The Official "The Affair" Thread

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Elvin got titties. :to:

:russ: same shyt. when he came on screen i was like, "damn that nikka look like elvin from the cosby show...except he got old and let himself go :russ: " then i check the imdb credits and see it really is.

i thought it was a great season finale. can someone tell me what the rules are on spoiler tags the film room? @hexagram23 or @Jax ? how many hours/days after an episode has aired should people continue to use the spoiler tags for?

anyway...i thought the finale was pretty great. my ONLY complaint is that they didnt actually WRAP anything up from season 1.

we dont know how scotty died. if it was a murder or an accident.
we dont even know if scotty is dead. we saw a funeral, but i dont remember seeing a body.
we dont know what mcnulty was arrested for. the detective just said, "you're under arrest" he didnt say for what.
we dont know what pacey was doing when his son died. we know he was supposed to be watching him and he was distracted somehow. thats obviously important.
we dont know what happened at the train station when alison, mcnulty, and pacey were all there. all we know is she didnt stay with any of them.

i dunno, i always feel like there has to be some kind of conclusion at the end of a season. you cant leave EVERYTHING on a cliffhanger. the show definitely picked up towards the end of the season as well. the first 5 or 6 episodes i thought were pretty weak. but the last 3 or 4 episodes were very good.

also LOVED the fact that mcnultys wife called that bytch allison out for staring at her husband. EVERY fukkIN SCENE allison is in shes always staring at some body. she just stares at people with a dumb look on her face and ugly duck lips. i always say in my head, "stop staring at people you weird ass bytch wtf is wrong with you" so when i heard mcnultys wife say it i busted up laughing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russ: same shyt. when he came on screen i was like, "damn that nikka look like elvin from the cosby show...except he got old and let himself go :russ: " then i check the imdb credits and see it really is.

i thought it was a great season finale. can someone tell me what the rules are on spoiler tags the film room? @hexagram23 or @Jax ? how many hours/days after an episode has aired should people continue to use the spoiler tags for?

anyway...i thought the finale was pretty great. my ONLY complaint is that they didnt actually WRAP anything up from season 1.

we dont know how scotty died. if it was a murder or an accident.
we dont even know if scotty is dead. we saw a funeral, but i dont remember seeing a body.
we dont know what mcnulty was arrested for. the detective just said, "you're under arrest" he didnt say for what.
we dont know what pacey was doing when his son died. we know he was supposed to be watching him and he was distracted somehow. thats obviously important.
we dont know what happened at the train station when alison, mcnulty, and pacey were all there. all we know is she didnt stay with any of them.

i dunno, i always feel like there has to be some kind of conclusion at the end of a season. you cant leave EVERYTHING on a cliffhanger. the show definitely picked up towards the end of the season as well. the first 5 or 6 episodes i thought were pretty weak. but the last 3 or 4 episodes were very good.

also LOVED the fact that mcnultys wife called that bytch allison out for staring at her husband. EVERY fukkIN SCENE allison is in shes always staring at some body. she just stares at people with a dumb look on her face and ugly duck lips. i always say in my head, "stop staring at people you weird ass bytch wtf is wrong with you" so when i heard mcnultys wife say it i busted up laughing.

Anything after the episode airs is fair game but if you want to be a gentleman and a scholar you can wait a little while and use spoiler tags. That's what most people do.

Fred.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Anything after the episode airs is fair game but if you want to be a gentleman and a scholar you can wait a little while and use spoiler tags. That's what most people do.

Fred.

thanks for the response.

my personal rule of thumb is 24 hours after the episode airs...that has more to do with the fact that i usually dont watch an episode til the day after it airs anyway.

i guess at the end of the day the onus of responsibility is on the viewer. if you know something aired and you dont want the episode spoiled, then common sense should tell you to stay out of the thread until youve watched the episode. i couldnt be mad at people talking about an episode as it airs or immediately after it airs if I'm the one that decided to go thru the thread.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
How far r u in this?

Thought noahs half of the finale was excellent. Alisons got a lil shaky

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
good thing these dudes gettin a second season cuz i woulda been hella pissed with that finale....it was good to see alison and noah wind up together and have a kid (noah dont shoot blanks at all do he :heh:) but the way he just left his wife after that moment was fuuuuuuuukd up.....dude pull a gun on your wife and child and yet u wanna console the side chick over your daughter :dahell:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How far r u in this?

Thought noahs half of the finale was excellent. Alisons got a lil shaky

Still on ep 3 due to the holidays and all kinds of shyt.

Fred.