennessee Titans.
Jeff+Jarrett+grabs+crotch.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+hits+Harley+Race+with+chair.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+chair+shot+to+Ken+Shamrock.gif

Jeff+Jarrett+fights+with+Tennesee+Titans.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+hits+Tennesse+Titan+with+chair.gif
Jeff+Jarret+swings+chair.gif

Jeff+Jarrett+hits+Bill+Behrens+with+chair.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+hits+Ken+Shamrock+with+chair.gif

Now, this happens to dovetail with TNA's obsession with midgets, as in week 7, Jeff kidnaps a midget, brings him to the ring in a sack, and beats him up until Puppet The Psycho Dwarf (most known for being the midget beating off in the trash can that offered to cum in Goldylocks' mouth, who was then told she had pretty p*ssy lips by the incestuous Dupps in the same segment) PULLS A GUN AND THREATENS TO MURDER HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING ON PPV. Oh, the week the dude jerked off in a trash can had a different midget sexually assault one of the cage dancers to the cheers of the announcers.

Puppet+jerks+off+in+trash+can.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+lariat+to+Midget.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+piledriver+to+midget.gif

Puppet+pulls+gun+on+Jeff+Jarrett.gif
Jeff+Jarrett+hits+puppet+with+chair.gif
Midget+sexually+assaults+dancer.gif

By week seven, Jeff is main eventing in a stretcher match with Scott Hall in a match that featured 8 run ins and 2 ref bumps.

R Truth and The Flying Elvises also have "fukk the NWA, I'm going to do what I want" gimmicks, with Truth coming out every week and insinuating he's being held down by racism, only for another black wrestler to wrestle him and not be down with his shyt. This leads to Ricky Steamboat becoming the new authority figure, and he convinces Ricky that THEY (aka WWE/whites) never treated him right and that's why he never got a WWF Championship match, so Ricky gives him a title match against Ken Shamrock. Truth began whipping and hanging wrestlers with his belt, which led to him trying to kill Norman Smiley's wife, and one week calling Monty Brown an Uncle Tom.
R+Truth+grabs+Norman+Smiley%27s+wife.gif

Speaking of Ken Shamrock, he's only on every other week, gets gassed in 3 minutes, gets heavily booed against Sabu, and doesn't even come out with the NWA Championship most weeks he's on. He's also a tremendous dikkhead to Goldylocks, despite being the face NWA Champion. This is a running them where literally all but like 2-3 people call Goldy a bytch or sexually harass her in every interview, including faces. This builds up to a segment on Disco Inferno's new talk show where she was to expose her breasts, but instead did a female empowerment speech and got booed, then choked out by the tall broad from Tough Enough 1.

There's also an ongoing angle of Brian Christopher blaming Jerry Lawler for being a terrible dad as his reason for turning heel, while also outright saying he tries to pick up high school girls every week. He also seemed to imply that JR/King/Vince have gay threesomes, but never got so far as to actually say it.
Brian+Christopher+lol+face.gif
Brian+Lawler+NO.gif

You also have James Mitchell running around spouting occult nonsense, Don Harris being head of security and doing multiple attacks on talent per show, a Francine vs Jasmine St. Claire/Blue Meanie feud that just dropped completely after 2 weeks, flying guys in from Japan just to have Jeff Jarrett do a run in and Harley Race taking unprotected chair shots at 60, angles and talent just vanishing with no mention from week to week, announcers that respond to every line in promos, ABSURD levels of sexism that even Vince couldn't pull off, Bruce/Kwee Wee taking Truth as an example and demanding to be treated as an equal to women, and more complete and utter fukkery of the highest degree. It's hard to believe TNA made it out of the weekly PPV era, let alone are still around in some form 15 years later.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
@stro we need more of your TNA reviews :blessed:

I would have done more but the site died. And, I shyt you not, I got a serious head cold out of the blue after watching these shows. I'm not saying TNA made me sick, but I went from fine to even cough drops hurting within the day I watched these four shows.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Before their Network went t*ts up in a DAY, I managed to download 4 Asylum era shows from July 2002. Yes, the X-Division (and maybe tag division) clearly propped this shyt up, but let's talk about the bulk of the shows actually consisted of.

Jeff Jarrett is booking himself as an anti-authority bad ass who does what he wants when he wants and beats everyone's ass. AKA Real Ass Stone Cold. Except he's Jeff Jarrett, and all he does is blast people with chairs every week because TNA didn't yet have a guitar budget. He's suspended twice in six weeks and never misses a show. He frequently comes out to shyt on the NWA, Bill Behrens, and whatever "celebrities" are in the front row, like members of the Tennessee Titans.

Now, this happens to dovetail with TNA's obsession with midgets, as in week 7, Jeff kidnaps a midget, brings him to the ring in a sack, and beats him up until Puppet The Psycho Dwarf (most known for being the midget beating off in the trash can that offered to cum in Goldylocks' mouth, who was then told she had pretty p*ssy lips by the incestuous Dupps in the same segment) PULLS A GUN AND THREATENS TO MURDER HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING ON PPV. Oh, the week the dude jerked off in a trash can had a different midget sexually assault one of the cage dancers to the cheers of the announcers.

By week seven, Jeff is main eventing in a stretcher match with Scott Hall in a match that featured 8 run ins and 2 ref bumps.

R Truth and The Flying Elvises also have "fukk the NWA, I'm going to do what I want" gimmicks, with Truth coming out every week and insinuating he's being held down by racism, only for another black wrestler to wrestle him and not be down with his shyt. This leads to Ricky Steamboat becoming the new authority figure, and he convinces Ricky that THEY (aka WWE/whites) never treated him right and that's why he never got a WWF Championship match, so Ricky gives him a title match against Ken Shamrock. Truth began whipping and hanging wrestlers with his belt, which led to him trying to kill Norman Smiley's wife, and one week calling Monty Brown an Uncle Tom.

Speaking of Ken Shamrock, he's only on every other week, gets gassed in 3 minutes, gets heavily booed against Sabu, and doesn't even come out with the NWA Championship most weeks he's on. He's also a tremendous dikkhead to Goldylocks, despite being the face NWA Champion. This is a running them where literally all but like 2-3 people call Goldy a bytch or sexually harass her in every interview, including faces. This builds up to a segment on Disco Inferno's new talk show where she was to expose her breasts, but instead did a female empowerment speech and got booed, then choked out by the tall broad from Tough Enough 1.

There's also an ongoing angle of Brian Christopher blaming Jerry Lawler for being a terrible dad as his reason for turning heel, while also outright saying he tries to pick up high school girls every week. He also seemed to imply that JR/King/Vince have gay threesomes, but never got so far as to actually say it.
Brian+Lawler+NO.gif

You also have James Mitchell running around spouting occult nonsense, Don Harris being head of security and doing multiple attacks on talent per show, a Francine vs Jasmine St. Claire/Blue Meanie feud that just dropped completely after 2 weeks, flying guys in from Japan just to have Jeff Jarrett do a run in and Harley Race taking unprotected chair shots at 60, angles and talent just vanishing with no mention from week to week, announcers that respond to every line in promos, ABSURD levels of sexism that even Vince couldn't pull off, Bruce/Kwee Wee taking Truth as an example and demanding to be treated as an equal to women, and more complete and utter fukkery of the highest degree. It's hard to believe TNA made it out of the weekly PPV era, let alone are still around in some form 15 years later.

Them early NWA-TNA fukkery days were :blessed::lawd::ohlawd::whew:

giphy.gif

Martha

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Brian+Lawler+NO.gif

The early days of TNA were ridiculous but I do have to admit to enjoying all the stuff that they did with R Truth leading up to him becoming champ.
That stuff shyts all over every incarnation the dude has had in WWE.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I would have done more but the site died. And, I shyt you not, I got a serious head cold out of the blue after watching these shows. I'm not saying TNA made me sick, but I went from fine to even cough drops hurting within the day I watched these four shows.
The site didn't die...for some insane reason they were doing QA on a live site and somehow didn't realize it. Once they figured out they had a live site up and people were using it they killed it.
Not a shock that this launch would be as dysfunctional as everything else this company has ever done.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Just pull da plug on this crap fed. The nikkaz that wrote that Death Of WCW book need to get started on the Death Of TNA

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The site didn't die...for some insane reason they were doing QA on a live site and somehow didn't realize it. Once they figured out they had a live site up and people were using it they killed it.
Not a shock that this launch would be as dysfunctional as everything else this company has ever done.
:snoop:
Is that LOLTNA page still frequently updated?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain

Brian+Lawler+NO.gif

Nice reviews shyt had me laughing. You should do more NWA TNA reviews.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Looks like GFW is moving to Toronto @PlayerNinety_Nine @CJ

BOUND FOR GLORY UPDATE | PWInsider.com

The belief among many sources is that Global Force Wrestling is finalizing plans to hold Bound for Glory in Canada, likely the Toronto area. We are told that it was an Anthem Media call, which makes sense as they own GFW now and are based in that area.

The impression I get is that the post-PPV TVs would not be at Universal Studios Orlando, but somewhere in Canada as well. We are told this does not mean that GFW has pulled up stakes at Universal as a TV taping location going forward.

Wonder if they're going to based downtown or run in a cheaper building uptown. As long as they don't run the Ted Reeve Arena (the arena ROH runs every year for the joint NJPW shows), that place fukking sucks

• Dap
Reactions: CJ