The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Crazy ep. Not sure that i like them resurrecting him again and i hate the GR but this was so fukking fascinating to watch

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ld:

Not sure how I feel about this episode, might be changing the way I look at the season and the series as a whole.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Loved this episode :blessed:

That scene with baby Holy Wayne laying alone on the bridge had me tearing up :mjcry: I was thinking at any second some crazy cac was gonna step on her and crush her :mjcry:

John Murphey was such an underrated character this year. Bruh who played him did an excellent job.

With that said, if there is a season 3 I can already see it shaping up to be a repeat of Season 1 with the heavy GR influence in the town :martin:

i've said it a ton of times before and i'll say it again..this show is 100x better without the forced GR plot. Thats what made most of Season 2 so great :ld:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Loved this episode :blessed:

That scene with baby Holy Wayne laying alone on the bridge had me tearing up :mjcry: I was thinking at any second some crazy cac was gonna step on her and crush her :mjcry:

John Murphey was such an underrated character this year. Bruh who played him did an excellent job.

With that said, if there is a season 3 I can already see it shaping up to be a repeat of Season 1 with the heavy GR influence in the town :martin:

i've said it a ton of times before and i'll say it again..this show is 100x better without the forced GR plot. Thats what made most of Season 2 so great :ld:
That was an awesome aerial shot of the baby on the bridge.

And theroux deserves an emmy nomination

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think my favorite part of this episode was seeing how happy the breh Matt was when he saw that Mary woke up again . That dude deserves some happiness :to:
Was a little too predictable for me. The last scene was my favorite. This show does emotion really well. :to:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I think my favorite part of this episode was seeing how happy the breh Matt was when he saw that Mary woke up again . That dude deserves some happiness :to:

Yup, that was definitely good to see. Finally some validation for him after all he has done and went through :mjcry:

Overall I would say I enjoyed this season a lot more than the last one, and felt the finale worked as solid closer if the show doesn't come back. Few shows on TV are able to surprise with such mystery and really nail the emotional moments the characters experience. Which is why I'm mostly on Kevin's wavelength at the end where John said he didn't understand and Kevin replied "Me neither" :yeshrug:.

It took Kevin dying not once but twice, to rid himself of Patti and come to a place where he accepts his family and embraces them :wow:. Homeward bound indeed.

Regina King running across the bridge towards Evie and pleading with her to explain, while Evie sat there emotionless was so powerful. Also the conversation she had with John and she explained why Evie gave him the cricket for his birthday and his response.

I couldn't have a long conversation with Meg, she answers every question with another question or a riddle :mindblown:

I have no idea where they would go for a season 3, but I'm curious to find out. Sepinwall has an interview over at Hitfix with Lindelof discussing the season
Damon Lindelof on 'The Leftovers': 'I'm fighting for the life of the show'

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
What do you mean buried breh?

Amongst the tv crowd this definitely has been the most discussed show of fall

Fargo too.

Last year it had the benefit of airing during the summer, where there are generally less shows airing. It's gotten a lot of love from the critics that still watch it, but the ratings which weren't great to begin with have dropped even further. The people who tapped out on the show last year I don't think came back and with so much airing whether it be TWD, Homeland, new fall shows in general it makes it harder for them to possibly give the show a 2nd chance.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yup, that was definitely good to see. Finally some validation for him after all he has done and went through :mjcry:

Overall I would say I enjoyed this season a lot more than the last one, and felt the finale worked as solid closer if the show doesn't come back. Few shows on TV are able to surprise with such mystery and really nail the emotional moments the characters experience. Which is why I'm mostly on Kevin's wavelength at the end where John said he didn't understand and Kevin replied "Me neither" :yeshrug:.

It took Kevin dying not once but twice, to rid himself of Patti and come to a place where he accepts his family and embraces them :wow:. Homeward bound indeed.

Regina King running across the bridge towards Evie and pleading with her to explain, while Evie sat there emotionless was so powerful. Also the conversation she had with John and she explained why Evie gave him the cricket for his birthday and his response.

I couldn't have a long conversation with Meg, she answers every question with another question or a riddle :mindblown:

I have no idea where they would go for a season 3, but I'm curious to find out. Sepinwall has an interview over at Hitfix with Lindelof discussing the season
Damon Lindelof on 'The Leftovers': 'I'm fighting for the life of the show'
On the real regina king killed it this episode