The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Mary was in the hotel too and she's not dead unless she died while Kevin was poisoned. SHES "brain dead" so her consciousness is trapped there

also, virgil told kevin he would be there to guide him, so its possible kevin just dreamed it.

the metaphors though :ohlawd: kevin coming out of the dirt like regina was talking about the birds :ohlawd: so has it been threee days later? if it was three days later that he was buried in the ground i dont think theres anyway he dreamed it all, like how people think virgil gave him something that makes you look dead for a few hours

thank you lindelof :to:
wait mary was at the hotel? I didn't peep that at all

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ooh I remember that now :wow: show is crazy. It reminded me of total recall where you get to choose the "story line or occupation" for your trip and Arnold picked secret agent
secret agent has no family or responsibilities just gets to travel the world like neal said

remember season 1 finale kevin said he wanted to leave his family

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Season 1 was a fukking snooze fest that made 1 million people not come back for season 2. Just look at the numbers. We tryna put people back on the show breh, not turn them off.

List of The Leftovers episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SKIP SEASON 1
Season 1 didn't air in the fall and run against The Walking Dead and Sunday Night Football so that has to be taken into account.

Theres a good chance this will be cancelled at the end of the season so I would hold iut on watching this if i were you
:dead:@ just blatantly making shyt up. :aicmon:What are you basing that on? Don't say numbers, because we all know HBO will stick with a good show even if it doesn't do numbers. Critics love this show.

Yeah, I'm sticking to he was dead because even if he was "alive" and dreamed up everything, he would have suffocated while being buried for however long.

And I did see Marry in there... maybe if Kevin ends up back in there he can help her.
:lupe:
Did they actually show Mary's face? I thought she was turning away just as Kevin looked at her.

Daps
Whats the metaphor behind those that drink the water and those that don't? I figure it has to do with surrendering your previous life somehow?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats the metaphor behind those that drink the water and those that don't? I figure it has to do with surrendering your previous life somehow?
Matelda explains to Dante that the water flowing through the terrestrial paradise derives from a single, divine source but moves in two directions, thus forming the river Lethe to one side (left) and the river Eunoe to the other (right) (28.121-33). Dante, however, later needs to be reminded of this when he thinks the parting rivers are the Tigris and Euphrates, which flow through Eden in the account of Genesis 2:10 (33.112-23). For the river Lethe, Dante draws on the classical tradition, according to which souls of the dead drink Lethe's waters to forget their previous life before passing into a new earthly existence.