The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
What is up with the goats ? Are they sacrificing goats for Satan ?

People are superstitious and do the same thing they did the day of the disappearance. That guy randomly showed up and sacrificed a goat at the restaurant that day and has done it every day since.

Daps
Bruh I was watching the scene as I was writing my post...the camera was only hazy when matt first woke up. After that it was perfectly clear including when Mary was speaking the second time.
Maybe you should hit up OnDemand and refresh your memory.
I don't need to hit up OnDemand, I've got the file on my laptop (how do you think I got the screenshots?) and have watched the scene at least 10x. I'll reiterate - there are FIVE shots in total in which we hear her voice - THREE in which we see/hear her. First one is the out of focus low angle shot of the clouds [She says "Matt"). Second one is an out of focus POV shot ["Matt we have to hurry, you have to get us back in"]. This was to establish that he wasn't in a complete coherent state and that it was a 'vision". Third one is an over the shoulder shot looking back at Matt ["He won't last out here"]; he can't believe his eyes as to what's happening, which sets up the next scene as if his brain has convinced himself it's actually happening. Fourth one is a close up shot which is in focus ["I'm going to lose the baby Matt"]. Fifth one is again in focus as Matt thinks what he's seeing is real ["Please Matt get us back in"]. Then we we cut to Matt picking himself up off the ground, collecting himself as he approaches the car to see that Mary has barely moved and is still in a catatonic state.

That's exactly how the scene (shots of her speaking) played out, shot for shot, word for word. Those out of focus shots are the first ones where we see and hear her speak, leading us to believe she didn't actually wake up. It was just a vision from Matt. I mean if that wasn't evident enough, surely the rest of the episode was. It alluded to her NOT actually waking up at all - the day-to-day routine of him watching the tape through the night and preparing her for the day and going to bed - she doesn't show any signs at all of waking up. There's a three day span in fast forward in which we see Matt do this. The scan, the news of hearing about the baby, the scuffle, the oar incident, her nearly drowning from when they tried to break into Miracle and him leaving her. She doesn't wake up once.

After all those traumatic things happen to her, it's kind of strange that the only time we see her 'wake up' is when Matt fell unconscious isn't it? Point is, we can not trust Matt's POV and ideology because it isn't based on any actual perceptive reality, it's purely based on his beliefs.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
This show man :wow: great episode

Next episode tho
where did Nora go?? Did Kevin do something to her?? :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Episode was kinda weak :patrice:

Can somebody explain to me why Nora broke their window and how the wife knew it was her

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps

Can somebody explain to me why Nora broke their window and how the wife knew it was her
No clue but if I had to guess, she's offended or feels like they are setting her up to feel guilty/blame since they had just moved in when they went missing or she feels like they have ruined what was supposed to be a perfect getaway for them...

i see a slightly compelling arguement that every one of the characters is looking for someone to blame... but they know deep deep down they are the cause of the ppl departing?

:mjlol: nikka idk.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot

First of all:camby:. The whole hour was entertaining and that last 10 mins was powerful. Regina got the Emmy.
And that last part was Karma breh. As soon as the ghost told her :ufdup:She gets a stone thrown at her.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Catching some interesting theories online that its possible that Erika hears voices too :patrice:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Catching some interesting theories online that its possible that Erika hears voices too :patrice:

What evidence has there been that, that could be happening?

This episode did answer why she was putting birds in the box and who was leaving the pies on the door. The old black man in the trailer is family to the Murphys (maybe Erika's dad) and was the person who John shot and ended up going to prison.

Sepinwall does a good job of breaking down what was going on with Nora in this episode
Review: On 'The Leftovers,' is anyone to blame for their loved ones' departures?

Mainly being that looking at Erika is too much like looking in the mirror and everything she moved to Jarden to try and escape from.

Tommy missing :lupe:. I bet it is from all those hugs he is giving away now making him sick and Laurie blames herself for putting him up to do it.

I wonder why Patti didn't want Kevin to tell Nora that she has been seeing her. It seemed like she was adamant about getting him to acknowledge her existence.

Highlight of the episode was easily the duel between Nora/Erika at the end with the camera getting closer and closer to their faces :wow: