The Official "The Affair" Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Noah knocking down that hot swimmer from the premiere :takedat:. He got busted by the janitor, but ended up being what he needed to finish his book. Tells his publisher he doesn't miss his wife, wife pleads for him to come home even after finding out about the D he was throwing. Get married bruhs :wow:

He must be paid if he's tossing around 20K like that, that detective has been on his ass. When he heard the bribe on the tape :banderas:

Not sure how to feel about the two vastly different endings, in Noah's case he is justified in beating Scotty's ass. When he came down like Mom did you get rid of her :shaq2:, I was :mjlol:. In Allison's version, she talks her husband down from shooting her lover or himself :heh:. She must have that :ohlawd: for Noah to leave his wife and Pacey ready to go see his son.

Overall though, I'm not sure the show is for me. It had some good elements, but I'm not sure I'm compelled to come back to the mystery. From that final scene it looked like Noah maybe covering up for something Allison did though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
really enjoyed this season

the finale reminded me of gone girl for some reason.

the 2 sides were so insanely different and the time jump at the end

:mindblown:

let's just hope they don't pull a Homeland/The Killing by not wrapping up this story in 1 season.

It never ends well and I'm getting strong "rosie larsen" vibes about this whole scotty thing.

but i love these actors and performances so i'll stick with it.

I do agree with the sentiment from the AV club review

"Can a season finale be totally frustrating, almost completely let down the season that came before it, and yet still somehow manage to be immensely entertaining despite those issues? Well, the season one finale of The Affair manages to be exactly that. It’s a maddening, frustrating, soapy, compelling, occasionally hilarious, entertaining mess, and I somehow equally loved and hated it at the same time. Hey, at least it wasn’t boring."

Last edited:

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Finale was frustrating as fukk and really stupid at times

dreskii

Pro
Daps
really enjoyed this episode except I DIDNT REALISE IT WAS THE FINALE.

alisons weird accent is sexy as fukk

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps

This shyt is confusing as hell

Did Allison's bro in law get merked by Noah or her?

And why did he try to bribe the mechanic?

I'm lost :snoop:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

This shyt is confusing as hell

Did Allison's bro in law get merked by Noah or her?

And why did he try to bribe the mechanic?

I'm lost :snoop:

My gut says Allison somehow will end up being the one, just because Noah seems obvious with Tommy knocking up his daughter and him already being arrested for the crime. Plus when the cops came, she was like I'll get you out of this situation and he looked like he wasn't sure if he could trust her.

I'm going to assume that Noah's car was damaged somehow, used in the Tommy murder and Noah had to call the mechanic to retrieve it. Didn't want cop to know about it, hence the bribe.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
finale was :ohlawd:

Noahs whole section was great,Maura Tierney deserves an emmy nod for this season. Shes been killing every scene shes in.

Pacey waving the gun around was tense as fukk :lupe:

I do wish they had made the season 12 episodes and just wrapped up the story. New characters for season 2. It just never ends well in tv when they try to stretch out story lines.

But either way Im on board and cant wait for season 2 to sart.

I give the first season a 8/10

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
finale was :ohlawd:

Noahs whole section was great,Maura Tierney deserves an emmy nod for this season. Shes been killing every scene shes in.

Pacey waving the gun around was tense as fukk :lupe:

I do wish they had made the season 12 episodes and just wrapped up the story. New characters for season 2. It just never ends well in tv when they try to stretch out story lines.

But either way Im on board and cant wait for season 2 to sart.

I give the first season a 8/10
Is it definitely new characters for season 2? I think they could pull off another season with Noah and Allison. The murder hasn't been solved, we don't know how they got back together, etc.

edit: Nevermind, I read that wrong. You didn't mean there are new characters for season 2. I understand now

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Is it definitely new characters for season 2? I think they could pull off another season with Noah and Allison. The murder hasn't been solved, we don't know how they got back together, etc.

The story characters with Noah and Allison for season 2. I think dude you quoted was saying he wished they wrapped up the story w/them in the 1st season and started with new characters for season 2.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The story characters with Noah and Allison for season 2. I think dude you quoted was saying he wished they wrapped up the story w/them in the 1st season and started with new characters for season 2.
ah word, that makes sense. I read that shyt wrong

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

edit: Nevermind, I read that wrong. You didn't mean there are new characters for season 2. I understand now
yeah no same characters.

BUT. I was reading an interview with writer of the show or showrunner I cant recall which lol. They said next season they are expanding on the perspective story telling and including other characters.I think pacey was one of them. Could be interesting.