The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Most of the these other comments, I don't really agree with. DR costing two bars would put limits on combo extensions. To which...do we want saucy shyt in the game or not, cuz this would definitely water down sauce to do so.

Damage reduction...maybe on super easy stuff, but overall, it's whatever to me as is. I like it honestly, especially with variable counter systems in place to add levels to damage.

I do kinda agree with you on the PP in same situations not making as much sense. LIke you saying, PP-ing a jab, seems crazy that some folks can get a fierce button punish from it. There are some times PP still doesn't doesn't net you a free punish of your choice tho and I'm all for more nuance to that. But as is, it's scaled so hard anyways, so outside of positioning and/or getting out of certain death situations, it's doesn't do too much OP levels of things IMO.

Character balance needs 1 year time I think for all fighting games, outside of something crazy busted like Rashid's initial level 2 super was.

Positioning is king in this game. You can go from full health to dying if you end up in the corner getting looped. That situation coming about from a prayer PP off a light is egregious.

Also why ken is bullshyt since he puts u in the corner off every fukking hit

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Positioning is king in this game. You can go from full health to dying if you end up in the corner getting looped. That situation coming about from a prayer PP off a light is egregious.

Also why ken is bullshyt since he puts u in the corner off every fukking hit
I mean, poisitioning is direly important in pretty much any fighting game. The corner is teracherous in this game for sure and some folks ease of getting you there (ahem, Ken) is downright comical. But hey, cats was complaining about losing the corner for Strive, lol. Corner should be oppressive tbh.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean, poisitioning is direly important in pretty much any fighting game. The corner is teracherous in this game for sure and some folks ease of getting you there (ahem, Ken) is downright comical. But hey, cats was complaining about losing the corner for Strive, lol. Corner should be oppressive tbh.

Ironically I never felt too bad in the corner in xrd, marvel, uni, bb etc cuz its so many ways for you too not even be there that if u do get clipped its ur fault. They also have bursts. In this u get corned its tough luck nikka

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ironically I never felt too bad in the corner in xrd, marvel, uni, bb etc cuz its so many ways for you too not even be there that if u do get clipped its ur fault. They also have bursts. In this u get corned its tough luck nikka
Something like burst would be a first to SF. I'd probably be whatever about that being included.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's good, but it's far from unbeatable or broken. Does something have to be terrible or undeniably great in order to be accepted in the FGC? It cancelling some buttons just means you have to consider your offensive approach and your opponents decision making. Or are you talking about input cancelling?

If it's something that can work against the best players in the world, then sure, it's viable. But does something have not be able to work against the best players in the world in order for it not to be considered "scrubby"?
You probably don't care because you use the good, DR abusing teleporting characters that don't have to WORK to get in and do stuff. Play Zangief where your 3 best buttons that can actually stuff DR (not consistently. GJ Capcom) are cold to DI, and tell me you aren't playing a whole new game? shyt isn't fun, and not as skillful as people like to pretend.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You probably don't care because you use the good, DR abusing teleporting characters that don't have to WORK to get in and do stuff. Play Zangief where your 3 best buttons that can actually stuff DR (not consistently. GJ Capcom) are cold to DI, and tell me you aren't playing a whole new game? shyt isn't fun, and not as skillful as people like to pretend.

That's who I play currently and it's the character I've enjoyed playing the second most in the game

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I do need my characters to be mobile.:manny:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I do need my characters to be mobile.:manny:

Yea we know :martin:

kimberly-street_fighter_6.gif

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It wouldn't be as big a deal if the shyt worked right. The tiers in SF6 aren't about tools, it's almost all abuse of the system mechanics, which is lame. Take all the "mechanics" out and force people to play regular 'ol SF and it's a whole different ball game.
So then what ways would you address improving them?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So then what ways would you address improving them?
Start with fixing the input thing above all else, that alone may make things tolerable. Personally, I would:

• Reduce the rampant plus frames overall
  • Reduce damage overall. I've won rounds with 3 SPDs. Gief being so disadvantaged is the only way I don't feel like a scammer.:mjlol:
  • Take away oki from level 2 and 3 supers. Getting put in some ridiculous 55% combo off a light ( :comeon: ) and having them DR right up to you, IN THE CORNER, right off the CA, is garbage. Maybe just putting real scaling on level 3s may work.
  • Reduce or stop throw loops.
  • Increase the cost on raw DR to stop that goofy Ken DR st. Fierce type shyt.
  • Make DR counter not ass. I can respect getting baited for using it wrong, but using it correctly and being so disadvantaged is garbage.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Start with fixing the input thing above all else, that alone may make things tolerable. Personally, I would:

• Reduce the rampant plus frames overall
  • Reduce damage overall. I've won rounds with 3 SPDs. Gief being so disadvantaged is the only way I don't feel like a scammer.:mjlol:
  • Take away oki from level 2 and 3 supers. Getting put in some ridiculous 55% combo off a light ( :comeon: ) and having them DR right up to you, IN THE CORNER, right off the CA, is garbage. Maybe just putting real scaling on level 3s may work.
  • Reduce or stop throw loops.
  • Increase the cost on raw DR to stop that goofy Ken DR st. Fierce type shyt.
  • Make DR counter not ass. I can respect getting baited for using it wrong, but using it correctly and being so disadvantaged is garbage.
  • I think the plus frames could maybe be finely tuned a bit more, whereas every move doesn't get the exact same amount of frame advantage, but that'd possibly make folks feel things are even more inconsistent. As is, I like it's inclusion tho tbh. It actually makes sense to me that momentum would make your moves more advantageous, even if blocked. I'm surprised that I don't believe it's been done in any other fighter before. I could be worng tho.
  • Aye....if someone lands 3 SPDs in this game, they deserved that shyt (death).
  • 55% combo off light? You sure that's not an exaggeration? Lights typically scale pretty heavily. Unles you talking about collective damage from resets n shyt.
  • I'm not a fan of throw loops either, but it is the counter to parries so...
  • I mentioned earlier about the overall gaming functionality cost of increasing raw DR.
  • The last point, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Last edited: