The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
I'm pissed it all came full circle with the goddamn Guilty Remnant, far and away the worst part of the show. One of the reasons this season was so great is because we didn't have to look at those mute a$$holes for 30 minutes every week. They aren't compelling. They aren't interesting, and I was hoping they were pushed to the far backburner.
100% Facts

Edit: If there is a season 3, I hope they go into this Austrailia shyt a little bit more :patrice:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
honestly, the second i saw Evie wearing the white at end of last episode i was kinda excited she might blow up or hang. I'm a terrible person, but fukk her. Then as that whole "suspenseful" countdown was going on, i knew goddamn well nothing serious was gonna happen, and i REALLY wanted her to accidentally catch a bullet or something. The GR suck, but they aren't terrorists.

I think the son was the most interesting character from the neighbor family, but if you told me Kevin and his extended family would open season 3 in a new town, I'd be all for it. Now that the GR has taken over Miracle, I need to get away from that.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
honestly, the second i saw Evie wearing the white at end of last episode i was kinda excited she might blow up or hang. I'm a terrible person, but fukk her. Then as that whole "suspenseful" countdown was going on, i knew goddamn well nothing serious was gonna happen, and i REALLY wanted her to accidentally catch a bullet or something. The GR suck, but they aren't terrorists.
You would think the FEDS or Texas Rangers would show up to help the useless Jarden Park Rangers once they thought the GR had a bomb on the bridge......:whistle:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yea, and then it became an all out shanty town. i guess they never came

like right now, I'd like to be discussing the cool shyt like how Kevin is apparently immortal, or what happened to whats his face and Virgil (why hasn't this guy's name stuck with me? Evie, Erica, and i can't remember the 2 guys' names) but let's be real, there's no point discussing it, b/c they won't explain it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Fargo too.

Last year it had the benefit of airing during the summer, where there are generally less shows airing. It's gotten a lot of love from the critics that still watch it, but the ratings which weren't great to begin with have dropped even further. The people who tapped out on the show last year I don't think came back and with so much airing whether it be TWD, Homeland, new fall shows in general it makes it harder for them to possibly give the show a 2nd chance.
Actually you may be right. From AV club

"Nobody is watching The Leftovers. Like, seriously nobody is watching it.“International Assassin” was beaten in its time slot by an episode of Law And Order: SVU. Not a first-run episode, not a sweeps-month crossover with Chicago [Insert Municipal Service], just a regular old repeat on USA, perhaps an episode where Olivia and Munch have to pose as a married couple to infiltrate a dog-fighting ring or some shyt"

But then again all the best shows are getting low ratings, The Americans. Fargo, Mr Robot, The Knick. :manny:

M.C. LOGIC

Rookie
Daps
You would think the FEDS or Texas Rangers would show up to help the useless Jarden Park Rangers once they thought the GR had a bomb on the bridge......:whistle:

I was thinking the same thing.

Yo, I didn't dig this season as much as the first. The first season was more grounded in reality (except, ya know, the whole departure thing. LOL!). But Lindeloff went all "L O S T" in this season and I fukking love L O S T but yo I really didn't like the spiritual theme for this show. The way the departure/aftermath was presented in the first season, to me it felt real. With every single episode of season 1, while i'd be watching it felt like the departure really happened and I was really engaged in the story. There were some spiritual elements to season 1 but nothing like season 2. Doing things like having Kevin go into limbo and especially the opening scene from the season 2 premier, was almost like trying to explain what happened during the departure but not really. They keep saying they will never explain what happened and I'm totally fine with that because to me it's what the show is about...how the characters dealt with the not-knowing. There was no episode as compelling as the one where we found out about Nora hiring hookers to shoot her or the 1st Matt-centric episode (I will say that this season's Matt-centric episode was pretty good too).

And the season 2 finale was kinda anti-climatic. Wow, they bumrushed the gate. That is nothing compared to how twisted it was to put those body-doubles of the people who departed in the same place that they departed from. That is some sick shyt. This season was emotional but season 1 was heart-wrenching at times. Nora's reaction to seeing replicas of her family at the table...I damn near lost it. I loved the dark tone of season 1 and I appreciate the different take on the concept of the departure (a town where no one departed) but from the opening scene of this season I felt like I wasn't going to like the direction they were going in.

Season 1 - iLLmatic

Season 2 - It Was Written

(Sidenote: didn't the convo that Kevin had with the dude at the karaoke bar seem just like the one Jack had with Ms. Eloise when she was telling him how to get back to the island and Jack was saying how ridiculous her suggestion was)

ShoGun Of Harlem

All Star
Daps
If Miracle actually had legit security with fire arms this episode probably would have been an hour long.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:ohhh:Saw that the finale confirmed Virgil molested Erika not John. Anyone catch what part that happened at?

UPDATE: NVM Michael confirms it when he tells Erika where he was on the porch.

Last edited:

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
I dont think we should be calling Liv Tylers group GR

This bytch does what she wants, and her motives are petty. GR leadership dont even know what shes doing.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I dont think we should be calling Liv Tylers group GR

This bytch does what she wants, and her motives are petty. GR leadership dont even know what shes doing.
even more hardcore splinter cell of GR

her whole turn around from last season threw me off tbh

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's stunning to me that there hasn't been an all out "active shooter" attack on the Guilty Remnant. I thought it would happen after they broke in people's houses and put mannequins of the departed. Some people should have been straight homicidal. In today's sociopolitical climate, there would have been a lot more than a stoning.