The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The AUDACITY for you to type that with a straight face when Rufus exists. I’m not even gonna mention Abel or Seth.
Viper, Juri, Hakan alone are better than V's newcomers. The only ones I'd be okay seeing again are Ed and G, and Ed's back already. Laura maybe but I'd rather see Sean

The rest of them ain't all that. Seth is a better boss character than necalli. Abel is a better 2nd protag than Luke, pretty sure no one wants to see abigail again, menat is annoying, akira isnt even from that game, so on and so forth

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I agree with most of what said but Bruh you way off on the characters.

Design wise aesthetically and playstyle wise SFV has the best lineup since alpha 3.

Laura was top tier in seasons 2 & 3 with her st.mk abuse. At that time wolfkrone was the player everyone was associating with Laura.

G a great call back to Q and who pushed the story forward. Plus he had an amazing kit.

Necalli highly played and was damn near unstoppable until he got his legs clipped. The only reason he’s voted the WOAT is because the story handled him.

Zeku isn’t bushin anymore he’s stance character or he could get the Ed treatment and his tool kit could be strider only.

As for FANG I liked him but I know the rest of the world hated him so :yeshrug:

Comparing 4 to 5 it’s not even close in terms of newcomers. Juri and to a lesser extent C. Viper were the obvious standout amongst that roster. El Fuerte :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Any character can comeback it all depends on who fits in 6’s mechanics and if they’re kit is an evolution of that character.

Canonically it makes no sense for Zeku to return considering Guy is grand master of Bushin-Ryu now. But even still he's Bushinryu. Necalli was bad gameplay wise and lore wise, no one liked him. The entire V-Trigger system was made with him in mind and it still didn't work.

I'll give you Laura, she was my pocket pick after Karin. But the rest? Nah. And also Japan LOVES El Fuerte. And gameplay wise there's still not a character that plays like him. There's not one SFV character I'd consider an all time great.

Meanwhile, Juri is top tier, C. Viper is still goated, Seth became one of the top picks in the game AFTER him too and El Fuetre still unique. In the first year of IV, Abel was very represented at the top levels. The only complete swing and miss in IV was Rufus.

All of 6's newcomers are more unique than V's. I can see ALL of them coming back because people actually like them and they all get play. V's newcomers besides Menat and G got binned, fam. Even G had people scratching their heads till the got their hands on him.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Viper, Juri, Hakan alone are better than V's newcomers. The only ones I'd be okay seeing again are Ed and G, and Ed's back already. Laura maybe but I'd rather see Sean

The rest of them ain't all that. Seth is a better boss character than necalli. Abel is a better 2nd protag than Luke, pretty sure no one wants to see abigail again, menat is annoying, akira isnt even from that game, so on and so forth

Viper is just SNK reject and even Capcom doesn’t know what to do with her. Juri stole her spot as the female rep for 4. Hakan feels like Capcom devs just trying to put fukkery in one character.

EDIT: Necalli isn’t the boss of SFV it’s G.

Canonically it makes no sense for Zeku to return considering Guy is grand master of Bushin-Ryu now. But even still he's Bushinryu. Necalli was bad gameplay wise and lore wise, no one liked him. The entire V-Trigger system was made with him in mind and it still didn't work.

I'll give you Laura, she was my pocket pick after Karin. But the rest? Nah. And also Japan LOVES El Fuerte. And gameplay wise there's still not a character that plays like him. There's not one SFV character I'd consider an all time great.

Meanwhile, Juri is top tier, C. Viper is still goated, Seth became one of the top picks in the game AFTER him too and El Fuetre still unique. In the first year of IV, Abel was very represented at the top levels. The only complete swing and miss in IV was Rufus.

All of 6's newcomers are more unique than V's. I can see ALL of them coming back because people actually like them and they all get play. V's newcomers besides Menat and G got binned, fam. Even G had people scratching their heads till the got their hands on him.

Imma need to see receipts on the El Fuerte love, him and Viper both ranked low on character usage. Zeku hasnt been Bunshin canonically since Alpha 3, and to discount him is to say we can’t have Ken cause Ryu exists. People constantly shytted on Ed but all throughout the life of V he was one of the more popular characters.

Necalli won CapCup and was nightmare in the hands of Phemon. I know those 5 command grabs keep Daigo up at night.

I’ll concede 6>5 but even Capcom knows those designs for 4 were lazy. How does SF3 have more representation than 4 ever had. Especially when SF3 was hated for long time.

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
With Juri already in, the only other character from 4 I can see coming back is C.Viper.

I think the newcomers in 6 are better than both 4 & 5, but I’ll take the new characters from 5 over 4.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
4's characters have more hits than 5's easily

Hmmm

Rufus
El Fuerte
Abel
C.Viper
Juri
Decapre
Hakan
Gouken

vs

Laura
Rashid
Necalli
FANG
Ed
Falke
Lucia
Luke
G
Kolin
Menat
Zeku

Yeah I'm rolling with 5 easily breh. I don't like any character 4 except Viper. In 5 I like Zeku, Kolin, Menat, Rashid and Laura.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I'm really liking ED think I'm kind of getting the hang of him I'm surprised I got platinum 5 right off the bat with him.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Agreed except I loved Abigail.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Capcom hasn't had a character hit like Juri since. That alone should put 4 over 5 and 6 in terms of newcomers. Hell even 3rd strike didn't produce a Juri.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm

Rufus
El Fuerte
Abel
C.Viper
Juri
Decapre
Hakan
Gouken

vs

Laura
Rashid
Necalli
FANG
Ed
Falke
Lucia
Luke
G
Kolin
Menat
Zeku

Yeah I'm rolling with 5 easily breh. I don't like any character 4 except Viper. In 5 I like Zeku, Kolin, Menat, Rashid and Laura.

Lucia is from Final Fight so I'm not sure I'd count her but for sake of argument I'll bite.. Rashid is pretty cool, and Ed's design in V was terrible, but we all knew he'd be coming back for sure. Same with Luke (who by Nakayama's own admission is a guest character in V and not really a V character.)

So that leaves Menat, G, Laura, Necali, Falke, Kolin, FANG, and Zeku (again iffy on if I'd even count him but sure)

Menat, G & Laura are undeniable design AND gameplay wins. Necali, FANG, Lucia, Falke and Abigail are duds both gameplay and design wise. Rashid, Kolin and Ed had good gameplay cover up blah design.

Meanwhile, in IV I can say Rufus is the only out and out fail in both design and gameplay. Meanwhile, Abel, Seth, Hakan and El Fuerte cover their weird or uninspired design with actually good gameplay. While Juri is undoubtedly more popular than all of these characters, C. Viper I'd say is more popular than all of V's characters barring G and Menat and Decapre is charge Cammy. I'd put Gouken and Zeku on same level of they don't really speak to me, but I can't call it "bad".

For V to have 13 new characters vs. IV's 9, they didn't do any better.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Lucia is from Final Fight so I'm not sure I'd count her but for sake of argument I'll bite.. Rashid is pretty cool, and Ed's design in V was terrible, but we all knew he'd be coming back for sure. Same with Luke (who by Nakayama's own admission is a guest character in V and not really a V character.)

So that leaves Menat, G, Laura, Necali, Falke, Kolin, FANG, and Zeku (again iffy on if I'd even count him but sure)

Menat, G & Laura are undeniable design AND gameplay wins. Necali, FANG, Lucia, Falke and Abigail are duds both gameplay and design wise. Rashid, Kolin and Ed had good gameplay cover up blah design.

Meanwhile, in IV I can say Rufus is the only out and out fail in both design and gameplay. Meanwhile, Abel, Seth, Hakan and El Fuerte cover their weird or uninspired design with actually good gameplay. While Juri is undoubtedly more popular than all of these characters, C. Viper I'd say is more popular than all of V's characters barring G and Menat and Decapre is charge Cammy. I'd put Gouken and Zeku on same level of they don't really speak to me, but I can't call it "bad".

Breh I’m gonna respectfully ask you to break down the “design” for Kolin, Rashid, Lucia, and FANG and why they are bad.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I've been playing fighting games since I was 4 years old. I'm 34. I never in a million years ever thought I'd see anyone refer to El Fuerte as a good gameplay design. I've seen it all now and can officially retire comfortably once I'm married.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I've been playing fighting games since I was 4 years old. I'm 34. I never in a million years ever thought I'd see anyone refer to El Fuerte as a good gameplay design. I've seen it all now and can officially retire comfortably once I'm married.

I'm playing fast and loose with "good" I'll be honest. I don't like him that much personally. More like "unique in a good way."