The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's enough shyt in this game ESPECIALLY when cornered that you can lose track of it. Definitely when you're looking for something else: a drive rush, a dragonlash, a throw, a projectile, a jump, a dash, a poke, a teleport, a blanka short hop, a jamie sneaking a drink, etc etc. This game from an offensive standpoint overwhelms at times and defensively, you're not going to react to each of these options with the same response or even the same response time.

It's great when someone is cornered and is burnt out with no super meter and you can guarantee the the stun. It's great to surprise someone with every once in a while for the wallsplat. especially if you clock their reactions. It's great on some of the specific hard reads that i mentioned previously.

but all in all, when people are aware of it being on the table, it's a 26 frame move that can't be cancelled out of that loses to super, parry, throw, a well timed OD move, some chars' parry, a jump (pick a direction) and itself, with a 35 frame recovery on whiff in a game with punish counters. Hell, a mf can throw out a special cancellable move, see that you've committed to a DI, and then cancel into their own if they can react. That ain't good to me, it just works within the system. It's not something you can just throw out and be okay with like a focus cancel. At earlier levels it can be used as a crutch but it's a weak foundation for sf6 starting out and will continue to be worse as lower level people level up

I don't think wakeup super is good either, but it has it's uses as well. Top players in the world get hit with those too, it's part of the game

The best players in the world aren't immune to any of these things and imo, it's not a good nor complete method to determine whether the mechanic is good or not
This is exactly what I mean when I say SF nikkas are going through a mental stack crisis:russ:

It's no coincidence that it's common for nikkas to take breaks after a while because the game is mentally tiring. That's no different than muscle conditioning, and like muscles, the brain adapts to the increased input

Whether nikkas like the game, mechanics, mental stack or not, it is making nikkas better at resource management and pattern recognition

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You get it. You gotta realize you trying to explain this shyt to bro who doesnt wven really play the game. Once you start hitting that 1600-1800 bracket shyt gets real and the smallest mistake is like welp guess Ill die then and thats fine but Im not really feeling me throwing out a fukking jab, on oki, and it getting pp and lol now youre cornered and get ran down. Its dumb. Getting punish counter off of a parried jab :dead: even when I do it Im like this is some stupid shyt

Is it by definition random, no. But were not using the literal def of random and fg never has in context of fgs. Bro playing dumb using semantics to try to lil bro nikkas on knowledge. Its type weird.
I'm not trying to lil bro anybody you just sensitive as hell:mjlol:

If I thought nikkas was stupid I wouldn't even be in this thread

And through that nikka still won't define random while telling me I'm playing semantics. Like I haven't asked multiple times. It ain't a trick question

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'm not trying to lil bro anybody you just sensitive as hell:mjlol:

If I thought nikkas was stupid I wouldn't even be in this thread

And through that nikka still won't define random while telling me I'm playing semantics. Like I haven't asked multiple times. It ain't a trick question
Not only are you the greatest fighting game mind the coli has ever seen, you also moonlight as a psychiatrist. Renaissance man :wow:

real talk let it go I already told you several times what I mean by random. You want to be right so bad you got it. I dont really care any more.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not only are you the greatest fighting game mind the coli has ever seen, you also moonlight as a psychiatrist. Renaissance man :wow:

real talk let it go I already told you several times what I mean by random. You want to be right so bad you got it. I dont really care any more.
:manny:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

If we being honest if you two had a podcast just talking FGC shyt, I’d listen to it. :ehh:

I wouldn’t pay to support y’all or anything, but I’d recommend it. Couldn’t be worse than Eventscrubs.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You get it. You gotta realize you trying to explain this shyt to bro who doesnt wven really play the game. Once you start hitting that 1600-1800 bracket shyt gets real and the smallest mistake is like welp guess Ill die then and thats fine but Im not really feeling me throwing out a fukking jab, on oki, and it getting pp and lol now youre cornered and get ran down. Its dumb. Getting punish counter off of a parried jab :dead: even when I do it Im like this is some stupid shyt

Is it by definition random, no. But were not using the literal def of random and fg never has in context of fgs. Bro playing dumb using semantics to try to lil bro nikkas on knowledge. Its type weird.

Yeah, it's too strong at the level we're at and above. I've started parrying a lot more/fishing for PP because...why not? Worst comes to worst, I'm safe. Best comes to best, I'm putting you to the wall, carrying you across the screen, taking your drive meter and amping up mine, etc.

Nobody's saying PP is perfect (:mjlol:) and "y'all just don't get it" aint gonna cut it:mjlol:

The dispute is nikkas definition, or lack thereof, of "random", especially when it's being invoked in a vacuum and dismissing the context of the games mechanics in application. Y'all still can't even define these terms y'all throw around. What is random? What is honest neutral? Etc

Nikkas will do rock/rock/paper two times in a row, then think they're being slick when they throw in rock/scissors/rock, then cry random when it doesn't work.

Nikkas egos too big. It's never "I lost that interaction" it's "I did the smart thing and you did a dumb thing because I got hit" How come it's never you just got hard read or got your bullshyt challenged?

Again nikkas will scream random 20 times before they ever admit they were predictable once

I could have sworn I just read you say you don't like parry yourself, so why are you responding to me about this? I agree with Aveda that you be too pressed to try and argue and lil bro people.

If you are a competent player you know exactly what we mean by "random". I can't stand nikkas who be focused super hard on technicalities and semantics. Reminds me of Noah Lyles goofy ass having a problem with NBA Champions calling themselves World Champions because the NBA is an American League :pachaha:

I think people stanning PP'ing aren't good enough to understand how dumb it is. I stand on that :manny:

shyt is too strong. It's a deterrent for the game's stronger stuff as well, so it might be a necessary evil, but I still think something can be done to reign it in a little bit from where it is now while still having it be effective

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Yeah, it's too strong at the level we're at and above. I've started parrying a lot more/fishing for PP because...why not? Worst comes to worst, I'm safe. Best comes to best, I'm putting you to the wall, carrying you across the screen, taking your drive meter and amping up mine, etc.

I could have sworn I just read you say you don't like parry yourself, so why are you responding to me about this? I agree with Aveda that you be too pressed to try and argue and lil bro people.

If you are a competent player you know exactly what we mean by "random". I can't stand nikkas who be focused super hard on technicalities and semantics. Reminds me of Noah Lyles goofy ass having a problem with NBA Champions calling themselves World Champions because the NBA is an American League :pachaha:

I think people stanning PP'ing aren't good enough to understand how dumb it is. I stand on that :manny:

shyt is too strong. It's a deterrent for the game's stronger stuff as well, so it might be a necessary evil, but I still think something can be done to reign it in a little bit from where it is now while still having it be effective

Not a bad post but if you wanna get on the podcast we’re gonna need to see more passion from you. :ufdup:

:troll:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My dislike of parry differs from yours:manny: it's the reason I don't really like 3S but in the context of SF6 I see it's utility as a necessary evil, which is why I keep harping on context. If it were up to me I'd probably just remove regular parry and let nikkas get blown the fukk up if they mistime PP. I'm all about nikkas suffering horribly for their mistakes

And I love how any nikka disagreeing with your views on PP can't possibly comprehend the game, despite nikkas clearly understanding and responding to your points, but I'm the one trying to lil bro nikkas?:mjlol: I haven't done anything remotely close to saying nikkas "just ain't good enough to get it". Again I haven't insulted anyone I'm going directly at nikkas points and y'all projecting other shyt from it

And again nikkas STILL can't define random:dead: I'm not being pedantic explain it to me like I'm 5 years old I don't give a shyt:mjlol: but every time I legitimately ask nikkas hit the "You know what I mean". Let's just assume I'm stupid and don't know a single thing about fgs. What is random?

Then when y'all describe these "random" situations and nikkas go " :patrice: that ain't really random it sounds like you're being predictable in that situation " nikkas just don't get it:mjlol:

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My dislike of parry differs from yours:manny: it's the reason I don't really like 3S but in the context of SF6 I see it's utility as a necessary evil, which is why I keep harping on context. If it were up to me I'd probably just remove regular parry and let nikkas get blown the fukk up if they mistime PP. I'm all about nikkas suffering horribly for their mistakes

And I love how any nikka disagreeing with your views on PP can't possibly comprehend the game, despite nikkas clearly understanding and responding to your points, but I'm the one trying to lil bro nikkas?:mjlol: I haven't done anything remotely close to saying nikkas "just ain't good enough to get it". Again I haven't insulted anyone I'm going directly at nikkas points and y'all projecting other shyt from it

And again nikkas STILL can't define random:dead: I'm not being pedantic explain it to me like I'm 5 years old I don't give a shyt:mjlol: but every time I legitimately ask nikkas hit the "You know what I mean". Let's just assume I'm stupid and don't know a single thing about fgs. What is random?

Then when y'all describe these "random" situations and nikkas go " :patrice: that ain't really random it sounds like you're being predictable in that situation " nikkas just don't get it:mjlol:

The problem with nikkas like you is you're so pressed to argue that you're not even reading what people are saying and processing it before responding. I clearly laid out my issue with PP multiple times, in detail, painted scenarios, highlighted my own experiences, and why it is "random". Aveda did the same.

Attempting to PP is safe from anywhere but point blank range, costs little meter and is basically just metered blocking, so there is no real reason not to press it at times in the middle of neutral in hopes that PP activates and you are rewarded. It is a low risk, low cost mechanic that inevitably leads to volatility due to its nature. That is why it is being called "Random". It is not random in a literal since like Faust's item toss in Guilty Gear, or Mr. G&W's forward special in Smash, but the instability it promotes due to how powerful and safe it is.

You're a know it all who needs to be heard and feels you always have to be right, this is obvious. It's even evident in you using that bold ass text and dying on the hill of semantics and technicalities of words rather than actually attempting to read and comprehend. I also think you're used to being(or thinking you are) the only nikka here who plays fighting games forreal and understands it on a deeper level.

It's obvious you're just a contentious and annoying person in general, which is why you immediately hopped on my dikk when I started posting here. Two things that come to mind was...

1) You questioning me saying the power levels in this game are extremely high with half the roster being strong and tournament winning capable. I remember responding and highlighting that JP, Ken, Deejay, Cammy, Chun Li, Blanka, Luke, Marisa, Guile, and Juri (safe to say Rashid can be added to list now) are all powerful as fukk, with the rest of the roster all having some sauce as well. You ain't reply though :manny: but you on my dikk about defining random in a way that is pleasing to you.

2) You questioning me saying the game has a good balance, which is obvious going by the results. Not only have the 10 characters highlighted above who are better than everyone else won major events/tournaments, but characters beneath them such as Ryu, Kimberly, Zangief, Lily, and Dhalsim have too. I think Honda, Manon and Jamie are the only 3 characters who haven't won a tournament of significance as of this post. That's really good, especially for the first iteration of a game.

Ain't nothing I said was controversial in the least and are things most people playing the game would co-sign.

It's weird that you're even on this forum conversing about a game you play "two or three times a month." nikka that means you've played the shyt like 8 times. You fixing to be the next Yipes, Jammerz or Sajam? You getting your analytical skills up in preparation for commentary? The fukk you even doing here other than being an irritant?

And yeah, I stand on what I said: because I believe it. PP is OP and if nikkas can't see that they aren't good enough to comprehend its issues and/or just happen to enjoy overpowered, unbalanced mechanics. Pick one. :manny:

Not about to be fake humble about it. I'm not a throw stones and hide hands type of dude. That sounds like you more than anything because you are clearly abrasive and extra but then be playing stupid when you're called out for it.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Dudes just don't like being called out, and being parried or PP in this case, is the biggest call-out regardless of what the game is.

Oh trust me, I'm perfectly fine being called out as long as...

Wait, lemme get my O.Red on

...as long as if when said call out is incorrect there is some type of risk/punishment involved.

That's the fun of call outs. Yeah that wake up DP was unsafe as fukk, but I knew your ass wasn't about to block, so I did that shyt and was right.

BUTTTTT if I was wrong, I'm losing 40-60% of my life.

That's when call outs are fun and interesting, not a 0/100 risk/reward ratio call out that is only risky up close. Funny part about throw loops is there are people who sit there and complain about them but then say parry is fine as it is. This would be why we ain't game developers :pachaha:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh trust me, I'm perfectly fine being called out as long as...

Wait, lemme get my O.Red on

...as long as if when said call out is incorrect there is some type of risk/punishment involved.

That's the fun of call outs. Yeah that wake up DP was unsafe as fukk, but I knew your ass wasn't about to block, so I did that shyt and was right.

BUTTTTT if I was wrong, I'm losing 40-60% of my life.

That's when call outs are fun and interesting, not a 0/100 risk/reward ratio call out that is only risky up close. Funny part about throw loops is there are people who sit there and complain about them but then say parry is fine as it is. This would be why we ain't game developers :pachaha:
An invincible reversal that has no way to be stopped outside of a bait vs a reversal that can be stopped and punished for 20 percent more damage and loop back into oki...

Idk.

The only reason we get characters as filled kitted as they are is because of the strength of parry.

I think if PP were any weaker we might as well be playing SF5 again. Offense in this game is already mad strong

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with nikkas like you is you're so pressed to argue that you're not even reading what people are saying and processing it before responding. I clearly laid out my issue with PP multiple times, in detail, painted scenarios, highlighted my own experiences, and why it is "random". Aveda did the same.

Attempting to PP is safe from anywhere but point blank range, costs little meter and is basically just metered blocking, so there is no real reason not to press it at times in the middle of neutral in hopes that PP activates and you are rewarded. It is a low risk, low cost mechanic that inevitably leads to volatility due to its nature. That is why it is being called "Random". It is not random in a literal since like Faust's item toss in Guilty Gear, or Mr. G&W's forward special in Smash, but the instability it promotes due to how powerful and safe it is.

You're a know it all who needs to be heard and feels you always have to be right, this is obvious. It's even evident in you using that bold ass text and dying on the hill of semantics and technicalities of words rather than actually attempting to read and comprehend. I also think you're used to being(or thinking) you're the only nikka here who plays fighting games forreal and understands it on a deeper level.

It's obvious you're just a contentious and annoying person in general, which is why you immediately hopped on my dikk when I started posting here. Two things that come to mind was...

1) You questioning me saying the power levels in this game are extremely high with half the roster being strong and tournament winning capable. I remember responding and highlighting that JP, Ken, Deejay, Cammy, Chun Li, Blanka, Luke, Marisa, Guile, and Juri (safe to say Rashid can be added to list now) are all powerful as fukk, with the rest of the roster all having some sauce as well. You ain't reply though :manny: but you on my dikk about defining random in a way that is pleasing to you.

2) You questioning me saying the game has a good balance, which is obvious going by the results. Not only have the 10 characters highlighted above who are better than everyone else won major events/tournaments, but characters beneath them such as Ryu, Kimberly, Zangief, Lily, and Dhalsim have too. I think Honda, Manon and Jamie are the only 3 characters who haven't won a tournament of significance as of this post. That's really good, especially for the first iteration of a game.

Ain't nothing I said was controversial in the least and are things most people playing the game would co-sign.

It's weird that you're even on this forum conversing about a game you play "two or three times a month." nikka that means you've played the shyt like 8 times. You fixing to be the next Yipes, Jammerz or Sajam? You getting your analytical skills up preparation for commentary? The fukk you even doing here other than being an irritant?

And yeah, I stand on what I said: because I believe it. PP is OP and if nikkas can't see that they aren't good enough to comprehend its issues and/or just happen enjoy overpowered, unbalanced mechanics. Pick one. :manny:

Not about to be fake humble about it. I'm not a throw stones and hide hands type of dude. That sounds like you more than anything because you are clearly abrasive and extra but then be playing stupid when you're called out for it.
I never disagreed with anything you just said in the bolded about parry. That still doesn't equal random to me we just not gonna agree on that shyt:manny:

Again I'm the know it all but you getting this wound up about a nikka questioning your opinion:dahell: I don't know what post you're referring to that I didn't reply to, but even with my character balance issues not once did I say the cast can't compete. I don't have anyone below C tier. On your dikk about it? I see posts and respond but cook:mjlol:

Like i said I wouldn't be in this thread if I didn't think nikkas didn't understand fgs on an intermediate level. There are good discussions in here, but "question" some of y'all too much and nikkas bustin out ad homenims and saying nikkas "just don't understand". But I'm the one trying to lil bro nikkas?:pachaha:

I "always have to be right" but you can go pages back and see me overreacting about OD Amnesia:mjlol: I called the shyt broken and realized weeks later how ridiculous that was. My first impression of JP was that he was ass until I understood his midrange. I was wrong as fukk :mjlol: I keep the same energy with myself as the posts i disagree with it's all in this thread what am I hiding?