The Official The Leftovers Season 2 Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Matt doesn't seem like that type of guy to me but my girl thinks he raped her too and thats why he took dudes spot on that thing at the end

Im not buying it though.Until proven otherwise im gonna keep believing she woke up and willingly gave Matt the guts

I wonder whey he put himself on the rack at the end...

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Explain breh,i want to hear your theory
I believe the lake disappeared in order to prevent Kevin from killing himself :yeshrug:
I believe the girls were in the lake swimming when the water went away so they departed.
I'm also starting to kind of believe another theory floating around there that the lake water is what kept Jarden safe from the initial departures :ehhh:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I believe the lake disappeared in order to prevent Kevin from killing himself :yeshrug:
I believe the girls were in the lake swimming when the water went away so they departed.
I'm also starting to kind of believe another theory floating around there that the lake water is what kept Jarden safe from the initial departures :ehhh:

But wasn't the keys in the car with the ignition on.....and doors locked?

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Kevin Carroll is a really good fukking actor.

Kermit the frog looking muh fukka made it :mjcry:
Been catching a lot of talk online saying dude has been a villian this year. But i really thought breh was genuinely trying to help Matt with a valid excuse for why ole girl was pregnant. Cause you know them church folks would of been talkin :mjpls:

Daps
Yeah this episode was kinda meh. First one that felt like filler this season. I feel like they could've condensed all the Matt shyt into 30 minutes and ended the episode on a more eventful note. The actor who plays matt is really good though. The hell is up with hitting that fat dude and saying Brian? Is there some biblical reference there?
It's just him grieving/penance for feeling guilty - the same with all those other vagabonds and everyone else that's been affected by the departure. The whole Nora asking thots to shoot her thing was tacky enough; to then have another ambiguous run to illustrate how folk are coping and overlapping it with Matt's false sense of martyrdom is Lindelof :troll:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
another Australia reference i found online from this episode :lupe: I bet thats were we will be heading next year
YnCk7gY.jpg

Daps
Matt doesn't seem like that type of guy to me but my girl thinks he raped her too and thats why he took dudes spot on that thing at the end

Im not buying it though.Until proven otherwise im gonna keep believing she woke up and willingly gave Matt the guts

I wonder whey he put himself on the rack at the end...
Because it's all in his character. He views himself as some sort of martyr - which is playing on the religious/reverend trope. He's willing to punish himself for the 'greater good' (for his wife and child, in this case) and atonement, in order to prove to John and like minded folk that he is who he says he is. Matt has spoken about God's message/plan - he developed leukemia because he was "jealous" of all the attention Nora received and responsibility for his parents death. And of course the "departed" sinners.

Placing himself in the stocks is a self-inflicted act he believes can save himself and his family.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Wondering if that scene with Evie and her friends running in the forest actually happened post departure in an alternate reality :lupe:
definitely possible. didn't think about that :lupe: what if the people who were left behind on earth are the ones who are damned, since earth is seen as a sort of purgatory :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!