The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Long post incoming...

Sitting at 1642 MR. Feels good to improve. But I won't lie to you, this game is actually kinda ass. The honey moon period is over and a lot of pros seem to be waking up.

The game is also very fukking random. I think Capcom thought that having a wealth of options through 93290230942 different mechanics would make the game more hype and fun but in reality it just makes it extremely fukking random. The mental stack is too high and there's too many different ways to approach things. You combine this with the fact that most moves are negative without resources and the game basically turns into a mashfest. People mashing out of strings, mashing for perfect parry when they mistime their jabs and you try to counter punch, mashing DI, mashing super. Infinites in burnout. The game lacks an ebb and flow and is just way too chaotic and volatile.

I'd give vanilla SF6 a 7/10. Purely from a competitive standpoint. As an all around videogame it's closer to a 9 or 10. It can easily be the best competitive FG ever with some tweaks though.
It's hilarious that SF players generally consider themselves the gold standard of fighting games, big MODOK brain nikkas, but are currently going through a crisis over increased mental stack:dead: especially when nikkas look down on games like MK for having such low mental stack

Nikkas really going through it:mjlol:SF players are slick exposing themselves for now having a mental stack similar to games they've always consider lower than SF. Killer Instinct and KOF have always had very high mental stack and very little downtime. KI in particular has no downtime at all. There is never a moment where you're not playing KI. SF typically has a lot of downtime, less so with SF6, and nikkas can't handle it:russ:

I personally think this is making SF players better overall but nikkas are too angry to notice. Nikkas mental fortitude is being tested and some are handling it better than others. Eventually the skill gap in SF6 is gonna be :huhldup:for this very reason

If you think the increase of mental stack makes shyt "random' I would think the solution ahead is to develop systems out of the randomness that help counter the randomness better yea?

Overall it's funny when I hear complaints about new SF games because the complaints always seem to come off like "Why can't y'all just make SF2 again?" But SF2 already exists and nikkas won't play it:russ::manny:

What would you do to lower mental stack and how do you think it would improve the game?

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And yeah I agree with some of them folks. PP is also pretty scrubby when not being used to punishs hit like head butts dragon lash etc

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why would I care what the dogshyt characters are even doing :dead:

“Cost meter” 1 bar :dead: shyt is trivial investment
Among the top tiers it's perfectly fine, it only feels too strong sometimes when it's top tier vs everyone else.

PP is fine also, dudes just want to run autopilot offense.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Among the top tiers it's perfectly fine, it only feels too strong sometimes when it's top tier vs everyone else.

PP is fine also, dudes just want to run autopilot offense.

Autopilot offense is this whole game fym :mjlol:

Once u start playing this game against good ass people the flowcharts are so prominent cuz the shyt is so strong. All
The top ten or so explode you off of silly shyt in 2-3 hits