The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Hold the fukk up Ken is +12 on st.hp, and on st.lp if spaced properly he’s plus enough to go in st.hk?

Bruh seriously fukk this character, no wonder why these Mexican kens don’t respect me.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Hold the fukk up Ken is +12 on st.hp, and on st.lp if spaced properly he’s plus enough to go in st.hk?

Bruh seriously fukk this character, no wonder why these Mexican kens don’t respect me.
I honestly dislike the entire offensive philosophy of this game, I just play it

The moment a ken touches me I immediately alpha counter so I don't have to guess

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
So now that it’s been a few months how do we feel about the DR heavy meta and how bad is it compared to the V system?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So now that it’s been a few months how do we feel about the DR heavy meta and how bad is it compared to the V system?

Preface I like the the V System, but it had its flaws due to the design philosophy of V, especially in character utility, but Drive System is just better as it’s universal.

I like DR but that shyt needs to brought in line as it’s too abusable with the top tiers, sometimes that shyt is damn near un-reactable. To compensate I think certain characters should get different data on DI. Either way we’re only in the vanilla version the game is in great state so mechanics wise it’s only going to get better.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The drive system I'm okay with, but I disagree with the costs associated with it

The game is designed to punish you for playing defensively and reward you for overwhelming offense, and I understand why, but I don't like it. If anything I want the game to punish you for bad defense and reward for good offense.

If I blocked that mixup, why am I being punished by losing this much drive meter, frametrapped, or forced to have this many limited options to react to xy and z moves in order to reset to neutral, shyt makes no sense..

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I personally think this is a terrible fukking fighting game but I'm in the minority so I'mma let everyone cook :yeshrug:

The volatility of this game just breeds randomness until you get the top top top level of player and you not hitting that unless his is literally your fukking job so often times you'll just feel robbed playing this. Clean neutral for 99% of the match can all be taken away because you had the bright idea to stick out a poke, get DI'd now Ken is tap dancing on your head or got you in throw loops.

DI punish window needs to be increased massively when you are in blockstun. That shyt should not be a fukking real ass mixup in the corner off of meaties. its retarded. me, you, pro, god. no one will react to that shyt in the window it requires enough for it to not be okay in this. There is already only several defensive options in the game why make offense so comically strong and easy to obtain.

Drive rush is stupid and unbalanceable in its current rendition. Even if you make it two bars people are still going to use it just as much.

Overall I detest this game :dead: I only play it at work and to have a proper frame of reference for how bad it is.

The first patch for this will be telling for if I ever touch it after this year.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I personally think this is a terrible fukking fighting game but I'm in the minority so I'mma let everyone cook :yeshrug:

The volatility of this game just breeds randomness until you get the top top top level of player and you not hitting that unless his is literally your fukking job so often times you'll just feel robbed playing this. Clean neutral for 99% of the match can all be taken away because you had the bright idea to stick out a poke, get DI'd now Ken is tap dancing on your head or got you in throw loops.

DI punish window needs to be increased massively when you are in blockstun. That shyt should not be a fukking real ass mixup in the corner off of meaties. its retarded. me, you, pro, god. no one will react to that shyt in the window it requires enough for it to not be okay in this. There is already only several defensive options in the game why make offense so comically strong and easy to obtain.

Drive rush is stupid and unbalanceable in its current rendition. Even if you make it two bars people are still going to use it just as much.

Overall I detest this game :dead: I only play it at work and to have a proper frame of reference for how bad it is.

The first patch for this will be telling for if I ever touch it after this year.
I played a luke like last week or so that was abusing this and I just thought I was just bad at the game because I SWORE I was reacting to it, now I understand. I agree completely. Also, throw might as well not even exist as a DI punish option because you pretty much will never get a throw punish on DI.

I maintain the way to fix DR outside of cost/range, is to stop letting people DR on block, this is SF, give nikkas turns. They act like this MVC :dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I played a luke like last week or so that was abusing this and I just thought I was just bad at the game because I SWORE I was reacting to it, now I understand. I agree completely. Also, throw might as well not even exist as a DI punish option because you pretty much will never get a throw punish on DI.

I maintain the way to fix DR outside of cost/range, is to stop letting people DR on block, this is SF, give nikkas turns. They act like this MVC :dead:

Well, in training you can set it up to do button —-DI setups and usually they are grabbable but the prob is you are never doing that shyt in match worrying about 80 other things.

This is also why Modern is inherently broken since it condenses things on a punish level. Instead of having to look for DI, with modern you can look for anything and react

Dr on block is one of the more fine things in the game in theory. The issue is that drive rush button gives u silly plus frames on shyt, even on block. Another braindead design choice :ehh:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
From the outside looking in, JP players saying their character is boring confuses me, but the more I think about it, I get it.

The character turns every match into a 1 player game and limits interactivity to much larger degree than any one else in the game. A huge reason why fighting games are fun is that player interactivity, so it makes sense that JP players don't feel particularly stimulated. 79% of the match is you making your opponent play Mario Party while you anti air their jumps then making them play Mario Party again.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
From the outside looking in, JP players saying their character is boring confuses me, but the more I think about it, I get it.

The character turns every match into a 1 player game and limits interactivity to much larger degree than any one else in the game. A huge reason why fighting games are fun is that player interactivity, so it makes sense that JP players don't feel particularly stimulated. 79% of the match is you making your opponent play Mario Party while you anti air their jumps then making them play Mario Party again.

Most fun thing in fgs is not letting nikkas play fym :dahell: