The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Really good might be a stretch. Let's not get carried away because a top 3 all time Gief won a tournament:mjlol:

Low tier doesn't automatically mean no character will win ever. It's an aggregation of matchup matchups

SF6 balance is still bad relative to SF5, which is easily the most balanced SF game ever made. Arguably the most balanced fg

To be fair tho, I think it's more balance in season 1 than SF5 was in season one, which would also be the fairer comparison. SF5 had 5 years of patches and updates to get to its most balance game ever status, but it didn't start that way. I remember top 8s in most tourneys was just charlie, chun li and mika that opening year. I think SF6's has been more diverse winners than that already at this point just 2 months in.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes Ken JP Guile Juri Blanka Marisa Cammy Deejay Chun Li Luke are extremely powerful characters.

I feel a weird energy from you in some of these posts though homie. We good? You know you not really M Bison right?
Man get the fukk outta here with this shyt:mjlol: nikkas so damn sensitive:mjlol:

If I see some shyt that makes me go :dahell: I'm gonna respond in a :dahell: manner

Everything a discussion till somebody disagrees:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair tho, I think it's more balance in season 1 than SF5 was in season one, which would also be the fairer comparison. SF5 had 5 years of patches and updates to get to its most balance game ever status, but it didn't start that way. I remember top 8s in most tourneys was just charlie, chun li and mika that opening year. I think SF6's has been more diverse winners than that already at this point just 2 months in.
I'm torn on this because season 1 Nash was broken but he got nerfed before nikkas found the real filthy shyt

As far as balance my thing is that the worst characters at the beginning of SF5 ain't as bad as the worst characters in SF6. So yea even with S tier Nash SF5 was still unprecedentedly balanced

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm torn on this because season 1 Nash was broken but he got nerfed before nikkas found the real filthy shyt

As far as balance my thing is that the worst characters at the beginning of SF5 ain't as bad as the worst characters in SF6. So yea even with S tier Nash SF5 was still unprecedentedly balanced
I still feel 6 S1 is more balanced than 5 S1, despite their being "worse" characters in 6. Also, for posterity and clarity, by you saying "worse" here, are you speaking about low tier characters as in worse or busted characters being the "worse" part?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still feel 6 S1 is more balanced than 5 S1, despite their being "worse" characters in 6. Also, for posterity and clarity, by you saying "worse" here, are you speaking about low tier characters as in worse or busted characters being the "worse" part?
I think 6 balance is bad but not so bad that I'd be mad at your stance on it being more balanced than 5. I can see where you're coming from:manny:

With the worst part I look at things in terms of matchups more than strictly tiers. I think tiers are determined by the spectrum of a characters matchups. I cape for 5 because even with amazing top tier characters, the game was still balanced enough that the game had hardly any 7-3 matchups(before Gill was released because he was ass:huhldup:). Because of the way 5 is constructed (minimal pushback+strong throws) every character has access to overwhelm you

In 6 the weaker characters, which appear to be just the grapplers, are looking to have some of that 7-3 trouble, especially with the normals having far more pushback than 5. Now the major caveat with 6 is perfect parry. So if nikkas become perfect parry gods the odds will obviously lean more in their favor.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

SF6 is dominated by its strong system mechanics and everyone has access to it. Parry and Impact work the same for everybody so that helps a lot. Massive differences in Drive Rush ability, but at least everyone can use Drive Rush Cancel pretty well. So that plays a major part in everyone having a chance.

I can't say confidently that Manon/Lily/Gief are objectively worse off than Vega/Fang/Gief in SFV really. I'd like my chances more with the former if anything, but it's been a while so I'm not sure.

The super strong characters in S1 of SFV were Chun/Nash/Ryu/Necalli/Karin/Cammy/Mika if I recall correctly.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think having 7 characters in S is ridiculous. My personal pet peeve is shyt like S+, S, A+, A. S, A, B, C is always good enough to get the point across. We know Jamie, Ryu, and Kimberly aren't better than the characters you put in A, so B works.

Where is Marisa on your list? And why Sim A+?

As for UMVC3, I ain't make this list, but if the top row is to be believed, that's 6 characters, so close.

tfghebkibhj91.png
That list is extra as hell. Wolverine is NOT S tier. He's A tier at best. Modok is not A+ either.

Looking at it this is shaky. S+ is perfect but A+ is a mess.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That list is extra as hell. Wolverine is NOT S tier. He's A tier at best. Modok is not A+ either.

I'll take ya'll word for it. I got busy for the first year of UMVC3 with Cap/Vergil/Doom and then stopped playing lol.

Can any of ya'll marvel heads break down for me how that Wolverine/Iron Fist team was able to make it that deep into Evo? I couldn't believe my eyes. Has there been some meta developments?

^ This nikka right here.

I think I forgt Dhalsim for my tier list, but I'd put him in B.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'll take ya'll word for it. I got busy for the first year of UMVC3 with Cap/Vergil/Doom and then stopped playing lol.

Can any of ya'll marvel heads break down for me how that Wolverine/Iron Fist team was able to make it that deep into Evo? I couldn't believe my eyes. Has there been some meta developments?

^ This nikka right here.

Surprise factor/lack of matchup knowledge would be my guess.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL

^ This nikka right here.

Yeah definitely a lack of matchup knowledge. Iron Fist's assist was basically fukking everybody up.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Chris has climbed a rankings a bit in recent years too IIRC, I think because people realized how broken his magnum is and he does a crazy amount of chip

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Whoever in this thread said Manon’s QCF+K deads Blanka come hold this rep. :obama:

Fukkin Blanka players potato brains short circuit when they can’t abuse that shyt.