The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this before in here, but after cutting on DBFZ for the first time in months, yeah, SF6's art design and colors are ASS. shyt is dull as fukk. My eyes had to adjust to how amazing DBFZ looked.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
With lab time, I've pretty much mastered most of the defensive fundamentals in this game and my MR is slowly creeping up.

- Drive Impact still catches me on occasion but I'm largely ready for them and depending on the character can usually tell when they're going to apply it in a pressure string.

- I found out some tech on checking raw drive rush and that shyt has been life changing. It's pretty hilarious watching "Master" players look absolutely dumbfounded and lost as they realize that their one and only gimmick has been completely neutralized.

- DR cancels almost always get drive reversaled or EX DP'd. But this is becoming less of a thing I have to deal with because it's getting easier to control space and keep enemies away.

- Getting better at parrying but I still find it uncomfortable to do consistently. I think I need to turn it into a one button macro but then that means I'm going to have to do a lot of muscle memory retraining.

If there's one thing I think this game really needs it's a damn near universal nerf of low forwards. There are a few characters who can be spared, like Marisa and Lily. DJ's is annoying because of the knockdown but it's reach isn't that good and he can't DR cancel from it. But for most of the cast (Ken, JP, Guile, Kimberly, Jamie, Juri, Ryu, Luke, even fukkin Zangief), these buttons are obnoxious with disgusting reach and make it hard to play honest neutral. It's insane how many times I microstep backwards and a Ken or Juri clips the tip of my toe with a Dhalsim reach crouching medium kick, leading to a DR combo. Some of the characters I listed can't actually DR cancel from their low forward, like JP and Guile, but they're insane keep away tools and make it pretty hard to advance on them. A lot of these "master" players literally only press one button in neutral. Just fishing for a low forward until that shyt connects.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fishing for a low forward sounds pretty street fighter to me lol
For sure but I can't recall it ever being this bad. You should go into training and actually look at how far some of these character's low forwards can hit you from. shyt is comical. It's literally the only poke Master Ken's use in neutral.

From a game design standpoint, with how powerful a DR cancel is on hit or block, you'd think the devs would reel in the reach of some of these normals so that the cancel can actually be earned. These Ken's and Cammy's are throwing out a blocked CR MK from half a screen distance away and cancelling that shyt for free pressure. It's comedy.

Can't ever walk backwards in this game when in close quarters because the moment you do you're pretty much guaranteed to get clipped by a low forward. Then how the hell are you supposed to control space?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
For sure but I can't recall it ever being this bad. You should go into training and actually look at how far some of these character's low forwards can hit you from. shyt is comical. It's literally the only poke Master Ken's use in neutral.

From a game design standpoint, with how powerful a DR cancel is on hit or block, you'd think the devs would reel in the reach of some of these normals so that the cancel can actually be earned. These Ken's and Cammy's are throwing out a blocked CR MK from half a screen distance away and cancelling that shyt for free pressure. It's comedy.

Can't ever walk backwards in this game when in close quarters because the moment you do you're pretty much guaranteed to get clipped by a low forward. Then how the hell are you supposed to control space?

This is what people asked for after 5 no? I didnt fukk with that game but iirc wasnt a big complaint stubby normals

I agree its pretty annoying.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Most fun thing in fgs is not letting nikkas play fym :dahell:

I'm not big on characters who don't have interactivity because I enjoy the back and forth battle of wits, but games like Marvel wouldn't have a following if people didn't have your mentality, so to each their own.

Marioparty1.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
With lab time, I've pretty much mastered most of the defensive fundamentals in this game and my MR is slowly creeping up.

- Drive Impact still catches me on occasion but I'm largely ready for them and depending on the character can usually tell when they're going to apply it in a pressure string.

- I found out some tech on checking raw drive rush and that shyt has been life changing. It's pretty hilarious watching "Master" players look absolutely dumbfounded and lost as they realize that their one and only gimmick has been completely neutralized.

- DR cancels almost always get drive reversaled or EX DP'd. But this is becoming less of a thing I have to deal with because it's getting easier to control space and keep enemies away.

- Getting better at parrying but I still find it uncomfortable to do consistently. I think I need to turn it into a one button macro but then that means I'm going to have to do a lot of muscle memory retraining.

If there's one thing I think this game really needs it's a damn near universal nerf of low forwards. There are a few characters who can be spared, like Marisa and Lily. DJ's is annoying because of the knockdown but it's reach isn't that good and he can't DR cancel from it. But for most of the cast (Ken, JP, Guile, Kimberly, Jamie, Juri, Ryu, Luke, even fukkin Zangief), these buttons are obnoxious with disgusting reach and make it hard to play honest neutral. It's insane how many times I microstep backwards and a Ken or Juri clips the tip of my toe with a Dhalsim reach crouching medium kick, leading to a DR combo. Some of the characters I listed can't actually DR cancel from their low forward, like JP and Guile, but they're insane keep away tools and make it pretty hard to advance on them. A lot of these "master" players literally only press one button in neutral. Just fishing for a low forward until that shyt connects.
Leave Gief out of it, he's 7'0", so his leg should reach, and you get zero off it. It's not like he has buttons that PULL YOU IN like Manon or something.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In order.

S
1. JP
2. Ken
3. Guile
4. Juri
5. Deejay
6. Luke
7. Blanka

A
8. Marisa
9. Cammy
10. Chun Li
11. Rashid

B
12. Kimberly
13. Ryu
14. Jamie
15. Honda

C
16. Manon
16. Lily
18. Zangief
7 characters in S?:pachaha:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
In order.

S
1. JP
2. Ken
3. Guile
4. Juri
5. Deejay
6. Luke
7. Blanka

A
8. Marisa
9. Cammy
10. Chun Li
11. Rashid

B
12. Kimberly
13. Ryu
14. Jamie
15. Honda

C
16. Manon
16. Lily
18. Zangief

The internet has ruined what S-tier meant:dead:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again with nikkas hating fun:dead:

Believe or not low forwards are already pre nerfed. A low forward starter automatically scales at 30%

And damn low forwards are the essence of Street Fighter. What the fukk do you nikkas want?:dead:. What would you do to low forward?

The rest of your post that I cut out I agree with. That type of introspection is how nikkas get better

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
In order.

S
1. JP
2. Ken
3. Guile
4. Juri
5. Deejay
6. Luke
7. Blanka

A
8. Marisa
9. Cammy
10. Chun Li
11. Rashid

B
12. Kimberly
13. Ryu
14. Jamie
15. Honda

C
16. Manon
16. Lily
18. Zangief

I know blanka is probably the best he’s ever been but when did he become S tier? And DeeJay is he high because of his unreactable DR?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Improve your timing

You're either doing it or it's being done to you:manny: