The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Breh I’m gonna respectfully ask you to break down the “design” for Kolin, Rashid, Lucia, and FANG and why they are bad.

Kolin: Uninspired design wise. In SF3 her existence was only to show of the CPS-3 and the fact sprites didn't have to be mirrored. Then they made her Russian and gave her Ice powers, because of course, and dressed her in snow clothes. Now don't get me wrong I know SF is all about it's cultural stereotypes, but that one was lazy. But at least she plays well.

Rashid: I gave you this one he's decent. And making him more happy go luck as opposed to stoic Arab man like Shaheen.

Lucia: She's a knock off Blaze from Streets of Rage. Her cop motif + how she plays are disjointed IMO. I can't look at her and go "fire kick girl". Seems off.

FANG: Come on man....

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JP players already with the propaganda and bullshyt actually like that nikka got shot in the knees:mjlol:

The amount of double talk and gaslighting I've had to navigate these past two days:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucia is from Final Fight so I'm not sure I'd count her but for sake of argument I'll bite.. Rashid is pretty cool, and Ed's design in V was terrible, but we all knew he'd be coming back for sure. Same with Luke (who by Nakayama's own admission is a guest character in V and not really a V character.)

So that leaves Menat, G, Laura, Necali, Falke, Kolin, FANG, and Zeku (again iffy on if I'd even count him but sure)

Menat, G & Laura are undeniable design AND gameplay wins. Necali, FANG, Lucia, Falke and Abigail are duds both gameplay and design wise. Rashid, Kolin and Ed had good gameplay cover up blah design.

Meanwhile, in IV I can say Rufus is the only out and out fail in both design and gameplay. Meanwhile, Abel, Seth, Hakan and El Fuerte cover their weird or uninspired design with actually good gameplay. While Juri is undoubtedly more popular than all of these characters, C. Viper I'd say is more popular than all of V's characters barring G and Menat and Decapre is charge Cammy. I'd put Gouken and Zeku on same level of they don't really speak to me, but I can't call it "bad".

For V to have 13 new characters vs. IV's 9, they didn't do any better.
I don't exactly know why y'all discussing 4 vs 5 newcomers but fukk it I'll bite:pachaha:

I agree with Menat and G being great design wise. Especially Menat. It'll be a shame if they never revisit that character. FANG is well designed but one of the least Street Fighter characters to ever be in a Street Fighter so I understand why he wouldn't resonate with most players. Falke is a great design and I'd prefer Capcom push her over Ed

I'm surprised you downplayed Zeku because he's honestly the best designed Bushin character Capcom has made. Zeku was so well designed that Kimberly ended up being a disappointment for me and makes me believe that whatever they have planned for Guy will be underwhelming if he returns

As far as 4 I like a few of the new characters but there are some asterisks. Rufus was Yun with different special moves. I love El Fuerte but he was a direct copy paste of Ramon from KOF. DIRECT copy and paste breh:mjlol:. Abel :russell: . Viper was amazing. Hakan was an amazing design and he had a vskill before skills existed

Again I don't know how this debate started but if I had to choose between the two I'd say 5 had the better cast of new characters. 5 actually doesn't get the credit it deserves for how well designed the cast is, especially their dedication to making characters play faithful to their origins in other games

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While we at it I i understand nikkas are about to be on a deserved hate wave for him but SF6 Rashid is an incredibly well designed character:wow: The complexity of his wind mechanic makes me wonder where tf was all this creativity when they made dry ass Lily:dahell:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I don't exactly know why y'all discussing 4 vs 5 newcomers but fukk it I'll bite:pachaha:

I agree with Menat and G being great design wise. Especially Menat. It'll be a shame if they never revisit that character. FANG is well designed but one of the least Street Fighter characters to ever be in a Street Fighter so I understand why he wouldn't resonate with most players. Falke is a great design and I'd prefer Capcom push her over Ed

I'm surprised you downplayed Zeku because he's honestly the best designed Bushin character Capcom has made. Zeku was so well designed that Kimberly ended up being a disappointment for me and makes me believe that whatever they have planned for Guy will be underwhelming if he returns

As far as 4 I like a few of the new characters but there are some asterisks. Rufus was Yun with different special moves. I love El Fuerte but he was a direct copy paste of Ramon from KOF. DIRECT copy and paste breh:mjlol:. Abel :russell: . Viper was amazing. Hakan was an amazing design and he had a vskill before skills existed

Again I don't know how this debate started but if I had to choose between the two I'd say 5 had the better cast of new characters. 5 actually doesn't get the credit it deserves for how well designed the cast is, especially their dedication to making characters play faithful to their origins in other games

I can't stand V in general so I'm biased and I'll admit it. SF6 Rashid is 10000% better both in look and in gameplay imo. I really like how they reimagined him.

To me Kim is the best designed Bushin character now to be honest. She has all of the Bushin hallmarks (Run, 1-2-3-4 target combo, Izuna drop) and they all have her specific spin on them in addition to her own gimmicks. She's great. Zeku to me was too bloated. The whole old/young stance thing to me was kinda dumb and overly complicated. Zeku is New Coke when the OG flavor was more than enough.

Either way, I think SF6's new characters clear both games besides Menat and Juri. Jamie is pretty great. Aki, Manon and Marisa are all fantastic and completely their own characters (even if AKI is just female FANG) and JP got sauce but I'm soooooo happy he's been nerfed.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't stand V in general so I'm biased and I'll admit it. SF6 Rashid is 10000% better both in look and in gameplay imo. I really like how they reimagined him.

To me Kim is the best designed Bushin character now to be honest. She has all of the Bushin hallmarks (Run, 1-2-3-4 target combo, Izuna drop) and they all have her specific spin on them in addition to her own gimmicks. She's great. Zeku to me was too bloated. The whole old/young stance thing to me was kinda dumb and overly complicated. Zeku is New Coke when the OG flavor was more than enough.

Either way, I think SF6's new characters clear both games besides Menat and Juri. Jamie is pretty great. Aki, Manon and Marisa are all fantastic and completely their own characters (even if AKI is just female FANG) and JP got sauce but I'm soooooo happy he's been nerfed.
One man's overcomplicated is another man's fun:wow: I don't understand how nikkas can see saucing between teo stances and not get hype:wow:

And honestly I don't think Zeku is any more complicated than Viper in terms of execution. They both do similar things:manny:

I have a love hate relationship with Street Fighter 6 character design that I'll address in a different post I've been thinking on but too lazy to type out:mjlol: But yea the good designs in SF6 are great

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
One man's overcomplicated is another man's fun:wow: I don't understand how nikkas can see saucing between teo stances and not get hype:wow:

And honestly I don't think Zeku is any more complicated than Viper in terms of execution. They both do similar things:manny:

I have a love hate relationship with Street Fighter 6 character design that I'll address in a different post I've been thinking on but too lazy to type out:mjlol: But yea the good designs in SF6 are great

I never liked stance characters. It's part of why I don't play Lei, Hworang or none of them.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Did Ed's trials last night. Some of those are nasty to hit. Hopefully there will be easier, more practical combos in matches, because a lot of them are not happening in most matches. Some don't even hurt for the effort. He's kinda interesting, but I'm still waiting for Akuma.:francis:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
After being off and on with the game, went ahead and got Manon to master :wow:

Interested to try out Ed but he’s very unorthodox but I guess that’s the point. Honestly Ryu is where I might be leaning. :patrice:

Even before this patch I thought he was underrated. He does too much damage to be considered low tier and now he’s even better.

Speaking of characters, you see the amount of love and detail they put into them but going from 6 characters per pass to 4 is a drop off:francis:

They need to make sure the DLC is on point moving forward. Rashid, AKI and this updated version of Ed are cool but Akuma is what every one is waiting on.

With season 2 let’s have multiple characters people are hyped about. :ufdup:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SF6 has the best new comers as a whole outside of 3rd strike and alpha series.

SF4 and 5 new comers are all clown show characters besides c viper and juri.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yall may already have your own shyt going on by now, but I made a Street Fighter channel in the Arcadium Discord so people can link up across platforms

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'd love if they brought Menat back, but with more pure puppet mechanics like a Ms. Fortune from Skull Girls.