The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the best episodes of TV this season.

Matt had me dying when he was frying up those nasty ass frozen burritos. I loved how they dragged out the scene to show the progression of his wearing patience. He's hella
f u c k e d up and rude for having that bright ass screen and webcam all up in Mary's face for all those nights.

Everyone knew Matt was going to catch one to the dome. He was high off the Good Lord and got caught lacking once again. I do believe that Mary woke up and did all that Matt said but I do believe that he imagined her talking the second time in the car. I have zero explanation for the Spanish (?) cat at the Visitor's Center reiterating word for word what Mary said and I'm not tripping over it.

The f u c k e r y is strong this episode and I was speechless for the second half until it's end. Simply amazing television. I don't know who is making these decisions but the rotation and exploration of the different characters is refreshing without feeling hackneyed.

They need to stop showing dudes' penises. That's not the wave.

I wonder if the actress who portrays Mary clowns on the set? I would f u c k with all my co stars by talking when they don't expect. Or making faces and s h i t just because. I commend her because sitting still like that must be annoying as hell.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
This is literally the most what the fukk show I've ever seen. shyt is weird :dahell:

And I love every second of it :banderas:

except the seconds of dikk on my TV screen :francis:

Its basically Lost but with the past mistakes learned :troll:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
To punish himself for raping his wife. He thought they couldn't conceive so he shot up the club. :ufdup:
I believe that his wife woke up and they had consensual sex then she went back to her catatonic state.
Dude is just constantly punishing himself for all sorts of reasons, real and imagined, that started long before he came to this town in Texas and this is just a continuation of it.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
If he aint rape her why he put himself in the repent seat? I know it wasnt just to set the other dude free.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Good ep but why does this show always make peen a focal point? :dahell:

You gotta squint to see titties in the background

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If he aint rape her why he put himself in the repent seat? I know it wasnt just to set the other dude free.
Matt thinks that God isn't letting Mary come back to him because of some failings on Matt's part (coupled with the fact that God was already unhappy enough with Matt that he didn't Rapture him and caused the accident that put Mary in her catatonic state) so his not going back into town and taking the guys spot on the stockade is all a part of Matt's attempts to prove to God that he is worthy of the miracle of Mary's restoration.

Daps
I believe that his wife woke up and they had consensual sex then she went back to her catatonic state.
Dude is just constantly punishing himself for all sorts of reasons, real and imagined, that started long before he came to this town in Texas and this is just a continuation of it.
I think that vision of his wife 'talking' to him during the attack (while he was concussed and regaining consciousness), actually gives credence to the fact she never woke up at all.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think that vision of his wife 'talking' to him during the attack (while he was concussed and regaining consciousness), actually gives credence to the fact she never woke up at all.
Not really...because the Spanish dude at the intake with Matt and Mary telling Matt the same line Mary used in Matt's "vision" about having to get Mary back inside the city or the baby will die makes it just as likely that Mary woke up again.