The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You ignored my point entirely and I have no other option but to question why…?

:wtb:

It’s called being the deuteragonist and your being obtuse to fit your agenda. Show me a SF4 poster where Abel is the main focus or Ken is in SF2, Alex is the only one who got the main spotlight.

Ryu has and always will be the main character. Does SF need more black characters, yea, but let’s not front. Majority of those blonde characters are legacy characters y’all wanted back.

PS Arkhaives at Midnight is trash.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Luke look like he has a scars in his face now and ryu has the old man muscles.

I'm assuming this place either right before 3rd strike or right after sf3

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You ignored my point entirely and I have no other option but to question why…?

:wtb:

that they add new blondes in every game? sure, but so far only one has been the poster child and it was the worst received one. most of the blondes in 5 were preexisting characters

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
that they add new blondes in every game? sure, but so far only one has been the poster child and it was the worst received one. most of the blondes in 5 were preexisting characters
It’s called being the deuteragonist and your being obtuse to fit your agenda. Show me a SF4 poster where Abel is the main focus or Ken is in SF2, Alex is the only one who got the main spotlight.

Ryu has and always will be the main character. Does SF need more black characters, yea, but let’s not front. Majority of those blonde characters are legacy characters y’all wanted back.

PS Arkhaives at Midnight is trash.
Holy fcking sht, how can you be so particular about my words and then so careless about yours!? :snoop: God fcking damn. Why do you think I literally mean boy on the poster:pachaha:wtf. First you start off by knowing exactly what I’m talking about but say deuteragonist like that undermines anything I’m saying. Then you take posterboy literally as if posterboy means posterboy literally. Then you switch your focus to main character :bryan: after you already said deuteragonist

Niqqas talking about posters I’m talking about rosters. Y’all wanna get into that? The point is, game after game they routinely use they blue eyed blonde haired characters to sell the game. Ryu is consistent but there’s a carousel of Cacs with the aesthetic of the time to entice a cac audience. This has deliberately been the direction for 5 decades now. That doesnt raise any suspicions? :rudy:
The fact there is such a legacy to draw upon so many characters that look the same that you’d probably have the same number of representatives if they were chosen at random is an issue. It’s not nature, it’s a design choice.

Not even going to address Ryu himself looking white because other brehs already brought it up. White men on Twitter even mentioning it.

And you a confirmed hater too! ARKHAIVES is flames :pacspit:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Holy fcking sht, how can you be so particular about my words and then so careless about yours!? :snoop: God fcking damn. Why do you think I literally mean boy on the poster:pachaha:wtf. First you start off by knowing exactly what I’m talking about but say deuteragonist like that undermines anything I’m saying. Then you take posterboy literally as if posterboy means posterboy literally. Then you switch your focus to main character :bryan: after you already said deuteragonist

Niqqas talking about posters I’m talking about rosters. Y’all wanna get into that? The point is, game after game they routinely use they blue eyed blonde haired characters to sell the game. Ryu is consistent but there’s a carousel of Cacs with the aesthetic of the time to entice a cac audience. This has deliberately been the direction for 5 decades now. That doesnt raise any suspicions? :rudy:
The fact there is such a legacy to draw upon so many characters that look the same that you’d probably have the same number of representatives if they were chosen at random is an issue. It’s not nature, it’s a design choice.

Not even going to address Ryu himself looking white because other brehs already brought it up. White men on Twitter even mentioning it.

And you a confirmed hater too! ARKHAIVES is flames :pacspit:

Wow now I know you’re a Dhalsim player that level of reach is unreal. When has Ryu ever looked Japanese?

Just ignore the fact that the majority of blonde characters were legacy characters wanted by the fans. Luke literally beat Akuma as the most popular character, so what does that say about demographics. The Japanese has fetishized the blonde character for decades & they are going to go with the biggest demographic. Damn near 30% of the top 30 fighters in that popularity poll from Capcom is blonde.

Character Popularity Poll | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

Do I agree with it? No. They definitely need more fully realized black characters, but y’all would be happy with monolithic lazy designs like King Cobra so there’s no appeasing you.

If you were really upset you wouldn’t be in this thread. You’d be in showing your support for KoF & Strive as they got Nago, Giovanna, Isla, Dolores & Kukri, but it’s easier to bytch.

As for Arkhaives dude is straight trash pumping out lazy analysis read from the wikis and tying to it hypebeast aesthetic. Dude had a 15 min video talking about Gief and only spent 30 secs on the inspiration and the cultural climate around that character.

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Street-Fighter-6-1314x739.jpg

That new SF logo screams "We ESports now, for real for real" :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some of y’all like some old bytches in here about a game y’all will never play. :what: It’s no wonder Arcadium is the WOAT forum.

Imagine going into a Curren$y thread to bytch about Curren$y not sounding or looking like Wiz Khalifa.

You got people praising SF3 when I remember 3 was hated on for its characters designs. The home release wasnt moving any units and I have all three on Dreamcast.

Seriously nostalgia with y’all is too much in here.

Wow now I know you’re a Dhalsim player that level of reach is unreal. When has Ryu ever looked Japanese?

Just ignore the fact that the majority of blonde characters were legacy characters wanted by the fans. Luke literally beat Akuma as the most popular character, so what does that say about demographics. The Japanese has fetishized the blonde character for decades & they are going to go with the biggest demographic. Damn near 30% of the top 30 fighters in that popularity poll from Capcom is blonde.

Character Popularity Poll | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

Do I agree with it? No. They definitely need more fully realized black characters, but y’all would be happy with monolithic lazy designs like King Cobra so there’s no appeasing you.

If you were really upset you wouldn’t be in this thread. You’d be in showing your support for KoF & Strive as they got Nago, Giovanna, Isla, Dolores & Kukri, but it’s easier to bytch.

As for Arkhaives dude is straight trash pumping out lazy analysis read from the wikis and tying to it hypebeast aesthetic. Dude had a 15 min video talking about Gief and only spent 30 secs on the inspiration and the cultural climate around that character.

You're doing way too much. The announcement JUST happened, but we shouldn't be "bytching" (discussing what we saw)? Look at yourself. You gave me all sorts of hate for saying it’s lost some charm. Apparently I'm not the only one. Slow down.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You're doing way too much. The announcement JUST happened, but we shouldn't be "bytching" (discussing what we saw)? Look at yourself. You gave me all sorts of hate for saying it’s lost some charm. Apparently I'm not the only one. Slow down.

Bruh there’s discussion and whining like a bytch and they know who they are. If you talking about that other thread I came at you correct. You had opinions rooted in some logic, but y’all can’t let the past go or afraid of change.

Look through this thread you got people in here saying SF is dead or Capcom has lost their way. Maximilian did the same shyt and MvCi dead on arrival.

Anyway I’m done here cause like I said majority here ain’t really about fighting games.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Bruh there’s discussion and whining like a bytch and they know who they are. If you talking about that other thread I came at you correct. You had opinions rooted in some logic, but y’all can’t let the past go or afraid of change.

Look through this thread you got people in here saying SF is dead or Capcom has lost their way. Maximilian did the same shyt and MvCi dead on arrival.

Anyway I’m done here cause like I said majority here ain’t really about fighting games.
I agree with your second paragraph, you're just overdoing it like some of them are. Not worth it.