The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Fargo too.

Last year it had the benefit of airing during the summer, where there are generally less shows airing. It's gotten a lot of love from the critics that still watch it, but the ratings which weren't great to begin with have dropped even further. The people who tapped out on the show last year I don't think came back and with so much airing whether it be TWD, Homeland, new fall shows in general it makes it harder for them to possibly give the show a 2nd chance.

Season 1 was so polarizing these people were probably out regardless. Yea fall was packed but i hated season 1 and the premiere of this season had me all in.

Not shyt else on HBO right now either

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
i need more :mjcry:

i cant even do a review

that ep had me tight the whole way through :lupe:

Miracle got invaded by the GR scum :scusthov:

I don't know how they can continue the story with Kevin from here, i see a cancel coming brehs :sadcam:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hope they get another season because S2 of this show was some of the best TV of 2015.
Loved that Kev got a happy ending with his entire family together and that in his second go round in Limbo he made the right decision and put on his cop uniform.
I wouldn't have been as chill as he was with the guy who shot me though.

Daps
The emotion was there in parts (I guess you could put it down to the acting), yet it was ruined by everything else - honestly too much shyt to list. :manny:

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
shyt was deep. When Regina ran out onto that bridge.:to:Aint no one stopping a black woman. Why no one care about Virgil's death though.:jbhmm:And what's the GR gon do now that they in Jarden? I wanted to see John get his Karma too.

We need a season 3. HBO bout to cancel this shyt though when L&O reruns are beating it in the ratings.:beli:

They still aint explain that cave man shyt at the beginning of the season.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
shyt was deep. When Regina ran out onto that bridge.:to:Aint no one stopping a black woman. Why no one care about Virgil's death though.:jbhmm:And what's the GR gon do now that they in Jarden? I wanted to see John get his Karma too.

We need a season 3. HBO bout to cancel this shyt though when L&O reruns are beating it in the ratings.:beli:

They still aint explain that cave man shyt at the beginning of the season.

prolly wont..I hope they do...

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
prolly wont..I hope they do...
That earthquake at the end before Kevin walked into the house made me think the house collapsed in front of him like the cave collapsing in front of the cave woman. Then it was still there, but for a second I thought they were gonna close the season with a nod to how they opened it.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
That earthquake at the end before Kevin walked into the house made me think the house collapsed in front of him like the cave collapsing in front of the cave woman. Then it was still there, but for a second I thought they were gonna close the season with a nod to how they opened it.

yeah that would have been deep...its a interesting show I must say

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To put it shortly, I had reservations about even watching the show because of Lindelof and the premise.

When he came out and said, "we're never gonna reveal why they disappeared, it's about how people deal with the effects" I gave it a shot.

But then you have the limbo episode, which I enjoyed, partially because it reminded me of an episode of Lost and I kinda had the :francis: because it reminded me of Lost.

A man dies for 8 hours, goes into limbo, meets a guy that just killed himself to be his guide on this journey to remove the voice in his head. So when he died the 2nd time and went back into limbo..... The show started as this character thing but they add stuff that it's just hard to ignore. I can deal with nott knowing how/why the departed left, but when you have someone die twice in 3 episodes with no real explanation :ld:

And I wasn't really a fan of the GR being revealed as the big bad again this year after being away for most of the season, that's one of the reasons most felt this season was an improvement.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
after sleeping on it... fukk that finale. I'm pissed it all came full circle with the goddamn Guilty Remnant, far and away the worst part of the show. One of the reasons this season was so great is because we didn't have to look at those mute a$$holes for 30 minutes every week. They aren't compelling. They aren't interesting, and I was hoping they were pushed to the far backburner. Now if this show gets a season 3 it's definitely gonna be heavy on that bullshyt. Not good.