The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Which just leads to people pressing nothing in neutral or only cancelable buttons. Which makes neutral stale as fukk until someone says fukk it and uses their slime or skip neutral tools :mjlol:
it's a risk, just like nearly any other options in the game. with that logic you should never throw a fireball because someone might jump

if someone is consistently DI'ing your random pokes, you aren't gonna switch it up or make a mental note to do something else? you just resigned to the L? sayin "you got it, tryhard" like LTG?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
it's a risk, just like nearly any other options in the game. with that logic you should never throw a fireball because someone might jump

if someone is consistently DI'ing your random pokes, you aren't gonna switch it up or make a mental note to do something else? you just resigned to the L? sayin "you got it, tryhard" like LTG?

This is cap. You play ryu. You know there are fb traps and spacings you operate from . If you throwing point blank fbs with predictable timing often you are bad at the game.

Im not bad at this game. I just think its lacking and could be better.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know what Capcom should do, make burnout even more punishing, slightly and I mean slightly nerf the top 4, slightly buff the bottom 4 and call it a wrap.

That way anytime you get washed up for being burnt out now you can't complain at all.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
This is cap. You play ryu. You know there are fb traps and spacings you operate from . If you throwing point blank fbs with predictable timing often you are bad at the game.

so you understand there are situations where things work and they don't.

my point is the same: There's risks, and for each of these things there's an answer to. Some easier than others, but still answers. If you consistently do anything with predictable timing you are probably bad at the game and that's what parry and perfect parry answers to, esp the autopilot stuff.

If i'm throwing out st.mk with ryu and somebody DI's that shyt i'm probably not be so eager to throw that out again. Probably cr.mk or st.fp that i know are special cancellable.

mfs in here giving answers and other mfs in here sayin "See that's why the game is ass"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which just leads to people pressing nothing in neutral or only cancelable buttons. Which makes neutral stale as fukk until someone says fukk it and uses their slime or skip neutral tools :mjlol:
Cancelable bufferable low commitment normals have always been a street fighter stable. It's always been 80 percent of the neutral.

:mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ive seen DI land on the best players in the world, repeatedly, when cornered. How isnt it good?

Not to mention it flat out turns off a lot of buttons.
It's good, but it's far from unbeatable or broken. Does something have to be terrible or undeniably great in order to be accepted in the FGC? It cancelling some buttons just means you have to consider your offensive approach and your opponents decision making. Or are you talking about input cancelling?

If it's something that can work against the best players in the world, then sure, it's viable. But does something have not be able to work against the best players in the world in order for it not to be considered "scrubby"?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Cancelable bufferable low commitment normals have always been a street fighter stable. It's always been 80 percent of the neutral.

:mjlol:

Didnt I 10-0 u papi why you trying to tell me what works and what doesnt in this game :dwillhuh:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I mean, there's always room for improvement in pretty much anything. That alone doesn't equate that something's bad. I asked you once before, what would you implement to "make it better". You didn't give an answer last time. Do you have an answer now?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean, there's always room for improvement in pretty much anything. That alone doesn't equate that something's bad. I asked you once before, what would you implement to "make it better". You didn't give an answer last time. Do you have an answer now?

Larger punish window on button - DI. The amount of times Ive been hit with that shyt in the corner when Im legit mashing the button in response is comical

DR doesnt eat inputs. I played a DJ last night where I knew he would DR, so I held up soon as I seen him turn green. Instead the game decides that I dont jump and his teleports over and hits me. Terrible

Parry needs a longer lockout so you cant just spam it in blockstrings and staggers praying

Overall damage decrease

DR needs to cost two bars.

PP needs an adjustment, you shouldnt get punished as hard as you do for some buttons. Make it so jabs are only jab punishable after or something. Getting a throw into the corner for pressing jab is stupid

Obvious character balances but I care more about the system overall.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
imiLarger punish window on button - DI. The amount of times Ive been hit with that shyt in the corner when Im legit mashing the button in response is comical - I hear you here and have had that happen as well.

DR doesnt eat inputs. I played a DJ last night where I knew he would DR, so I held up soon as I seen him turn green. Instead the game decides that I dont jump and his teleports over and hits me. Terrible - This is everyone's most sensible complaint and is legit, to most degrees. Brian F has a vid explaining how that works a bit with input timing as well. Not to say that it definitively should be the way it is, but his breakdown makes it understandable a bit on the hows and why's of it.

Parry needs a longer lockout so you cant just spam it in blockstrings and staggers praying -

Overall damage decrease

DR needs to cost two bars.

PP needs an adjustment, you shouldnt get punished as hard as you do for some buttons. Make it so jabs are only jab punishable after or something. Getting a throw into the corner for pressing jab is stupid

Obvious character balances but I care more about the system overall.

Most of the these other comments, I don't really agree with. DR costing two bars would put limits on combo extensions. To which...do we want saucy shyt in the game or not, cuz this would definitely water down sauce to do so.

Damage reduction...maybe on super easy stuff, but overall, it's whatever to me as is. I like it honestly, especially with variable counter systems in place to add levels to damage.

I do kinda agree with you on the PP in same situations not making as much sense. LIke you saying, PP-ing a jab, seems crazy that some folks can get a fierce button punish from it. There are some times PP still doesn't doesn't net you a free punish of your choice tho and I'm all for more nuance to that. But as is, it's scaled so hard anyways, so outside of positioning and/or getting out of certain death situations, it's doesn't do too much OP levels of things IMO.

Character balance needs 1 year time I think for all fighting games, outside of something crazy busted like Rashid's initial level 2 super was.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd just change the juggle properties and scaling on lvl 3 supers overall.

The damage feels so high because most final rounds are finished with one extended combo into lvl 3.

Or Maybe when in burnout they can do something like reduce damage on lvl 3 or change the juggle properties on moves when you burn out.