The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mashing parry inbetweens staggers hoping for a PP is random and bummy, yes

Do you even play this shyt, you the most I told you so ass dude in this thread and I have no idea if you are even passable skill or not :patrice:
I told you so? I'm really trying to find out

You always so fukkin wound up nikka relax:dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I told you so? I'm really trying to find out

You always so fukkin wound up nikka relax:dead:

Wound up? Im beyond relaxed.

Just like you trying to find out Im trying to find out if you actually put hours in this. Im at 250 or and that still dwarfs them pros but I have a ton of anecdotal experience and observation to go off. where is ur frame of reference for what tou saying coming from?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Brehs, I'm a casual who hasn't played much since launch

Any Tips to get in a groove without going to Modern controls?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Completely unearned offense with mostly arbitrary means of dealing with them .
Agreed

Focus attack got complaints but it's 99 times better than drive impact. There's not enough armor breaking moves in this game in general, punishing focus attack with armor breaks was a regular occasion, in this game it's rare as shyt

PP complaints are valid specifically because nikkas spam that shyt and get rewarded, it would be different if them shyts were timed legitimately, but they definitely aren't.

I'm not even gonna get started on DR

The game just isn't that fun to play in it's current state, a lot of my SF friends have already gotten tired of playing it

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Agreed

Focus attack got complaints but it's 99 times better than drive impact. There's not enough armor breaking moves in this game in general, punishing focus attack with armor breaks was a regular occasion, in this game it's rare as shyt

PP complaints are valid specifically because nikkas spam that shyt and get rewarded, it would be different if them shyts were timed legitimately, but they definitely aren't.

I'm not even gonna get started on DR

The game just isn't that fun to play in it's current state, a lot of my SF friends have already gotten tired of playing it

Basically. I play it cuz its consistent competition any time I want to play, but I wouldnt call it that fun lol

Its just simply too much braindead nonsense. Even when I win im like I dont deserve that. I had a match at the weekly last week where I landed a prayer jump in to get into grands, and did 60-65% to win and I was just like :mjlol:

nikkas spamming parry aftet their negative buttons :scusthov:

Teleporting Dr like juri/dj :scusthov:

Ken in totality :scusthov:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
made it to master with ryu in like a week, gonna try to take what i know now about the sf6 system and get back to manon. there was a little untapped potential in drive rush juggles and just getting out of the "big plus button" mindset makes me think i can get around her weaknesses more.

on the current topic, iunno man parry is a necessary evil in this game
offense in this game is so strong that i'd argue parry needs to be there to stop autopilot offense, as well as give a mindgame to people who think they're just gonna meaty you to oblivion. Mfs think twice about just hitting strings if you know you can DI one of their gaps (deejays with cr.mp into the backsway followups, dhalsims with arc fireball into slide, manon scoring a knockdown and then doing the meaty overhead kick, etc etc)
its fun grabbing overly happy parry people, esp the people that think they're just gonna parry a cross up attempt
drive impact is way too committal to be good imo. it's got its uses, especially defensively
drive rush is strong but i dont think its incredibly heinous outside of deejay and sometimes Juri. Usually if i can feel it's coming i don't have a problem checking it with a good poke and getting a nice punish off of it

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
made it to master with ryu in like a week, gonna try to take what i know now about the sf6 system and get back to manon. there was a little untapped potential in drive rush juggles and just getting out of the "big plus button" mindset makes me think i can get around her weaknesses more.

on the current topic, iunno man parry is a necessary evil in this game
offense in this game is so strong that i'd argue parry needs to be there to stop autopilot offense, as well as give a mindgame to people who think they're just gonna meaty you to oblivion. Mfs think twice about just hitting strings if you know you can DI one of their gaps (deejays with cr.mp into the backsway followups, dhalsims with arc fireball into slide, manon scoring a knockdown and then doing the meaty overhead kick, etc etc)
its fun grabbing overly happy parry people, esp the people that think they're just gonna parry a cross up attempt
drive impact is way too committal to be good imo. it's got its uses, especially defensively
drive rush is strong but i dont think its incredibly heinous outside of deejay and sometimes Juri. Usually if i can feel it's coming i don't have a problem checking it with a good poke and getting a nice punish off of it

Ive seen DI land on the best players in the world, repeatedly, when cornered. How isnt it good?

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Ive seen DI land on the best players in the world, repeatedly, when cornered. How isnt it good?

There's enough shyt in this game ESPECIALLY when cornered that you can lose track of it. Definitely when you're looking for something else: a drive rush, a dragonlash, a throw, a projectile, a jump, a dash, a poke, a teleport, a blanka short hop, a jamie sneaking a drink, etc etc. This game from an offensive standpoint overwhelms at times and defensively, you're not going to react to each of these options with the same response or even the same response time.

It's great when someone is cornered and is burnt out with no super meter and you can guarantee the the stun. It's great to surprise someone with every once in a while for the wallsplat. especially if you clock their reactions. It's great on some of the specific hard reads that i mentioned previously.

but all in all, when people are aware of it being on the table, it's a 26 frame move that can't be cancelled out of that loses to super, parry, throw, a well timed OD move, some chars' parry, a jump (pick a direction) and itself, with a 35 frame recovery on whiff in a game with punish counters. Hell, a mf can throw out a special cancellable move, see that you've committed to a DI, and then cancel into their own if they can react. That ain't good to me, it just works within the system. It's not something you can just throw out and be okay with like a focus cancel. At earlier levels it can be used as a crutch but it's a weak foundation for sf6 starting out and will continue to be worse as lower level people level up

I don't think wakeup super is good either, but it has it's uses as well. Top players in the world get hit with those too, it's part of the game

The best players in the world aren't immune to any of these things and imo, it's not a good nor complete method to determine whether the mechanic is good or not

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mashing parry inbetweens staggers hoping for a PP is random and bummy, yes

Do you even play this shyt, you the most I told you so ass dude in this thread and I have no idea if you are even passable skill or not :patrice:
If someone is mashing parries in-between staggers consistently then stagger throw should take precedent.

Like I said, people want to run pressure but then when someone drive rushes in with plus frames they mad at the defensive options.

In SF5 a lot of times you had to mash in-between PLUS frame pressure/staggers which people would call you scrubby for "I'm plus why would you?" But it was so risky most people just held back and took the throw.

In SF6 it's more interactive now so it's scrubby. If you are autopilot or someone has a read on how you play you gonna get PP for sure. If people know how a block string ends and are ready, they PP the next normal you trying to steal turns with.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It makes players think, when you know someone is prone to DI'n there are certain buttons you can't just throw out anymore with certain characters, or at certain parts of the screen

Which just leads to people pressing nothing in neutral or only cancelable buttons. Which makes neutral stale as fukk until someone says fukk it and uses their slime or skip neutral tools :mjlol: