The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Manon users still going to struggle. Her super art 2 got fixed so it doesn’t drop and that’s about it. I saw her medium kick target combo got more “inertia” out of Drive Rush but you are rarely going to use neutral DR with Manon in the first place.

Kim & Lily didn’t get nothing at all.

Major update will be with Akuma in a couple of months.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Manon users still going to struggle. Her super art 2 got fixed so it doesn’t drop and that’s about it. I saw her medium kick target combo got more “inertia” out of Drive Rush but you are rarely going to use neutral DR with Manon in the first place.

Kim & Lily didn’t get nothing at all.

Major update will be with Akuma in a couple of months.
Ill be honest, i’ll on the sidelines playing tekken until Akuma or Balrog :hubie:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The balance patch doesn't really move the needle it seems. JP took a pretty decent hit (happy about that so people can whine a little less) but the buffs to jamie and ryu aren't enough to make people pick them up.

Luke is still going to run rampant all over the game

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
I've gotten Kimberly and Lily to mid Plat, and now I'm starting to work on learning DeeJay.. How fortuitous that he wasn't hit with any nerfs:mjgrin:
It will be nice to finally play as a high tier character.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Ill be honest, i’ll on the sidelines playing tekken until Akuma or Balrog :hubie:
Can’t see Balrog coming back, at least not for a few years.

Akuma going to be a problem though. I can already see drive rush into raging demon or modern controls raging demon.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Good conversation in here, I'd like to chime in.

I honestly think Capcom will have to step up now for the player base. A lot of hype went into this tournament being the first $1 million FGC event.

Some casual player will now lose interest and satisfying the player base will be what determines if they can sustain the game longterm.

It's time to bring in some better characters at a quicker rate. That Luke spam and throw loops last night weren't moving the needle.

This is natural for fighting games. But It's coming at the right time, that's why Akuma is dropping right before EVO which is always the peak for every fighting game. Don't expect the content to speed up IMO, games development everywhere is just a bit different now. They flat out told us it takes them a year to conceptualize, test then implement a new character. Quarterly releases are the only thing that make sense right now. Unless they go ham.

What made them up the ante to 1 million this year? Was it because the Saudis sprinkled their pocket money in that Riyadh event last year and the bar was raised for the big events?

From afar, it seemed that Luke, Ken, JP all took turns being spammed this first year in events.
Not really the Saudis. More so that people had a feeling that this would be a banner year for the FGC, and they made fukk YOU money off the Monster Hunter games. On top of that the last two Resident Evil games over performed, IIRC. And if I'm not mistaken this prize pool was announced before Gamers8 so they I don't think that factored in.
In the grand scheme, a Milly coming out of the marketing budget and going towards something that automatically gives them good will and sustains the pro scene is ultimately good.

I'm guessing a some point a wave of characters will be something like the four bosses Balrog/Vega/Sagat/Bison.
Then hoping they drop an additional four on top of it such as Ibuki/Menat/C. Viper/Makoto

Of course new characters as well.

Edit:
Usually when a game has a major tournament there is a big increase in people playing the game the next day. It's crazy how SF6 is still in 3rd place right now. I think new character introductions need to happen ASAP.

Tekken 8 has the benefit of being new, pretty easy to play and watchable. But once a couple more months go by and we see the TWT pool nowhere near CPT then it'll taper off. Even Tekken said they are doing character releases quarterly. MK has ALWAYS been the most mainstream fighting game, and that's not gonna change anytime soon. But their attachment rate for DLC I think is pretty poor, so they don't retain players anywhere near as much as SF or Tekken do.
I checked last week and there were more people playing MK 11 than MK1. It's not doing great. That's why they are doing a free weekend in March, not even 6 months after release. That's pretty damning.

Street Fighter doesn’t hold the weight it does with casuals anymore like it once did. The game just occupies this weird space where it’s the FGC players fighting game. Due to Capcom’s design philosophy “character design above all else” things like Manon’s face, Luke’s forearms, & Kimberly’s forehead off put a lot of people. Whereas Tekken is definitely running with pure style and drip and MK with the realism/gore, so they are just more easily accessible. (I’m not talking about gameplay/mechanics)

As for characters I’m over the 4 Heavenly Kings, we already know Bison is coming. I’d rather see Capcom try to tie more universes to bring in more legacy characters, Slam Masters Scorpion for SF. Returning characters I’d prefer G, Menat, Zeku even necalli, they killed the character designs in V definitely better than 4’s newcomers.

MK is the ONLY casual fighting game. Period. Fighting games are already niche. For Capcom, it always made the money it needed to make. But now with SF6 they've done REALLY well with the launch and made a game that people like playing. This Tekken is amazing and I'm really happy it's good, but since their DLC calendar is the same, and since online is MUCH harder in Tekken than in SF, I'd assume (like it tends to do) that Tekken will taper off in a few months.

On the character tip, you're way off. The new characters in V besides G and Menat were pretty panned. Laura only really popped off because she was eye candy and iDom made her famous. But Necalli was constantly voted the worst character in the game. Zeku isn't coming back because Kimberly is the Bushin style fighter and FANG's been replaced by AKI. Meanwhile, Juri is top 5 popular character in the entire series. People STILL shout for C. Viper to come back and Decapre was a decent take on the Bison Dolls. Even Hakan got play at the top level by Infiltration.

But you're right in assuming SF is the "the FGC's fighting game" it's because if you learn SF you've basically learned all 2d fighters.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is natural for fighting games. But It's coming at the right time, that's why Akuma is dropping right before EVO which is always the peak for every fighting game. Don't expect the content to speed up IMO, games development everywhere is just a bit different now. They flat out told us it takes them a year to conceptualize, test then implement a new character. Quarterly releases are the only thing that make sense right now. Unless they go ham.

Not really the Saudis. More so that people had a feeling that this would be a banner year for the FGC, and they made fukk YOU money off the Monster Hunter games. On top of that the last two Resident Evil games over performed, IIRC. And if I'm not mistaken this prize pool was announced before Gamers8 so they I don't think that factored in.
In the grand scheme, a Milly coming out of the marketing budget and going towards something that automatically gives them good will and sustains the pro scene is ultimately good.

Tekken 8 has the benefit of being new, pretty easy to play and watchable. But once a couple more months go by and we see the TWT pool nowhere near CPT then it'll taper off. Even Tekken said they are doing character releases quarterly. MK has ALWAYS been the most mainstream fighting game, and that's not gonna change anytime soon. But their attachment rate for DLC I think is pretty poor, so they don't retain players anywhere near as much as SF or Tekken do.
I checked last week and there were more people playing MK 11 than MK1. It's not doing great. That's why they are doing a free weekend in March, not even 6 months after release. That's pretty damning.

MK is the ONLY casual fighting game. Period. Fighting games are already niche. For Capcom, it always made the money it needed to make. But now with SF6 they've done REALLY well with the launch and made a game that people like playing. This Tekken is amazing and I'm really happy it's good, but since their DLC calendar is the same, and since online is MUCH harder in Tekken than in SF, I'd assume (like it tends to do) that Tekken will taper off in a few months.

On the character tip, you're way off. The new characters in V besides G and Menat were pretty panned. Laura only really popped off because she was eye candy and iDom made her famous. But Necalli was constantly voted the worst character in the game. Zeku isn't coming back because Kimberly is the Bushin style fighter and FANG's been replaced by AKI. Meanwhile, Juri is top 5 popular character in the entire series. People STILL shout for C. Viper to come back and Decapre was a decent take on the Bison Dolls. Even Hakan got play at the top level by Infiltration.

But you're right in assuming SF is the "the FGC's fighting game" it's because if you learn SF you've basically learned all 2d fighters.
Facts

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

I agree with most of what said but Bruh you way off on the characters.

Design wise aesthetically and playstyle wise SFV has the best lineup since alpha 3.

Laura was top tier in seasons 2 & 3 with her st.mk abuse. At that time wolfkrone was the player everyone was associating with Laura.

G a great call back to Q and who pushed the story forward. Plus he had an amazing kit.

Necalli highly played and was damn near unstoppable until he got his legs clipped. The only reason he’s voted the WOAT is because the story handled him.

Zeku isn’t bushin anymore he’s stance character or he could get the Ed treatment and his tool kit could be strider only.

As for FANG I liked him but I know the rest of the world hated him so :yeshrug:

Comparing 4 to 5 it’s not even close in terms of newcomers. Juri and to a lesser extent C. Viper were the obvious standout amongst that roster. El Fuerte :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Any character can comeback it all depends on who fits in 6’s mechanics and if they’re kit is an evolution of that character.